With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: New tri. Part 6 Trailer Plus Theater List

I've merged your posts, you've been here long enough that you shouldn't need to be told not to double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    PS: Anyway, in any case, Daemon must be affected by the reboot, since he belongs to the Digital World in Adventure anime.
    There's no factual basis to say he 'must have' been. The Dark Ocean may be immune.

The reboot definitely affected things outside the Digital World. After all, Gennai said Digimon, who died in the Real World, can reborn because the reboot.
    That doesn't tell us what happens 'outside' of the Digital World. Just that things 'in/from' the digital world are put back to their beginning states inside the digital world.

Also, Homeostasis never mentioned the Digimon need to be in the Digital World to be affected for the reboot. In fact, it's imply that they will be affected in the Real World.
    It really doesn't seem to be. The goal of the Digimon seems to 'really' be to keep Meicrackmon in that space. If the reboot affects 'everything' then they can just grab the Digimon, stick them in any digital space Koushiro has protected, and let Meicoomon wander around until the reboot happens.

In the battle against Meickramon, the Digimon try to put all the Digimon in the "Cube" that Koushiro created to protect their memories.
    No one has disagreed with this. It's explained pretty clearly in tri.

PS: At the end, HerculesKabuterimon throw the Digimon in the Digital Space, but I don't think this was necessary for the reboot. HerculesKabuterimon was trying to mantain controlled the other Digimon, because he doesn't want the last memory of Digidestined was the Digimon crazy and fighting.
    Like I said above, that doesn't quite seem to match what's happening. The kids can see them fighting the whole time. Koushiro and Tentomon talk to eachother even when Tentomon is in the digital space. The reboot seems to require them to be in digital world connected space.

And of course, that 'is' the kids last memories of them, because it literally happens right in front of them anyways. HerculesKabuterimon pushes them all in at the last second.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    You've been here long enough that you shouldn't need to be told not to double post.
    I'm sorry for that. I though the post was too long. I would be more careful.

It really doesn't seem to be. The goal of the Digimon seems to 'really' be to keep Meicrackmon in that space. If the reboot affects 'everything' then they can just grab the Digimon, stick them in any digital space Koushiro has protected, and let Meicoomon wander around until the reboot happens.
    If I'm not mistaken, when the reboot start (and Koushiro creates the cube), other Digimon were infected, so it wasn't an option to let Meicoomon wander.

I don't remember they try to keep Meicoomon in the digital space. They try to put Meicoomon (and the other infected Digimon) in the cube, since they don't know she will retain their memories.

Like I said above, that doesn't quite seem to match what's happening. The kids can see them fighting the whole time. Koushiro and Tentomon talk to eachother even when Tentomon is in the digital space. The reboot seems to require them to be in digital world connected space.

And of course, that 'is' the kids last memories of them, because it literally happens right in front of them anyways. HerculesKabuterimon pushes them all in at the last second.
    Koushiro mention that Tentomon should stay in the cube to protect his memories, while Tentomon doesn't want to let his friends. However, it's never mentioned the Digimon needs to be in the digital space.

HerculesKabuterimon said to the Digimon that he doesn't want the digidestined remember them fighting and causing destruction. That's why he mantain them in a last "hug".
    Last edited by Kon; 03-12-2018 at 11:12 PM.

If I'm not mistaken, when the reboot start (and Koushiro creates the cube), many of the Digimon were infected, so it wasn't an option to let Meicoomon wander.
    The Digimon 'were' infected, which is why HerculesKabuterimon needs to make sure they are in the space (generically the Digimon seem to believe they are all infected earlier in the film, especially since Patamon is infected.)

But once the countdown is about to end, there is no reason for Hercules to be shoving them back in, if it's happening it's happening. His concern seems to be to get everyone back in the space.

Koushiro mention that Koushiro should stay in the cube to protect his memories, while Tentomon doesn't want to let his friends. However, it's never mentioned the Digimon needs to be in the digital space.
    Tentomon leaves because he wouldn't want to survive without trying to save his friends.

I'm not saying they 'say' they need to be in the digital space for the reboot, but the characters actions suggest it's what they know and/or believe.

HerculesKabuterimon said to the Digimon that he doesn't want the digidestined remember them fighting. That's why he mantain them in a last "hug".
    That isn't what he says.

He comments about if it's ok for them to part ways like that (fighting, etc.), how everyone will be sad, and that they need to open their eyes. That gets through to everyone, except Meicrackmon (who HerculesKabuterimon is holding onto for dear life.) But they are still infected and it'll get worse (the same way Patamon broke the 'berserker' portion of the infection earlier.) They all hug, while he's still holding Meicrackmon, and he walks them all through before the reboot happens (and we see him pushing quite hard to force everyone through.)

The countdown ends and the digital space fades away.

If the reboot happens everywhere, he's already won. The digital space is meaningless. His goal at the end is shoving everyone into it.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital
    Many of the Digimon 'were' infected, which is why HerculesKabuterimon needs to make sure they are in the space (generically the Digimon seem to believe they are all infected earlier in the film, especially since Patamon is infected.)

But once the countdown is about to end, there is no reason for Hercules to be shoving them back in, if it's happening it's happening. His concern seems to be to get everyone back in the space.
    When Patamon tell the other digimon that he is infected, the Digimon discover that Koushiro's digital space can't protect them. However, we don't know if they discover they are infected.

In my opinion, HerculesKabuterimon pushing them in the digital space was a way to keep the other Digimon under control (and embraced). In that pressing situation, he could not know how long it would take for the count to end.

I guess it depends of interpretation, since nothing was explicitly said.

Many of the Digimon 'were' infected, which is why HerculesKabuterimon needs to make sure they are in the space (generically the Digimon seem to believe they are all infected earlier in the film, especially since Patamon is infected.)

When Patamon tell the other digimon that he is infected, the Digimon discover that Koushiro's digital space can't protect them. However, we don't know if they discover they are infected.

In my opinion, HerculesKabuterimon pushing them in the digital space was a way to keep the other Digimon under control (and embraced). In that pressing situation, he could not know how long it would take for the count to end.

I guess it depends of interpretation, since nothing was explicitly said.
    I'm not talking about Koushiro's digital space. I'm saying Koushiro could make his memory backup space, and put it wherever he wants for them.

Tentomon knows time is up. He says his goodbye before he evolves. He might not have a second by second count, but he knows. His primary goal at the end is 'just' holding onto Meicrackmon in the digital space until the reboot happens. The Digimon are all focusing on him, and his shell protects him, he could easily just stand there until it's over.

I'd say if we want to continue this, let's move it to the Discord chat so the thread can go back to tri. Part 6.

I'm going digital
    Something I've been thinking about is the new digivice redesign for new omnimon mode and the fact we see all the digivices glowing in the poster. We also see meikos digivice glowing in a similar manner to tais and matts in earlier trailer making me believe this new omnimon mode will be activated by powering omnimon by all 9 digidestined digivices with crests.

Which then gives the impression meiko might get a crest this movie we do see her digivice appearing to purify in the movie.

Also in last trailer we see magnadramon so it's clear gatomon will separate from meicoomon and if so brings the question why would they need a new omnimon form if that was the case. Might be possible for some reason even with gatomons split with meicoomon it might have maintained it's ordinemon form or possibly both meicoomon and gatomons are both separated but ordinemon still exists. The place we see kari talking to gatomon so does meicoomon and meiko.

I come from the net
    I can see that happening. Good idea. It does make a lot of sense.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbeemon View Post
    Also in last trailer we see magnadramon so it's clear gatomon will separate from meicoomon and if so brings the question why would they need a new omnimon form if that was the case. Might be possible for some reason even with gatomons split with meicoomon it might have maintained it's ordinemon form or possibly both meicoomon and gatomons are both separated but ordinemon still exists. The place we see kari talking to gatomon so does meicoomon and meiko.
    There are also other possible villains, a resurrected Apocalymon, Demiurge/Yggdrasil, or the mysterious man/dark gennai.
    And the new Omegamon is merciful. This may lead to a completely different kind of interaction between the chosen and the final villain.

To be fair, digimon names are usually only for design direction and sounding cool. They rarely have anything to do with how they act or what their role is in the story. We might see this "Merciful Mode" cut a guy in two. :P

I'm a Maniac
    I thought it was pretty clear that Meicrackmon needed to be in the digital space in order for the reboot to affect her.
    It is why the entire last arc of the film happens.
    Also I never interpreted the "digimon that died outside the digital world will be reborn" to mean that those deaths would be undone by the reboot. Instead, I thought it simply meant that since the digital world started all over, those mons would be born again. So, in the case of Wizardmon for example, my understanding is that while he will still be dead, with his spirit roaming the real world as he was killed there, the reboot would mean that a version of him that never left the digital world and never died in the real world would also exist now at the same time.
    edit: Similarly I don't see how/why Daemon being in the Dark Ocean would be affected. Unless they decide to specify the Dark Ocean is an aspect/part/extension of the Digital World and not its own separate world.
    Last edited by Grimmon; 03-22-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast