With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: D-3 Version 1 Questions

Ain't got no mojo...

D-3 Version 1 Questions

I just stumbled onto this website, was overcome with Digimon nostalgia and excitement, and went ahead and purchased a 20th Anniversary Alphamon-colored Digivice off of eBay.

In preparation for it to arrive in April, I found my old Japanese D-3 Version 1 with V-mon and Wormmon and decided to try to actually beat it.
    After digging around and looking at English instructions, I still have some questions, and was hoping someone could help me out?

1. I see that there is training, but what is the purpose of training? Does it matter which one I train in?
    2. I see that some videos show that some people have "Shinka" option to evolve V-mon, but it seems I have not gotten the correct Digimentals. But I am not familiar with the term "Jogress" to get Paildramon and Dinobeemon. How does one do this?
    3. Do certain radio/electronic waves give out certain Digimentals? Never was sure...

If anyone can answer these, or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated! Thank you!

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    Hey!

1) Training is a way to maximize your stats. Each Digimon starts with HP/AP/SP values which can be increased through Training to a maximum.
    2) You need 3 pieces of a Digimental to form the Egg and then evolve your partner. Once you gain Stingmon and ExVeemon I believe the Paildramon and DinoBeemon forms unlock automatically. Been a while.
    3) I've never seen this to be the case.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Duke2000 View Post
    Hey!

1) Training is a way to maximize your stats. Each Digimon starts with HP/AP/SP values which can be increased through Training to a maximum.
    2) You need 3 pieces of a Digimental to form the Egg and then evolve your partner. Once you gain Stingmon and ExVeemon I believe the Paildramon and DinoBeemon forms unlock automatically. Been a while.
    3) I've never seen this to be the case.
    Thanks for getting back to me! For question 2, does that mean I might not need to "jogress" with another digivice or anything like that? Very confusing because some sources say I require one.
    I should be able to finish all the stages without it, right?

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    Oh damn. It's been a while. If you have a Version 1 you will be simultaneously be raising a V-mon and a Wormmon in the device. This is why I believe that you should be able to just unlock the evolution. I may be wrong however. For the Ultimate evolution you DO require Jogressing with the Wonderswan Games though.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Duke2000 View Post
    Oh damn. It's been a while. If you have a Version 1 you will be simultaneously be raising a V-mon and a Wormmon in the device. This is why I believe that you should be able to just unlock the evolution. I may be wrong however. For the Ultimate evolution you DO require Jogressing with the Wonderswan Games though.
    Thanks for responding! I will do my best to beat this device.