With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ReArise Updates- Key Art, OP Info, Character Profiles, New Digimon's Name

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Thinking about the etymology of Erismon, it may probably come after 'Erizo' the Spanish word for 'Hedgehog'; however, after searching a little but further, there's also the Catalan word for this animal which is 'Eriçó' pronounced /Erisó/ (I speak Catalan), which would probably fit even better than in Spanish...however I highly doubt that the Japanese staff behind the game will acknowledge a relatively minor European language like Catalan...who knows. Worth mentioning too in favour of the Spanish etymology over the Catalan one, that we already have some other DRB official romanizations like Rasielmon which comes from the Archangel Raziel though. Anyways, Wikimon already claims that it may come from 'Erinaceus europaeus', the scientific name for the European hedgehog, but I cannot see that much the connection to be honest.

Ain't got no mojo... rsccooperinc's Avatar
    Add rsccooperinc on DeviantArt
    I'm excited to learn more about the two male characters. Keito reminds me of Kosei Arima and I'm interested to see how Elecmon and Dorumon will turn out as protagonist partners.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Gomamon and Goblimon have new competition for who has the best orange moehawk, lol. I love how it looks like it could evolve into a ton of classic adults, and fits well with classic child digimon. I hope we don't have to wait too long for it to show up outside of Japan, it loiks like it might be fun. I love the character design too, I think I like it the most out of any recent Digimon media actually.
    Last edited by flintlock; 02-21-2018 at 08:22 AM.

I come from the net
    I will always miss Kudamon's original design even though it did appeared in Crusader cards.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    I will always miss Kudamon's original design even though it did appeared in Crusader cards.
    Same here, along side Falcomon’s

I come from the net
    Ha ha ha. This little thing is awesome. Cute and I hope it gets a good line.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Ha ha ha. This little thing is awesome. Cute and I hope it gets a good line.
    I'm thinking/hoping we might see Sleipmon X Antibody as its last form.

I wonder if the guy with Elecmon will evolvd him to Aegiomon, both are musicians.

Erismon looks way better than my fan Digimon Hedgeborumon, who was also a hedgehog-based Digimon.

It won't just evolve into togemogumon?

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Oh man, an actual opening theme single for a phone game? See I knew I wasn’t out of my mind: they’re putting a lot more effort into this than they have into past phone games for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Thinking about the etymology of Erismon, it may probably come after 'Erizo' the Spanish word for 'Hedgehog'; however, after searching a little but further, there's also the Catalan word for this animal which is 'Eriçó' pronounced /Erisó/ (I speak Catalan), which would probably fit even better than in Spanish[.]
    According to Wiktionary, the z in erizo is pronounced [s] anyway … except in Castilian, wherein it’s pronounced [θ], which the Japanese would render with /s/ anyway. That’s far too close to be a coincidence: erizo is almost certainly the root of this name. The Japanese is エリス ([erisu]), though, not エリソ ([eriso]), so it seems they’re deliberately omitting the vowel, perhaps for the very purpose of evoking the name of the Greek deity. Therefore, I suggest Erizmon, pronounced the same way Erismon would be.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiGrader View Post
    It won't just evolve into togemogumon?
    That would be great, I love that design. Then they could give it a new perfect and then use the last hedgehog digimon for its ultimate: Blastmon-sama, blalalalalahhh​!
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 02-21-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast