With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion about Agumon entering the new Smash Bros?

What is your opinion about Agumon entering the new Smash Bros?

I have seen many people on Twitter commenting on this, many posts, comments and shares!
    But I wanted to know what you think about it!
    And if you think it's cool, how do you think we can help this idea come true?
    -
    -

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    no thanks, it just gonna lead to an outcry from poketards.
    better put him in playstation all statrs if they ever do a new one.

I mean, why not? There are a few Nintendo console games featuring Agumon. And Pokemon fan's opinion doesn't matter, I mean the series doesn't have any real rivarly in Japan from what I know (especially considering how Digimon is aimed at adults now. Different target audience). And while Pokemon is closely tied to Nintendo, it's not *by* them, so they're as much guests as anything else is.
    If Bayonetta made it so can Digimon, though by this logic I guess it would be more likely if they included Yokai Watch, since it's more popular and had majority of it's games on Nintendo consoles. At least was, not sure how big YW is now.

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    If Bandai Namco I can see it happening, especially with the popularity of their recent releases(Next 0rder and Cyber Sleuth).

Do you guys think that the rivalry can help it?
    Just like Sonic to Mario etc

Unlikely, yes.
    Is it impossible, no.

But the fact is...
    Bandai-Namco has far more prominent game related characters that make more sense to include.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Much as I'd love to see him in new Smash, I don't realistically see it happening.

Maybe it would be more likely if Digimon had a presence on Nintendo systems.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarlite View Post
    If Bandai Namco I can see it happening, especially with the popularity of their recent releases(Next 0rder and Cyber Sleuth).
    Those are PlayStation releases though so no little to no bearing on Nintendo.

I dont see it happening whilst it's a PS only series.

Just like Final Fantasy?
    Or Metal Gear Solid?
    And you guys think that the rivalry help it?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Graizen View Post
    Just like Final Fantasy?
    Or Metal Gear Solid?
    And you guys think that the rivalry help it?
    Final Fantasy and Metal Gear both started out on Nintendo consoles before Nintendo scared off their third party developers in the N64 era.

Digimon's had a bunch of handheld Nintendo releases, sure. But most of them were only released in Japan and America and we never saw them here in Europe. As far as home consoles go the only Nintendo releases were World 4 and Rumble Arena 2 on the GameCube. And again, World 4's GameCube port wasn't released in Europe.

It would be cool if they could play up the rivalry in a way that patches things up, as they have with Mario and Sonic. But Pokemon has such a large presence in Smash even outside of the playable roster, so I'm not sure if that would exactly help anything.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast