1st Info for Digimon Card Game Booster Set 4- 'Great Legend' on December 18th?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We're about a month away from Booster Set 3 coming out, but we may have the first details for Booster Set 4 already.

The Project Core card shop in Osaka has begun to take pre-orders for Booster Set 4 of the Digimon Card Game.

Card distribution for the set isn't available yet (although similar to the first 3 would be the expectation.)

The name of the set they give is 'Great Legend', with a date of December 18th.

Card shops in Japan have been a good source for accurate and early information, so we expect the information is accurate, but we will see.

More details on the 4th set will hopefully pop-up soon regardless (although we still have plenty to see for Booster Set 3.)

Booster Set 3 Union Impact comes out in October and we've begun to get previews of the cards which you can see here and here.

Pre-orders for the Green, Purple, and Black starter decks have opened. They are out in November.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power is out!
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power Card Images

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card

Attachments

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This new card game releasing faster than Yugioh and Pokemon....

Great Legend.. Hm if "Union Impact" = Jogress fusions because of "Union" implies that.

Royal Knights? Legendary Warriors/Ancient Warriors?

zerorynga

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BT1 New Evolution, BT2 Ultimate Power, BT3 Union Impact, & BT4 Great Legend.
Gotta love the consistency in the naming pattern for the boosters, just like the -mon extension suffix of Digimon.
"Great Legend", can't really come up with anything aside from the Legend Arms group, which already debuted in Union Impact.
Right, "Legend" as in the Ten Legendary Warriors, perhaps we will be getting cards based on Digimon Frontier, Hybrid-level Digimon and Tamer that can evolve to Digimon in this set?
And hey, Bandai, it is about high time to give us Alphamon, the great legendary Royal Knight.
My Royal Knight collection feels incomplete with my Omegamon without Alphamon.

Last edited:

Takeshi55

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great Legend could mean many things:

Digimental
Hybrids
Legendary Ten Warriors
Royal Knights
Olympus XII
Five Holy Beasts
Deva
Four Great Dragons

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ayy, nice to see the TCG train keeping up its pace with awesome releases.

As for the potential contents, "Great Legend" immediately causes the Legend-Arms to come to mind but I doubt they'd make a set around that when most of said group was already featured in Union Impact - whilst it would be awesome if they unveiled some new Legend-Arms Digimon I highly doubt they'd do it via the TCG.

Thus the other main plausible group would be the "伝説の十闘士" (The Legendary Warrior Ten) from Frontier. Which if true would be awesome, Frontier would be getting a lot of love in recent time from appearances in HM and DW:NO, to Pendulum Z and now this. It would also make a lot of sense to use the Ancient Digimon to rep Frontier since they have actual Levels unlike the Hybrids created through Spirit Evolution. Though I suspect we'll see Agnimon and the rest sooner or later regardless since they are the main face of Frontier.

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wait what if the hint for the theme of the set in the name isn't the legend part? what if it's the great part... oh nooo they are finally making a greymon only set!!

but joking aside i'm crossing my fingers for the theme to be about the 10 legendary warriors mons

Tarama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy with the news. Hope it keeps going until Booster Set 10 where we'd get the X Antibody digimon.
Well, 10 = X

Anyway, I'll add another possibility: Great Legends could also mean The Legendary Heroes.
But I prefer the Digimentals/Legendary Spirits.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish Great Legend boosters release new Digimon for Legend Arms. Like Jintrix released some new ones.

C'mon Legend word is really too loose to refer which or who.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We barely even know what's in set three lol

Legend Arms did come to mind for me first too, but theyre in the previous set. I do agree this will probably be a Hybrid focused set. If so, don't make the Human Spirits Rookies like the recent Vpets did...

and I guess these ones wont be part of the upcoming English set

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally id bet on heavenly beasts + devas, but i dunno
"Great Legend" is far too vague

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Probably. Maybe we'll finally get the 8 remaining Child forms and the 4 remaining Hybrid forms?
5. I'm hoping Duskmon and Velgmon don't get the shaft whenever they do release the remaining fusion forms (no matter what BS the franchise spews about the Darkness Spirits having "true" forms).

I do agree this will probably be a Hybrid focused set. If so, don't make the Human Spirits Rookies like the recent Vpets did...
Seconded. How does that even work when "unpowered" Hybrids (Flamon and Strabimon) are factored in? At least with fused and transcendent Hybrids, it isn't that hard to see them as alternate Ultimate forms.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Probably. Maybe we'll finally get the 8 remaining Child forms and the 4 remaining Hybrid forms?
5. I'm hoping Duskmon and Velgmon don't get the shaft whenever they do release the remaining fusion forms (no matter what BS the franchise spews about the Darkness Spirits having "true" forms).

I do agree this will probably be a Hybrid focused set. If so, don't make the Human Spirits Rookies like the recent Vpets did...
Seconded. How does that even work when "unpowered" Hybrids (Flamon and Strabimon) are factored in? At least with fused and transcendent Hybrids, it isn't that hard to see them as alternate Ultimate forms.
Maybe in the Vpet lore theyre babies lol. Flamemon = Koromon.

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe in the Vpet lore theyre babies lol. Flamemon = Koromon.
Doesn't really fit though. Agnimon was Adult level, Vritramon was approximately Perfect, Aldamon/Ardhamon was Ultimate.

And then you have the Ancients and the Hyper and Susanoo, but that just falls into Ultimate being the dumping ground level at this point. We aren't given much reason to believe that the Double Spirits are that much weaker than the Ancients, at least, given that by all rights they're the same things in different bodies.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man, you reminded me of the Ancients. You know, I always figured that the Ancient Digimon were introduced as these forms that the Chosen Children were building towards, recombining the Spirits that got separated..... and then fusion Hybrids happened. Except they were only actually used by two characters, two characters who'd immediately move onto their even further upgraded transcendent Hybrid forms anyway. Frontier was pretty screwy.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man, you reminded me of the Ancients. You know, I always figured that the Ancient Digimon were introduced as these forms that the Chosen Children were building towards, recombining the Spirits that got separated..... and then fusion Hybrids happened. Except they were only actually used by two characters, two characters who'd immediately move onto their even further upgraded transcendent Hybrid forms anyway. Frontier was pretty screwy.
I'm sure that's a rant that warrants its own thread.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We barely even know what's in set three lol
What...? Half of that 3rd series were already revealed....

I just realized and worried if Rafflesimon didn't make it in that Union Impact.

I think Great Legend could make some Olympus Twelve appear at least. Great Myth sounds odd but I just get too hopeful.

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rafflesimon is weird because it's totally a Jogress and has been described as such, but in actual gameplay terms... well, it evolves from Green and Green. So it may as well be a normal evo.

But it will be in eventually. Don't worry.

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rafflesimon is weird because it's totally a Jogress and has been described as such, but in actual gameplay terms... well, it evolves from Green and Green. So it may as well be a normal evo.

But it will be in eventually. Don't worry.
If there can be a green Agumon, there can be a red Lalamon