19th Anniversary of Digimon Tamers!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's April 1st in Japan, so time for another anniversary! Digimon Tamers began 19 years ago on April 1st, 2001.

(Various text below has been used in prior anniversary articles.)

Tamers was the first time time the anime tried a new universe, and mixed in concepts we saw in the franchise previously with some more sci-fi elements.

Fans of Tamers have always liked that slightly different feel the series had, largely brought to the table by Chiaka Konaka, and were very pleased when the show not only got a Blu-ray box last year, but a new story with it written by Konaka!

In recent years, on top of that Blu-ray box and audio drama, Tamers has gotten a number of figures (with a new GEM of Beelzebumon & Behemoth coming soon... oddly that was also true last year, but pre-orders are done, and it's simply been delayed a bit due to Coronavirus, so should be out soon!), a few anniversary D-Ark releases, plus some featured facetime in recent V-Pet releases.

Tamers fans will likely have many thoughts about the series to share.

We did a breakdown of the Digimon Tamers BD-Box a couple years ago, along with a translation (with additional translated details) of the audio drama.

The Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box is still available to order. Be aware many stores are actively advertising that the first print version is sold out: (Affiliate link)
Digimon Tamers BD-Box

An image Megahouse shared of a number of the figures they've done with characters featured in Tamers!

Attachments

DedicatedGazi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tamers is where Digimon cemented it's pace in my heart. I liked Adventure and 02, but Tamers is where I KNEW Digimon would always be a part of me,
One of my fondest memories is in "The Icemon Cometh". There is a scene in which Ice Devimon shows Rika his captured Digimon. He says some belonged to Tamers, and they show Gazimon. I remember thinking"it's a sign! Gazimon is MY partner, and I have to save him!" He's been my partner ever since.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tamers is my number 1 fave season, hopefully there is a sequel after the new adventure verse.

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For many of us, Tamers solidifed Digimon in the mainstream and in our childhoods. I was a fan since Adventure but my friends got into Digimon when Tamers first aired.

I was absolutely obsessed with the three main Digimon, the tamers were also endearing.

This season had the most edge imo and was pretty polished in terms of writing, though I did not care for the final villain or the end.

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I, myself, was hooked on this series/season. Takato became my favorite goggle head.

I think it was genius for them to include the official card game in this series because it finally got me collecting them (English and Japanese versions of course).

I'm still collecting to this day.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hooray! Maybe they can do something next year. Depending. ...Maybe Tamers Psi? ... Tamers Orga? ...Sorry, had to.