1st Details for Digimon Card Game Booster 6 Double Diamond & New Sleeves, More Info for Dukemon & ULForceV-dramon Starter Decks

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A few different Japanese card shops (2) (3) (4) have posted details for upcoming Digimon Card Game stuff, so we have a few different things to go over.

First up, the 6th Digimon Card Game booster set is called 'Double Diamond' and will be released on May 28th.

The set looks to be 113 cards total with distribution as such:
Common, 44 cards
Uncommon, 30 cards
Rare, 26 cards
Super Rare, 11 cards
Secret Rare, 2 cards

Hopefully we get a sales sheet soon that will give us some additional info. The only previous info we had for booster set 6 was it being mentioned as 'coming' when various Card Game anniversary plans were mentioned on the recent stream.

On April 23rd will be 4 more types of Digimon Card Game sleeves. We will hopefully get design images/announcements soon.

Then we have info for the the 2 new starter decks that were also announced with the anniversary plans.

The Dukemon deck will be ST-7 and the ULForceV-dramon deck will be ST-8.

Both will be out April 23rd for 1,200 yen.

Each will come with 2 memory gauges and a play mat.

Each deck will be 54 cards, plus 6. The 54 cards will be made up of multiple cards from 16 cards of the following distribution:
Common, 5 cards
Uncommon, 6 cards
Rare, 3 cards
Super Rare, 2 cards

The 6 extra cards will be of a new rarity labeled 'CP'. Based on info from the stream (although not 100% sure), it appears these are Super Rares, possibly updated reprints, with new text effects (but like I said, not sure, they mentioned the decks coming with 6 Super Rares in the stream, which seems to line up with this new rarity.)

Hopefully we get additional details & clarity soon (some of this stuff may be easily explainable by the number of fans of various card game fans we have on the forum, so we'll see.)

Attachments

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Double Diamond" eh? Hmm...nothing is particularly springing to mind as to what that could entail.

As for the Starter Decks, I wonder if we'll get Takato and Taichi (V-Tamer) as Tamer cards? :unsure:

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The first thing comes to my mind when I read Double Diamond is the bluish green crystal of some X digimon.

Ulforce's Tamer could be Taichi or Rina.
Duke's could be Takato or Kouta.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Odd title for this new booster.

Sounds like its for all Ore, Rock, Mineral maybe Lava digimon.

Impossible to predict.

HeavyLeomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Only comes to my mind blastmon and renamon (because of the Diamond attack)
As long as It has nothing related to appmon or x-antybody im fine.
Would be nice if its about a new digimon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks to ski club, the first thing I think of when I hear “double diamond” are challenging slopes. I doubt that has anything to do with the set, though. lol

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks to ski club, the first thing I think of when I hear “double diamond” are challenging slopes. I doubt that has anything to do with the set, though. lol
Time for Snowagumon!

(It's probably an X set.)

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The first thing comes to my mind when I read Double Diamond is the bluish green crystal of some X digimon
oh, I totally forgot, wasn't it mentioned the booster set currently being previewed (set 5, Battle of Omega) is supposed to give us our first X Antibody Digimon? A follow up X Digimon set makes sense. I am on a 10 minute work break as I'm writing and need to head back but yeah, it was mentioned here.
X set looks very plausible

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope there'll be cards of Pulsemon and his evo lines.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very intrigued and confused by the idea of reprints with new effects, because that, by virtue of what a card is, should not be considered a reprint. I guess the idea is to share the same art and technically be a new card? In that case, does it get a new card number, like ST7-017 for example, or would it keep the same numbers as the BT2 release? From the sound of things, I also expected the 54 cards to be composed of both reprints and new cards, but if the CP cards are the ones they meant all along when they mentioned reprints, I guess we'll be getting a total of 16 new cards per deck which is cool. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I also expect BT6 to be an X-Antibody focused set after BT5 introduces them. I've seen speculation of selling it on Dorumon and Ryudamon being counterparts of sorts with matching "diamonds" on their heads, since the Interface as its apparently known just looks like a big, embedded jewel.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If one of the Secret Rares of the current Set ends up being Omegamon X then I could definitely see the cover card of BT-06 being Alphamon leading the X-Antibody Digimon as a counterpart. That theory about "Double Diamond" referring to Dorumon and Ryudamon certainly makes enough sense that I could buy it.

As always, I just hope they're some cool non-themed cards in the Set as well, especially this time as X-Antibody Digimon don't vibe with me.

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First thing I think of upon double diamond is the symbol on Culumon's forehead but that's not really a diamond I guess. Dorumon and Ryuudamon too I guess.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So now I've seen someone make the point that the "Diamond" in Japanese can also mean "Kizuna" or something, somehow? I guess it's possible we get some movie focus now, which I'd be very happy about.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So now I've seen someone make the point that the "Diamond" in Japanese can also mean "Kizuna" or something, somehow?
Uh...no. In terms of linguistics it's literally just the word "Diamond" whether that means the mineral, the baseball term or the card suit.

But granted I have not seen Digimon Kizuna so I can't speak to any diamond-shape things that may or may not have appeared in that film.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Uh...no. In terms of linguistics it's literally just the word "Diamond" whether that means the mineral, the baseball term or the card suit.

But granted I have not seen Digimon Kizuna so I can't speak to any diamond-shape things that may or may not have appeared in that film.
I’m almost for sure wrong then, because I’m just echoing a random statement from someone else at best lol. Thanks for letting me know!

As for Kizuna, there’s isn’t anything especially related to diamonds (of any kind) that I can think of.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I’m almost for sure wrong then, because I’m just echoing a random statement from someone else at best lol. Thanks for letting me know!

As for Kizuna, there’s isn’t anything especially related to diamonds (of any kind) that I can think of.
It seemingly started because a random person in Japan tweeted wondering if the set might be about Kizuna, and people seemingly misunderstood what they were saying.

I believe they were referencing the idea that...
Diamond- Being rare and fancy and often seen as powerful 'could' equate to the Kizuna Digimon.
Double- That there were 2 of them.

Their post also specifically said they were just theorizing.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Blastmon and Renamon were my first thoughts too, though Blastmon had a card recently and Renamon's Diamond Storm is a dub thing so prob not (plus it seems Renamon is part of the upcoming set already).

Dorumon and Ryudamon is a really good theory though.