With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure AU Villains as Partners

Ain't got no mojo...

Digimon Adventure AU Villains as Partners

I've had this idea in my mind for an AU of Digimon Adventure some time now, but wanted to post it to hear what other people thought. The story is that since Virus type digimon wreaked havoc upon the Digital World in the past and nearly brought about its destruction, a group of vaccine and data types called the Order of Light has formed to wipe out all Virus types so that history does not repeat itself. Tai and the others are summoned to the Digital World to fight for the innocent virus digimon and put a stop to the Order's ruthless persecution. The digidestined and partners would be as such...
    Tai and Gazimon-Devidramon-Mephistomon-Gulfmon-Apocalymon
    Matt and Mushroomon-Woodmon-Cherrymon-Puppetmon-AncientTroiamon
    Sora and DemiDevimon-Soulmon-Phantomon-Piedmon-ChaosPiedmon
    Izzy and Hagurumon-Mekanorimon-Megadramon-Machinedramon-Chaosdramon
    Mimi and Goblimon-Ogremon-Etemon-MetalEtemon-KingEtemon
    Joe and Betamon-Seadramon-MegaSeadramon-MetalSeadramon-GigaSeadramon
    TK and Tsukaimon-Devimon-NeoDevimon-Daemon-Daemon (Beast)
    Kari and Impmon-IceDevimon-Myotismon-VenomMyotismon-MaloMyotismon

Much like the original, there would be four main arcs, with the original partners replacing the original villains as, well, the villains...
    Devimon Arc=Angemon Arc
    Etemon Arc=Lillymon Arc
    Myotismon Arc=Angewomon Arc (VenomMyotismon=Magnadramon)
    Dark Masters Arc=Masters of Light Arc (MetalSeadramon=Vikemon, Puppetmon=MetalGarurumon, Machinedramon=HerculesKabuterimon, Piedmon=Hououmon, MetalEtemon=Rosemon, Apocalymon=VictoryGreymon)

I wanted to do the same idea for 02 as well, but I'm still thinking about counterparts and digivolution lines on that one. What do you all think?

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Why put Kari with Impmon? Just with Blackgatomon-Ladydevimon-Lilithmon
    Impmon can be the "gennai" of the group
    As for 02, the best one I can think of is Cody and Gesomon-Marinedevimon-Leviamon

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Why does little miss messiah not have the literal apocalypse monster? Let Kari be Actual Satan!

Ain't got no mojo...
    I didn't go with LadyDevimon because she was a minor villain. As for a 'Gennai' for the group, I was originally thinking either Gennai himself, since he would be more than willing to help stop the Order's senseless slaughter of all virus types and maintain balance in the Digital World, or perhaps Datamon. Cody's partner was actually going to be Mummymon, but perhaps the members of the Daemon Corps would be better partners to the 02 digidestined than the arc villains.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    Why does little miss messiah not have the literal apocalypse monster? Let Kari be Actual Satan!
    Actual Satan would be Lucemon, no?

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon= View Post
    perhaps the members of the Daemon Corps would be better partners to the 02 digidestined than the arc villains.
    Forgot to comment on this bit.

Davis - his main thing is dragons, so Megidramon is probably the best pick of Mega here if sticking to it is a necessity. Back-filling from that, Orochimon and Devidramon. Don't have an idea for a Rookie. For Cody, the main theme to the line is raw strength insofar as there is one. How about the whole Arkadimon line of bruisers? For Yolei, I can think of two options. Either focus on the warrior aspect of Valkyrimon, in which case ChaosGallantmon would be a good Mega for her, or the bird aspect, meaning Ornismon. Ken... his regular line actually already works as a viral inversion.

How does that work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Actual Satan would be Lucemon, no?
    Actual Satan, as in what Tv Tropes calls Satanic Archetype - that Kari should have the single biggest evil possible as her partner, because it would be awesome.

Ain't got no mojo... rsccooperinc's Avatar
    Add rsccooperinc on DeviantArt
    Wow. Really interesting idea. I'm not exactly sure I would want to see the orignal Dark Masters be heroes, but I like how you presented the idea of the swap

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    Hey. I'd like to give my thoughts. Starting with 02.

You might want to consider not changing the 02 starting Digimon at all. Particularly because many (most?) of the partners have an Attribute of Free, which does not fall into the Vi/Va/Da breakdown. This gives them the option to be renegades, freedom fighters, or some other group of independents. Past this, you can change up the Armor evolutions all you wanted to.

As for the lineup, a few quick comments on the non-main cast. I would swap Gigadramon for Megadramon for Izzy to flow with the silver color palette, and I think Ogremon/Etemon has some troubles. Ogremon has always suffered from a lack of suitable Perfects after all. I do love Goblimon to Ogremon for a Partner choice though, it's very Agumon/Greymon, or Biyomon/Birdramon in it's obvious growth stage increase, something which was so distinct in early Adventure. Plus, the evolution between Togemon and Lilymon was kinda quirky, so I think Goblimon/Ogremon can still work. Otherwise I think the "Side 4" are looking great. All 4 have very natural, predictable, and logical evolution lines. But now that I think about it, is there any reason you did not opt for a Kunemon/Kuwagamon/Okuwamon line for Izzy, after all you have Joe's evolution as the natural Virus inverse for water Digimon?

The "Main 4" also have some troubles, in my view. I think what happened with Tai is that you started with Apocalymon and worked backwards which makes it feel a little less organic. Gazimon isn't a bad choice, but I wonder if something like Gizamon/DarkTyranomon/MetalTyranomon might be more suitable. Furry Digimon are definitely more of a Matt thing. For example, all of the other evolutions from the "Side 4" seem to echo some element of the original character. Joe having aquatic, Sora having flying, and even Izzy and Mimi's choices seem to fit thematically. But I personally could not see any iteration of Tai with a Mephistomon. This is personal taste. The same is true with Matt, but I think your choice of Digimon evolutions is much more in line here. I still offer an alternative below.

Another thing to note is there are no distinctly female Digimon in your original line up. In the Adventure universe, I think with the exception of Hawkmon in 02, all Digimon partners have historically matched the gender of their partners. I understand the need to want to have TK and Kari have some matching Digimon, but I think the IceDevimon/Devimon is throwing things off here. In particular, your logic to not include LadyDevimon due to it being a minor Villain in Adventure seems strange since nearly all of your original evolutions either feature a Dark Master, or an Etemon or Devimon form. I think LadyDevimon is an explicitly natural choice for a Virus AU and can compliment either Myotismon/NeoDevimon nicely. What matters is not to be creative for the sake of being creative. Using Tsukaimon/Devimon for TK is a perfect example of using the obvious parallel to the benefit of the story in both the quality of the evolution line and matching the original characters theme.

Here is my take and the rationale.

Tai and Gizamon/DarkTyranomon/MetalTyranomon/RustTyranomon (Metal/Dinosaurs)
    Matt and Gazimon/Devidramon/Mephistomon/Gulfmon (Mammal)

I also think that Gizamon/Gazimon make a nice pair for the two main Digi's, straight out of the Version 5 V-Pet.

Sora and DemiDevimon/Soulmon/Phantomon (Flying/Spirit/Ghost)
    Izzy and Kunemon/Kuwagamon/Okuwamon (Insect)
    Mimi and Goblimon-Ogremon-Etemon (Mutant/Humanoid)
    Joe and Betamon-Seadramon-MegaSeadramon (Aquatic)
    TK and Tsukaimon/Devimon/NeoDevimon or Myotismon (Demonic)
    Kari and BlackGatomon/LadyDevimon (Female)

You will notice I've also lobbed off the last few evolutions as they are very redundant if you are keeping the enemy story-arc levels the same. After all, we don't need Super-Ultimates if the "Masters of Light" are only Ultimates. I've also only included two levels for Kari's partner, since again this isn't overly necessary if you're looking at a similar storyline unfolding with an 8th Child.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

Ain't got no mojo...
    Wow... Thank you for your generous feedback and recommendations. I'm afraid I don't know what you meant by 'working backwards' with Tai and Apocalymon. If you mean that he's too powerful, then know that he wouldn't have actually become Apocalymon until the final battle with VictoryGreymon, where the other digimon partners would all transfer some of their data to Gulfmon. I do kinda agree with the whole BlackGatomon/LadyDevimon for Kari thing. In fact, it was a battle of giving Kari LadyDevimon and Tai Myotismon or Kari Myotismon and Tai Apocalymon. I might have chosen incorrectly on that count. The reason I added Megas and Burst Modes for the side characters' partners was because it would have seemed strange to me to not have them eventually take the forms they were known best for. Also, since the Order of Light is led mostly by Mega level Vaccine types with tons of experience, BM might be the only way for a Virus type to gain the upper hand.

While I'm replying to you, I'd also like to post my 02 ideas now that I've finally thought it out...
    Davis- BlackAgumon/BlackGreymon/MetalGreymon (Virus)/BlackWarGreymon
    Ken- Gizamon/Deltamon/Kimeramon/Millenniummon or Ghoulmon
    Yolei- DoKuemon/Dokugumon/Arukenimon/Parasimon or Lilithmon
    Cody- Shamamon/Fugamon/Mummymon/Pharoahmon

Digimon Emperor Arc=Not a clue! Help me out here!
    Arukenimon Arc=Silphymon Arc (Mummymon=Shakkoumon)
    BlackWarGreymon Arc=Imperialdramon Arc
    Oikawa Arc=Once again, not a clue except MaloMyotismon=Ophanimon

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    i dunno if you should give them the villains as partners, maybe using virus counterparts is a better solution, you have to use non villains as gap fillers anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast