With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: What is your opinion about Agumon entering the new Smash Bros?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceFox View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here praying that if Agumon ever DID get into smash that they wouldn't have him saying his attack names. I think I'd go mad hearing "baby flame/pepper breath!" every time someone uses the B moves.
    If he DOESN'T yell his attack names, it'd be pointless putting him into the game tbh, its the entire lynch pin of the franchise to the level that people complained they didnt do them in Tri part 1, and then they were brought back for part 2 and onwards
    He doesn't yell his attack names in World, Links, Cyber Sleuth, and a number of other games, so...

I'm not opposed to him yelling the attack names per se as a handful of characters in Smash do exactly that. But I don't need a "PEPPER BREATH!" or "CLAW ATTACK!" or "CLAW UPPERCUT!" every time he does a special move. I turned the voices off in Rumble Arena 2 and ASR because they were, frankly, annoying.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceFox View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here praying that if Agumon ever DID get into smash that they wouldn't have him saying his attack names. I think I'd go mad hearing "baby flame/pepper breath!" every time someone uses the B moves.
    If he DOESN'T yell his attack names, it'd be pointless putting him into the game tbh, its the entire lynch pin of the franchise to the level that people complained they didnt do them in Tri part 1, and then they were brought back for part 2 and onwards
    He doesn't yell his attack names in World, Links, Cyber Sleuth, and a number of other games, so...

I'm not opposed to him yelling the attack names per se as a handful of characters in Smash do exactly that. But I don't need a "PEPPER BREATH!" or "CLAW ATTACK!" or "CLAW UPPERCUT!" every time he does a special move. I turned the voices off in Rumble Arena 2 and ASR because they were, frankly, annoying.
    Those aren't really "characters", more than just the collectables.

the actual characters nokia owns yell out their attacks, as does the guilmon line in next order belonging to kuota. the collectable ones we can get dont, but the actual characters do. if any mon shows up in any game as a character, they shuold yell the attack names. id hate it if i was playing and he just spits a fireball and doesnt yell pepper breath

altho, the sistermons actually do yell their attacks regardless of if theyre the chracters or your collectable speices. I loved it every single time my blanc yelled DIVINUE PIEURCU! and PROTEKTO WAIVUE!. digi attack yelling is <3

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Itís worth noting that the voiced Digimon in Cyber Sleuth (or in the anime, for that matter) donít call their attack names every time. Smash adopting the same policy would make it less annoying.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Itís worth noting that the voiced Digimon in Cyber Sleuth (or in the anime, for that matter) donít call their attack names every time. Smash adopting the same policy would make it less annoying.
    Yeah, it's fine to at least have, but on a constant or frequent basis it would get annoying quickly. Palutena doesn't say "Autoreticle" every single time she uses it, either.

Red shirt
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always wondered if the whole "Digimon being rivals to Pokemon" is a thing only here in America(?) or no...?

Ain't got no mojo...
    I think it's pretty cool if it did happen. But judging by all the comments, it seems to be highly unlikely to happen.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910