With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would your ideal Digimon game be and why?

What would your ideal Digimon game be and why?

Digimon started out a Tamgotchi targeted towards boys. Similar to Pokemon, Medabots and pretty much anything else marketed towards children, the anime and following products were made to advertise the minis.

If you were to make a Digimon game, what would the gameplay and plot be like? Would you add new Digimon? Would it be part of a certain continuity?

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Every Digimon would be accessible, and their Digivolution Requirements would be 'standardized' into specific categories - x amount of Virus Buster points required for Angemon -> MagnaAngemon or Angewomon or Shakkoumon, x amount of Dragon's Roar points required to evolve into Greymon or ExVeemon. In the case of split-species mons like Paildramon, the amount of required points would be split to both fields.

To minimize potential brokenness and OP-ness that this might cause, the stats would be standardized for each level, with the occasional exception such as Numemon and other weaksauce-by-design mons. How and how much the player raises the mon would be the primary cause of differentiation of the fighters, along with their attacks.

A series of equippable items based on the characters from the rest of the franchise would be available, serving to empower the species of their partners by x amount or x percent - in Kari's case, it would buff both Holydramon and Ophanimon, and a Davis and a Rina item for both the Veemon lines. Other equippable items would be the Dramon Destroyers (with the effect "+50% ATK against Dragon's Roar Digimon") and analogues for the other fields too, and items with the reverse effect of "+50% DEF against x kind".

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    i think my ideal Digimon game would be an MMORPG, with elements similair to Dragonball Xenoverse.
    so you can experience it as an MMO or a single player game.

you start of choosing your "class"
    -Digi-destined, has crest buffs of various kinds and is able to jogress.
    -Tamer, card slash attack buffs and is able to Bio Merge.
    -D.A.T.S., uses Digi Soul to punch enemies and is able to Mode change/burst.
    -General, able to Xros digivolve.
    -potential more.
    then you can edit your character however you like, with clthing option for different heroes through the game and stuff, being able to get different digivices, everything from the classic digital monster ver.1 to Darkness loaders ect.
    you also gotta choose your faction for pvp, light fang or night claw.
    after that you choose a rookie digimon, he is its own character, preset personally and replies depending on holy, insect, beast, dark, ect.
    you can digivolve into all kinds of different digimon but you can set a certain path on your skillbar, aside from unique moves they can also use moves depending on their physics, holy digimon with weapons can use royal slash and winged evil digimon can cast dark spears in the form of 01 Crusher.
    the different mons also have dedicated classes, like MarinAngemon being a healer/cleric.

depending on digivolution stage they also consume more or less from their stamina, so you always revert to your basic rookie like in the show, also makes adult and perfect level more useable, for example you could converse stamina in a dungeon and save it to mega evolve when doing the boss.
    it would have lots of teamplay in terms of instance dungeons that you can explore with strangers or some sort of in-game guild and pvp between the factions in style of Aion, with like important places to take over, i dunno etemons pyramid for example or yggdrasil.

the story itself would be something new, though xenoverse story might also be interesting for a digimon game, maybe Mirai picks you up to fix the different universes that have been altered by ZeedMilleniumon, or something.
    Last edited by MasterOfTartarus; 03-09-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Just continue the Story series and add more dudes. So my next would be to go from 341 dudes to have around 450-500 dudes. 500 would be a good number.

I'd wanna balance the game more though. No more infinite SP for enemies. Introduce a special defence stat.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Like Murr said, if the they kept in the same vein of the Story series, but kept adding Digimon and game modes, with a new story to play, that'd be cool. I'd also like the next Story game to take place primarily in the Digital World, and try to give exposure to some of the more under-exposed Mons and groups.

I'd like a Platinum Games developed fighting game, that incorporated Digivolutions into special attacks/moves, weapons and Devil Triggers. Any story would be fine as long as the combat was fun, but for example, a Dartanian Digimon training under the Musketeers and King Shoutmon to help protect the Digital World from rogue factions and darkness.

However, the World style games with Raising and City recruitment will always be my favourite style of Digimon game. I'd like one that combines the best aspects of all the previous entries (or what I consider the best aspects).

World
    Mystery and obscurity
    More unique recuitment methods
    Recolours are enemies and only OGs in the Digivolution trees
    City that gradually grows and expands
    Single Digimon to raise
    Fixed camera angles, and enemies that you have to weave around, rather than run in a straight line.
    Fishing system, and curling, more mini games in general

Re: Digitize
    Training mini-games
    Digi-memory cards for Fights
    Life extending Digivolution Items
    Being ale to save Digimon to the Colusseum
    Accessories
    Smaller Digimon and more modular environments...

-next 0rder-
    ... but with a few larger hubs here and there
    Tamer Point system with purchasable upgrades
    Ability to block paths (but only Digimon you've obtained)
    Adding stat requirements (but all in one go after you get them)
    Botamon hints
    Last edited by McGann; 03-09-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

I'd want something like a Final Fantasy-style Digimon game. Big world to explore, a good, long, intricate, and naturally progressing story, deep characters with a lot of interaction (including your digimon team!), lots of sidequests, different towns and areas, and turn-based rpg combat.

While I like the setting of World-style games (Re;Digitize and Next 0rder), the gameplay starts to drag after a bit, the world is just not very complex (Here's the town, aaaaaaaaaand that's it really, just make the town bigger. Everywhere else is just a map with enemies on it.), the story is too quick (the raising pads it out, which is easy to see when you rush between objectives and see the massive level spikes), and the raising system has too many kinks in it for me to really love it (It's only a bit difficult to start, but once you know what you're doing, it's just grinding in the gym or at certain enemies).

Story games (Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory) are much more what I like, but they have their flaws too. Namely the world feeling kinda small and bland (I've always been a sucker for the wacky environments of the digital world, and all we have here is a number of hallways to move down), the gameplay once again dragging after a while (All your attacks really do is damage. You only have to mess with stats when the AI starts spamming them, or they send out over-powered enemies. Status moves are useless most of the time.), and some digimon being kinda useless (or at least severely underpowered) because of bad stat choices/special moves.

And of course, neither type of game gives your digimon much, if any, characterization. I mean, I understand that it could cause a bit of awkwardness given that your digimon will be changing forms on a regular basis, and you can even have multiple digimon of the same species, but I think it'd be worth a shot having your digimon more invovled with the story at the level of actual charaters. I also wouldn't mind a bit of varied character customization, since some of the design choices they've been making don't agree with me.
    Last edited by Vaioumon; 03-10-2018 at 01:23 PM.

I come from the net
    For me, every new Digimon game NEEDS huge upgrade to make every single Digimon obtainable who haven't appeared for sooooo long time like Pukumon and Taskmon!

1#. All Digimon are obtainable if possible let it be 2D or 3D then we support it by buying tons and tons
    2#. Digimon version of Tokyo Jungle game
    3#. Creative methods of raising Digimon partner game in free imagination like DW1, Championship, Cyber Sleuth's Island raising style, Linkz, etc
    4#. Digimon version of Kemono Friend Pavilion? Why not? Enjoy their life animations of course!
    5#. Digimon game with... NO Chosen kids' partners involved! Only wild ones! As if it could happen...
    6#. Digimon fighting game resurrection time?
    7#. Digimon VRchat for many reasons....
    8#. Digimon Defense Wave or Defense Tower?

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    8#. Digimon Defense Wave or Defense Tower?
    i was toying around with that idea, though im not a programmer.
    but if anyone does im all up for delivering some ideas and art.

I come from the net
    Honestly I don't want Defense Tower/Wave version for Digimon on mobile phones....

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    For me, every new Digimon game NEEDS huge upgrade to make every single Digimon obtainable who haven't appeared for sooooo long time like Pukumon and Taskmon! 1#. All Digimon are obtainable if possible let it be 2D or 3D then we support it by buying tons and tons 2#. Digimon version of Tokyo Jungle game3#. Creative methods of raising Digimon partner game in free imagination like DW1, Championship, Cyber Sleuth's Island raising style, Linkz, etc4#. Digimon version of Kemono Friend Pavilion? Why not? Enjoy their life animations of course!5#. Digimon game with... NO Chosen kids' partners involved! Only wild ones! As if it could happen...6#. Digimon fighting game resurrection time? 7#. Digimon VRchat for many reasons....8#. Digimon Defense Wave or Defense Tower?
    Last I checked, there were 809 officially recognized Digimon. That could be tough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast