With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: What is your opinion about Agumon entering the new Smash Bros?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceFox View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here praying that if Agumon ever DID get into smash that they wouldn't have him saying his attack names. I think I'd go mad hearing "baby flame/pepper breath!" every time someone uses the B moves.
    If he DOESN'T yell his attack names, it'd be pointless putting him into the game tbh, its the entire lynch pin of the franchise to the level that people complained they didnt do them in Tri part 1, and then they were brought back for part 2 and onwards
    He doesn't yell his attack names in World, Links, Cyber Sleuth, and a number of other games, so...

I'm not opposed to him yelling the attack names per se as a handful of characters in Smash do exactly that. But I don't need a "PEPPER BREATH!" or "CLAW ATTACK!" or "CLAW UPPERCUT!" every time he does a special move. I turned the voices off in Rumble Arena 2 and ASR because they were, frankly, annoying.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceFox View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here praying that if Agumon ever DID get into smash that they wouldn't have him saying his attack names. I think I'd go mad hearing "baby flame/pepper breath!" every time someone uses the B moves.
    If he DOESN'T yell his attack names, it'd be pointless putting him into the game tbh, its the entire lynch pin of the franchise to the level that people complained they didnt do them in Tri part 1, and then they were brought back for part 2 and onwards
    He doesn't yell his attack names in World, Links, Cyber Sleuth, and a number of other games, so...

I'm not opposed to him yelling the attack names per se as a handful of characters in Smash do exactly that. But I don't need a "PEPPER BREATH!" or "CLAW ATTACK!" or "CLAW UPPERCUT!" every time he does a special move. I turned the voices off in Rumble Arena 2 and ASR because they were, frankly, annoying.
    Those aren't really "characters", more than just the collectables.

the actual characters nokia owns yell out their attacks, as does the guilmon line in next order belonging to kuota. the collectable ones we can get dont, but the actual characters do. if any mon shows up in any game as a character, they shuold yell the attack names. id hate it if i was playing and he just spits a fireball and doesnt yell pepper breath

altho, the sistermons actually do yell their attacks regardless of if theyre the chracters or your collectable speices. I loved it every single time my blanc yelled DIVINUE PIEURCU! and PROTEKTO WAIVUE!. digi attack yelling is <3

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Itís worth noting that the voiced Digimon in Cyber Sleuth (or in the anime, for that matter) donít call their attack names every time. Smash adopting the same policy would make it less annoying.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Itís worth noting that the voiced Digimon in Cyber Sleuth (or in the anime, for that matter) donít call their attack names every time. Smash adopting the same policy would make it less annoying.
    Yeah, it's fine to at least have, but on a constant or frequent basis it would get annoying quickly. Palutena doesn't say "Autoreticle" every single time she uses it, either.

Red shirt
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always wondered if the whole "Digimon being rivals to Pokemon" is a thing only here in America(?) or no...?

Ain't got no mojo...
    I think it's pretty cool if it did happen. But judging by all the comments, it seems to be highly unlikely to happen.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    this is what I would do:

I saw the idea a while back for a Digimon rep, and it's interesting instead of just one random Digimon. Now, I guess he'd probably just got by "Digimon Tamer", since Red, Ren Amamiya etc don't use their canon names due to being namable, so I guess he wouldn't actually be "Mameo", but whatez lol,

anyway the idea someone presented was to have Mameo, with his Digimon being Agumon, that has the ability to become Mamemon and Machinedramon, which are Mameo's canon Digimon line (although his rookie is either Agumon or Gabumon, but I figure Agumon is the better choice due to being more known). He starts World 1 with either Agumon/Gabumon, his parter is shown as Mamemon when it summons him back to stop Analogman after the final boss, and he has Mamemon itself in Next Order, as well as its Mega stage being confirmed as Machinedramon in Next Order when he summons his Mamemon's future self in the post game to fight alongside its current self, so he could have a 2v2 battle with the protag. This is actually a DLC boss, technically. Maybe he could shown for a second or two as a Champion stage whilst becoming Mamemon. The shared Champions in the World game would be Tyrannomon have to be Tyrannomon, as that's the only way you can do Agumon -> Champion -> Mamemon in a World game (that being Decode, World 1 and Next Order has Agumon and Mamemon share no Champion forms). This can also be done in the Cyber Sleuth games, so it's been a pretty common link. So yeah, let's consider the champion form here as Tyrannomon. technically doesn't matter tho, tyrannomon isn't considered the canon champion form of mameos partner digimon.

Also, I'm actually suggesting ZeedMillieniumon for his "final smash", which whilst Mameo doesn't have it, it would represent the Wonderswan part of the franchise, whilst Machinedramon represents the World franchise. And Machinedramon can turn into Zeed.

They would have a "digivolve" mechanic which takes the place of their fourth attack, and can be activated after you kill someone. If you get killed, you revert to the previous stage like in Rumble Arena 2.

What about WarGreymon? that's the anime. Smash focuses on games. this would also lead to games songs. no butterfly etc, theyre from the anime. sure a few games have used them, but that's not where they debuted.

So first up, Mameo just takes the same role as Pokemon Trainer. Now, I know that would just be "copying", but that's basically the only way he can work. He's a regular human, and does not fight himself. So he'd just chill with Red on the Green Hill Zone loop lol.

now that's done,

Stage: File City (Primary Village). Jijimon watches the fight with some Baby Digimon cheering with him. maybe you can attack the baby digimon, but if you do, jijimon punches you :L

Each character in smash seems to have four attacks from what I can see, but the Pokemon Trainer has three technically so:

Agumon attacks:

Pepper Breath (Baby Flame): generic fire ball attack. This is Agumon's classic attacking, appearing in pretty much every game he's ever been in (and probably ''every'' game). Charging it will give Spit Fire Blast (Baby Burner), which is the more powerful version of Pepper Breath.

Mach Jab: this debuted as a generic attack in Digimon World, and was given to Agumon as an attack in the fighting games he's already playable in. Punches... at mach speed. Note that this was referred to as Sonic Jab in the dub of World 1, but reverted to Mach Jab for All-Star Rumble and Next Order (where it's generic again, as well as Reigitize). Using it multiple times results in Claw Attack (Sharp Claws), which actually debuts in the card game, rather than a video game, but so does Pikachu's Thunder Jolt. This would just be Agumon yelling Claw Attack and is basically the same thing, Rumble Arena just has it as a multi-hit attack. Also, since you can do generic punches already, this is a specifically powerful punching attack, and can prob come with some sort of status effect to differentiate from a generic one.

Battle Hawk: Pulls out the Battle Hawk sword, and can use it in battle. This would represent World 4/X.

Digivolve: becomes Mamemon.

Mamemon:

Smiley Bomb: throws bombs. This is Mamemon's attack, and is pretty much always with him.

Megaton Punch: generic attack from World 1, and has popped up a bunch of times for other Digimon as part of their move set. Technically Mamemon has only ever had it in the World games as a learn able generic move, but it's all good. comboing it results in "One-Two-Rush", but that's just for him yelling it and is technically just multiple Megaton Punches. This is mostly so it can be recycled for Machinedramon.

Buster Dive: also a generic move from World games, however Mamemon was actually given it as an exclusive attack in Championship. he would leap into the air, and ram himself into the enemy, causing an explosion. if already mid air, you just dive down. pretty much like sonic's homing attack.

Digivolve: become Machinedramon

Megaton punch: Recycled from Mamemon. Analogman's uses it as part of the story, so this is a reference here for him having it, as well as it being one of MetalGreymon Virus' attacks, as it has it in one of the cards from the card game, which is part of Machinedramon. Unlike Mamemon, this can be used as a ranged attack, which when done is referred to as Booster Claw, where it fires its claw from range to punch the enemy. machinedramon uses this as a generic unnamed attack in games, usually, but is a big part of the mon, this also being from the metalgreymon part, as both share the attack.

Infinity Cannon: the dubbed anime referred to it as Giga Cannon, however this is the games, where it tend to retain it original japanese name. this is simple, as its main attack, firing beams from its cannons.

That tail attack: This is from the anime, but I think it's a good attack to include, and Pokemon gets Ash-Greninja from the anime, so I'm sure one attack is fine. HiMachinedramon uses it in Fusion, whilst Machinedramon uses it himself in Tri. Its tail expands and whacks shit with it. Smash would name it, because it's about time something did lol.

Now for the final attack... "digivolve" doesn't work since that's Mega -> rookie, so instead:

Catastrophe Day: Blows itself up, causing itself to drop to the lowest possible %. Anything caught in it takes shit tonnes of damage. Machinedramon then reverts back to Agumon. this is probably cheap AF and is prob a bad idea, so someone can suggest something else for this slot, since I think Machinedramon's last attack should be similar to the other two in which is changes form.

Final Smash ZeedMillieniumon: no matter which stage he's in, it digivolves/warps to Zeed, unleashing Time Destroyer. It fires off a shit tonne of energy or w.e, as an AOE attack. Reverts back to whichever form it was at the time.

the alt colours would be the various Agumons, so Black, Snow, 2006 etc, and Mamemon and Machinedramon would follow suit with the colour swap (so a black version of mamemon for blackagumon etc). I guess maybe Mamemon could have one as MetalMamemon, whilst Machinedramon could have one as Chaosdramon, since theyre not that different to each other. Catchmamemon is too different, wilst bigmamemon is... well, big. guess we could have a mini version of bigmamemon but that's kinda redundant. Nothing would change here though, they'd all be identical gameplay wise.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910