With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Adventure Premiered 19 Years Ago!

Digimon Adventure Premiered 19 Years Ago!

It's been 19 years!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

March 7th, 1999 is when Digimon Adventure premiered in Japan!

Adventure wasn't the beginning of Digimon, but it's when the franchise become something bigger, and Adventure certainly continues to inform the franchise's entire history once it came out (to the point that we are in the midst of the 2nd sequel series of it.)

And of course, not to be outdone, March 6th is when the original movie premiered to help lead up to the series!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

But then early March is pretty big for Adventure in general...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

On March 4th, 2000, you had Bokura no War Game!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

On Mach 3rd, 2001, you have Diablomon Strikes Back.

And of course, other Digimon stuff has come out around early March when Adventure premiered, including but not limited to Digimon Tamers: The Runaway Digimon Express (March 2nd, 2002) and Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Red and Blue (March 3rd, 2011.)

To celebrate Bandai tweeted out something a bit interesting and fun.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

When they were first making the 15th Anniversary Digimon Adventure Digivice they did mockups/prototypes of each chosen child's color. Later they also did one for Meiko. They don't specify when they did the prototype of Meiko's, but a potential guess would be around when they were designing the revised 15th Digivice last year (which included Meicoomon.)

They also clarify there are no plans to do more colors than what has already been released, they just wanted to share these on the 19th Anniversary of Adventure.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Wow! Saw the image of all the digivices online today but thought that they were fan made. I wonder how sales would have been if they were all available at the time. Not even sure which one I'd pick.

Still, thanks for sparing my wallet, Bandai!

Inb4 Digimon Adventure Quatro announced for the show's 20th anniversary next year.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Yaaay for Digimon Adventure!! I'd have loved that the other prototypes were released at some point...I'd have adquired all of them for my personal collection, even Meiko's!!

The first Saturday in March shall now be called Digimon Adventure Saturday!
    My new and improved Digimon index!
    https://airtable.com/shr2CxL7m74ltmu...NVr6raDlOIMJae
    If you take a look, let me know what you think!

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Time goes by too fast. This is actually making me nostalgic in the bittersweet, homesick and sad kind of way. Seeing anniversaries just makes it feel too real for some reason. Time was so slow when I was 9 and Adventure started airing here.

I come from the net
    Wow... Can't believe that. Adventure sure loves March huh. heh heh But those Digivices sure are cool.

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    Wow, I feel old. Can't believe I was two when Adventure first started airing, and now I'm almost twenty-two! I'd have loved to own Meiko's Digivice, had they actually made it for the 15th anniversary, if not for the outrageous price tag already on the Taichi and Yamato versions.