With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Appmon Ranks 12th Place in Final Fan Vote for Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2018

Appmon Ranks 12th Place in Final Fan Vote for Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2018

Time for another Tokyo Anime Award Festival Update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2018 takes place March 9 thru 12 this year.

The event is an international film festival for animation held annual by the Association of Japanese Animation with a number of categories, some voted on by fans, others by a committee of professionals.

The fan voting category for Television Anime of the Year has been of extreme interest to Digimon fans since the preliminaries began last year.

Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters ended up ranking 8th in the preliminary fan vote in the TV category in fact.

The final voting has now closed and they've announced rankings. Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters ended up 12th place with 10,059 votes from fans.

It's not a bad showing for Appmon, which hopefully will have a great 2018 as it is able to make it's way to more and more countries.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Indeed! It really is the best top 12, with GIntama in 13th place. It really makes me happy to see appmon rank so high. I hope this means more appmon to come in the future. <3

Digimon Adventure tri. part 6, Our Future!
    Coming out May 5th, Children's Day!
    [Art by http://dejitarugeeto02.tumblr.com/]

how bittersweet 12th is. Bitter bc we had top 10... but it's the best 12th place ever

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Well I did my best in order tu support AppliMonsters via the different social media, so I'm really glad with the final result!! Appmon deserves this and better

I come from the net
    12? Huh. That's nice. Good enough. Guess we beat that one Appmon before he "cheated" the numbers. heh heh

The top ten weren't a huge shocker.

But Appmon making it all the way to 12th was a treat. Hopefully this will get more people interested after hearing it did so well~

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Huh. Well, I wasn’t much of a fan until the last quarter of the show, but it did the most important thing any show can do in a franchise: give that franchise an extended lease on life. Well done, Haru.

Ain't got no mojo... CrimsonMarvel's Avatar
    Add CrimsonMarvel on DeviantArt
    Wasn't really into Appmon (mainly the designs & 3D CG), but happy so many people enjoyed it and that any Digimon related content is getting this much attention.
    I got none of the mojo's

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    Didn't really see all that many episodes of Appmon, but happy to see make it to the 12th rank. Hopefully, this means it's gonna get dubbed in more and more countries (looking at you, India). Seems like 2018 is gonna be another great year for the franchise