With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tri. Part 6 ED is Butter-Fly -tri. Version- Sung by... Everybody, Pre-Orders Open

tri. Part 6 ED is Butter-Fly -tri. Version- Sung by... Everybody, Pre-Orders Open

We got early details a week ago about the tri. Part 6 ED, but important bits, like the title and singer were missing...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Well now we know... the ED for Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 will be Butter-Fly -tri. Version-, and it will be sung by... everyone.

All 9 Chosen Children actors: Natsuki Hanae, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Suzuko Mimori, Mutsumi Tamura, Hitomi Yoshida, Junya Ikeda, Junya Enoki, MAO, and Miho Arakawa.

All 9 Digimon actors, credited under the old Digimon group VA name the Digimon Shinkers: Chika Sakamoto, Mayumi Yamaguchi, Atori Shigematsu, Takahiro Sakurai, Kinoko Yamada, Junko Takeuchi, Miwa Matsumoto, Yuka Tokumitsu, and Yukiko Morishita.

Ayumi Miyazaki

AiM

And Wada Kouji. It appears they will be using Wada Kouji's vocal track from the original release of Butter-Fly -tri. Version- for his part.

In addition to the song itself, the Digimon will also have dialogue during the song (a tradition going back to Digimon Adventure.)

No cover image(s) yet, but hopefully we get those soon.

The CD will be released on May 2nd and there will be 2 versions:
    A normal edition for 741 yen.
    A first print limited edition for 1,481 yen. The limited edition will include a paper jacket and a mini pin-up poster of the art from the jacket.

Pre-Orders are available at CDJapan (affiliate links.)
    tri. Part 6 ED CD (Normal)
    tri. Part 6 ED CD (First Print Limited Edition)

Prior thread with news about the ED is here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Sweet. I can't wait to see what inspiring words Agumon has to add to the song.

Here is something worth noting about Butter-fly as the ending theme (I'll double check in case I'm wrong):

For Japanese fans, I think this marks the first time since Part 3's Confession that Butter-fly will be played again in Tri.

Parts 4 and 5 did not have Butter-fly as the opening (the films were...of a rather different tone than 1-3) so you'll probably notice a lot of Japanese fans replying with tweets expressing thanks on Twitter about this news.

Compare that for most who have solely followed the Crunchyroll streams--we're just too used to seeing the international OP video that we never had a moment where it wasn't playing. Just thought it'd be an interesting fact for those not following the Japanese version (discs or iTunes rental).

EDIT: I stand corrected! Looks like the use of the OP in Part 4 didn't leave enough of an impression on me like Part 3's delayed used did!
    Last edited by Shinraisei; 02-25-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinraisei View Post
    Here is something worth noting about Butter-fly as the ending theme (I'll double check in case I'm wrong):

For Japanese fans, I think this marks the first time since Part 3's Confession that Butter-fly will be played again in Tri.
    Butter-fly was played in Chapter 4: Loss, in the scene with WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.

Banned
    Add C-MC on Facebook Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel Add C-MC on Google+
    Damn I was hoping for Re-Fly.... Great another unoriginality *sigh*

Wow. I called it. Glad to have one last thing i got right.

Still want maki and daigo though.

Digimon Adventure tri. part 6, Our Future!
    Coming out May 5th, Children's Day!
    [Art by http://dejitarugeeto02.tumblr.com/]

Quote Originally Posted by C-MC View Post
    Re-fly is a good track but butterfly is a better choice as it has a special connection to the show. Also if all you do is complain about Tri why do you watch it?

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    This is not a tri bashing thread - back on topic.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by C-MC View Post
    While Re-Fly does feel like a spiritual "sequel" to Butter-fly (for lack of better term), it was never made specifically for Digimon. That and they probably wouldn't achieve much in re-releasing a three year old song to sell as a single for Tri.

A part of me was a little disappointed at first, maybe more unsurprised. But the more I think about it the more it makes sense to use another version of Butter-fly as the final ending theme. Adventure did it, 02 did it, so Tri absolutely should too. This could very well be the final installment of Adventure, period, so why not use its most iconic song as the ending theme?

Ain't got no mojo... dramaqueen's Avatar
    AMAZING! *-* I was hoping for something like Bokura no Digital World and we'll have Butterfly with everybody <3 OMG I loved it so much!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast