With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated Digivolving Spirits Alphamon Pre-Order Details and Images!

Updated Digivolving Spirits Alphamon Pre-Order Details and Images!

Just a few days until it's time to pre-order another Digivolving Spirits figure!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's been a long time since we first saw this figure (9 months ago, the day Digivolving Spirits was formally announced.)

Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon from Digimon X-Evolution will be up for pre-order on March 1st for 9,180 yen and will be released in July 2018.

The transformation on this one looks a bit complicated...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They put a lot of work into this one so that when the figure transforms, you really get the emphasis of them having differently colored bodies. There are lots of fine details on both characters that help both feel distinct.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Like prior Digivolving Spirits figures, they tried to do interesting things with the materials and textures for when you hold it in your hand. Die-cast metal has been used since the first figure, and they include it in a number of places here: head parts, chest parts, the rings on his arms, knee parts, some joints, etc. They also decided to have the main portion of Alphamon's body be a matte black, which they believe adds an interesting and quality finish to the mold and figure.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Alphamon didn't show up in the prior evolving figures line, and they clearly went to extra effort here to have the wildly different forms fit into the same transforming figure. It appears their primary goal for each character was: Emphasize Dorumon's cuteness, and make Alphamon look as good in silhouette as a normal action figure (they mention Figuarts as a something they aimed for.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They wanted to finish by pointing out a few unique elements of this figure. If you look at the photos of Alphamon, you might notice in some images his hand is open. They included replacement hands so that you can pose Alphamon doing one of his signature moves, "Digitalize of Soul." In addition they include a piece that can act as a stand/pedestal for Dorumon.

They also preview the packaging by saying it will have new artwork by Kenji Watanabe, and it will also have gold foil.

They finish with one last preview...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Both the first and most recent figures from Digivolving Spirits!

And if you want to order or pre-order other Digivolving Spirits...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links): Out February 28th in the US
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate link): Out March 24th in Japan
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA

We recently got better photos of Digivolving Spirits Dukemon on display.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Huh, where's Ouryumon? It sure didn't look like a figure that could be on itsown...

That looks even better than I imagined it would. I havenít bought a transforming figure since the early 2000s, but I might have to get this one.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Honestly all these shellformers are making me kind of wish that the digimon actually worked that way, and the little furry gremlins became the capes / mantles / hats / whatever of the badass knights into which they evolve.

I think they been talking a lot about the X evolution movie lately. I still wonder if they going to do something with the movie, like re-master it, which also include westernize the movie.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

I'm a Maniac
    Well... I think it's now officially time to start worrying that Ouryumon is some kind of obnoxious exclusive, if not cut all together.

Quote Originally Posted by King in Pink View Post
    Well... I think it's now officially time to start worrying that Ouryumon is some kind of obnoxious exclusive, if not cut all together.
    It's worth mentioning we saw a borderline finished prototype of Alphamon 9 months ago (not necessarily able to transform, but the Alphamon design itself is pretty close to what's going up for pre-order in a few days.)

3 months ago we saw what appeared to be a handmade prototype of Ouryumon.

It could be done separately as a cheaper figure. It could be a Premium Bandai deluxe Alphamon announced in the next few days when the normal one goes up (or a Premium Bandai exclusive on it's own.) It could be for a second release of Alphamon later in the year, etc.

They showed us that preview of Ouryumon 'far' earlier than any other figure we've seen at an event. At the same event they showed photos of AtlurKabuterimon at the same stage of production while a Tentomon prototype was on display.

I would tend to not believe a figure has been cut when there's basically a half dozen other figures we haven't seen since the same event, and even though him coming out at the same time as Alphamon would be an obvious choice, they never said that was the plan as far as I'm aware.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    This looks so good but I think I'm only going to buy the Chosen Children's Digimon because theres just too much Digimon merch this year and I can't keep up with it/afford it all lol. I still have the old figuarts too.

I'm hoping his chest plate is more secure than the Figuarts one, that was my biggest complaint. But everything else looks pretty great; complicated, for sure, but interesting.

The extra hand bit is a nice touch, even if it gets away from the whole "all-in-one" aspect. I'm curious to see if they include another hand that would hold the Ouryuken, or if that would come with Ouryumon... although without seeing him, I'm not sure how comfortable I feel ordering this one?

I can't wait to get a preorder in for my wife XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast