With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion about Agumon entering the new Smash Bros?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    and if Tai's Agumon gets in he'd just be stood at the side anyway. maybe we can have Mameo and his Mamemon instead. Then he's a parallel to Red. From the first game, and uses his redesign from the future game (FRLG and DWNO). Final Smash turns into Machinedramon
    Characters originating from non-videogame media (i.e. anime and manga) are out of the question, so Tai's chances are practically zero.

If a human character gets added at all, I'd rather they did something different and unique with them instead of being the same as Pokemon Trainer.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    With how much they like to use Omnimon, maybe he'd get in on his own instead lol

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Omnimon would definitely be distinct next to all the Pokemon. But then again he'd be another sword fighter xP

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarlite View Post
    Omnimon would definitely be distinct next to all the Pokemon. But then again he'd be another sword fighter xP
    Being a hybrid sword/gun fighter would set him apart from the others. Not that it would stop people moaning about 'animu swordfighters' but there we go

--

Thinking out loud here as much as I still highly doubt he's getting in, but I thought of a way more Digimon besides Agumon could get added; have other similar Digimon appear as alternate costumes, kind of like how the Koopalings are essentially alt costumes of Bowser Jr.

'Main' costume would be Agumon, and then Gabumon, Piyomon, BlackAgumon, Guilmon, Agumon Hakase, and a couple others as the alts. Agumon Hakase being paired up with Doctor Mario would be fun XD

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    [QUOTE=wildwing64;351423]
    Thinking out loud here as much as I still highly doubt he's getting in, but I thought of a way more Digimon besides Agumon could get added; have other similar Digimon appear as alternate costumes, kind of like how the Koopalings are essentially alt costumes of Bowser Jr.

'Main' costume would be Agumon, and then Gabumon, Piyomon, BlackAgumon, Guilmon, Agumon Hakase, and a couple others as the alts. Agumon Hakase being paired up with Doctor Mario would be fun XD
    The reason that worked for Bowser Junior was cause like almost all his attacks were based on his clown car, so literally anyone could be riding it and using those moves. Agumon on the other hand, is a fire breathing dragon who would definitely have that as part of his moveset, probably multiple moves, and I can't see Palmon breathing fire.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Being a hybrid sword/gun fighter would set him apart from the others. Not that it would stop people moaning about 'animu swordfighters' but there we go

--

More likely you'd see Agumon, SnowAgumon, BlackAgumon, Agumon 2006, Expert, Fake Expert, Bushi, Santa, Toy, BlackToy, ClearToy, Dot, X, Black 2006 and Snow 2006 and then each gets a WarGreymon.

Well, if you wanted to have it in Smash, you'd have to hook it into the mechanics. The idea that suggests itself to me is to have a single template of attacks -- fireball, claw swiping, etc. -- based on the Battle Spirit or Rumble Arena games and then have Agumon evolve to Greymon or MetalGreymon, who use the same template but with their own attacks inserted; to manage the evolution mechanic I would suggest using a "victory percentage" equivalent based on the rate of Agumon's KOs and TKOs (e.g. 1 KO is 100%, 1 KO and 1 TKO is 50%, 2 KOs and 1 TKO is 66+%, etc.).
    Merry Christmas to the forum! A blessed Christmas Day to you and a blessed Christmas season to follow.

Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here praying that if Agumon ever DID get into smash that they wouldn't have him saying his attack names. I think I'd go mad hearing "baby flame/pepper breath!" every time someone uses the B moves.
    ☾🍄Virus-Types are awesome!🍄☽
    ​Avatar drawn by me... yeeeears ago.
    My Digimon Line: Nyokimon > Tanemon > Floramon >Sunflowmon > Blossomon > Lotusmon

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceFox View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here praying that if Agumon ever DID get into smash that they wouldn't have him saying his attack names. I think I'd go mad hearing "baby flame/pepper breath!" every time someone uses the B moves.
    If he DOESN'T yell his attack names, it'd be pointless putting him into the game tbh, its the entire lynch pin of the franchise to the level that people complained they didnt do them in Tri part 1, and then they were brought back for part 2 and onwards

Hmm you're right there. I think a good balance would have him not say it EVERY time but have like that sound as well as some 'rah's or other noises. I really don't want people who aren't fans of digimon being like "dang this character is annoying."
    ☾🍄Virus-Types are awesome!🍄☽
    ​Avatar drawn by me... yeeeears ago.
    My Digimon Line: Nyokimon > Tanemon > Floramon >Sunflowmon > Blossomon > Lotusmon

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast