With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fan Pitches

I come from the net
    That could be an interesting idea. ...Or maybe like the possible 02 version of Tri like a lot of us keep thinking will happen.

Ain't got no mojo... CrimsonMarvel's Avatar
    Add CrimsonMarvel on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by digivicemon View Post
    How about the spin-off movie based on Digimon WonderSwan Series with Ryo Akiyama as the main charas. The fast Storyline that might be similar to Pokemon Red and Blue story, but with all of those Season 1 - 3 Digimon Characters.

Considiring it worked out great for pokemon so I think it would work out for digimon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird C View Post
    Just had a small idea that I was kicking around:

02 AU/Sequel -- Oikawa Yukio recruits Daisuke, Iori, and company (Takeru and Hikari optional) in order to defend the Digital World he cares from external threats; he utilizes them as a task force designed to eliminate encroaching threats from other dimensions, because he intends to be more proactive than Homeostasis, whose plans don't take effect until the Digiworld is actively in the middle of a crisis. (Focuses on: (1) utillizing sheer versatility of armors, and (2) exploring dimensions outside the Digital World like the Internet, Dark Ocean, Dream World, Wendimon's dimension, Nacchan's dimension, etc.).

Idea sounds cool, I actually just listened to the drama idea with nacchan because of your idea haha.
    I got none of the mojo's

I would like it if they did a Tri version of all seasons...I can dream, right? XD Frontier would have potential for this since only a very small amount of the series took place in the real world. There's room for lots of stuff. But of course I'm super biased

I come from the net
    It'd be crazy but at most we may just get Tri. Maybe we can get an 02 sequel like that and Tamers might warrant it but that could be as far as we can get.

It is the year 2125, and it is the end of the world as we know it. Between deforestation, overpopulation, nuclear warfare, and rampant pollution, in the year 2083 it was discovered that humanity had only fifty years to find a way for them to survive the oncoming disaster. Instead of devoting time, money, and resources to that, the governments of the world made the decision to squabble over what the next step would be. Ultimately, it was decided to hide the truth from the public.

In the year 2100, the virtual reality system known as cyberspace: EDEN was introduced to the public as a means to distract the people of the world from their deteriorating living spaces. EDEN is massively successful, and is quickly integrated into society in only a matter of months. By the time 2110 comes around, EDEN is commonplace around the world, with it being stranger when someone does not have access to the system as opposed to when they do.

In the year 2115, the world is once approaching World War. With the vast majority of peoples too engrossed in their now nearly entirely-cyber based lifestyles, many people go without realizing that such a war is on the horizon and that the Earth's resources are dwindling far quicker than could be considered even remotely ideal. Time is running out, though it is doing so quickly, with the world's end seemingly being more of a whimper than of a bang. A group of rogue scientists with the best intentions for the future of humanity begins searching for a fail-safe, using EDEN as their basis.

Though it takes five years, the united nations eventually realizes that the planet is dying, and at the rate that they are going will not survive much longer. Seeing this, the scientists present to them their project: the ODYSSEY program. The ultimate goal being to relocate humanity on the event that the war climaxes in causing their world to become inhospitable. To do this, in the year 2121, they begin work on accessing a space beyond even EDEN itself.

A space that they call the Digital World.

The scientists theorize that the Digital World has been there all along, lurking behind dimensional barriers that they still do not understand. It is with surprising ease and the help of a mysterious individual known only by the moniker 7D6 that the Odyssey project is able to access the Digital World, and in 2122 the first test subjects are sent into the Digital World with objects known as D-Terminals to keep in contact with the scientists. They are never heard from again, and any attempt to reach them is left with one message in response: DON'T INTERFERE.

The project is nearly shelved, and the majority of the original scientists leave the project, but when red flags are raised in the year 2123, humanity's survival becomes the number one priority.. With the advent of time and with the world worsening still at a rapid pace, and infighting within the United Nations is put to rest, and as many resources as possible are plunged into the ODYSSEY program. In the year 2125, the project's first wave is launched when approximately one hundred youths aged ten to twenty-eight are sent to the Digital World, armed with D-Terminals, but without knowledge of what waits for them or a way to come home.

What they are met with is a world filled with overgrown buildings, expansive greenery, an overall hostile environment, and creatures that call themselves Digimon. Some among their ranks are gifted with the ability to bond with the creatures through the discovery of something that they come to call the Digivice, objects which bond to the individual and have the appearance of a glove. Others, however, are not chosen to bond with a digimon, and are instead left to fend for themselves in this harsh and unwelcoming environment. With no way to contact home, or to get there, they must make this place their home for the foreseeable future. Are they all that's left of mankind?

A more mature, dystopian take on the Digimon concept based on things like The 100, Odyssey would feature mechanics that echo Adventure and Savers in that there is a basic evolution system, driven by the emotional connection between Tamer and Partner. Partners would be either entirely new, or revisions on old digimon like Agumon (Savers). The main cast is initially five characters from across the globe as opposed to all of the kids being from Japan:

River Addams, aged 17, from the US. Once an aspiring musician, River was inserted into the program because of his late father's ties to the military. Compassionate, fiery, and emotional River is as close as we get to a gogglehead, but he's still kind of... well, not. His partner is a holy beast that veers into angel territory, ala Patamon and Tailmon.

Aolani Parata, aged 16, from New Zealand. A genius who was initially not actually a part of the individuals chosen to travel to the Digital World, Aolani's grandmother was the head scientist on the Digital World project, Aolani ended up accidentally stealing someone's spot in the digital world. Her partner is a canine of some kind, ala classic Garurumon.

Satoru Kawaguchi, aged 19, from Japan. He's the oldest of the group - the strong, silent, stoic type. Though he comes from rags he is actually a wonderful engineer, able to build something from scraps. He is fiercely protective of the other members of the community, though he has a problem expressing himself. Perhaps ironically his partner is a plant type Digimon.

Amara Thomasson, aged 18, from England. She is the daughter of a member of the British Parliament, and was chosen to be in the first wave of youths sent to the digital world as part of an attempt at establishing leadership, though the stress might be just a bit too much for her. Her partner is a dragon, representative of the idea that she was at least meant to be the leader.

Kai Tamashiro, aged 16, from Japan. Athletically inclined ever since he was younger, Kou is a swimmer; he's spent almost all of his life not on EDEN in the water, and was a pretty serious olympic contender. He is cocky, stubborn, and rash, but he makes up for it with a lot of heart. His digimon is the Gomamon of the group, aquatic in nature.

Later they'll be joined by three of the original test subjects: Theodosia Spiros (23), a young lady from Greece whose partner is a redesigned Piyomon, Kasumi Aikawa (25), a Japanese woman whose partner is an insect derivative of Tentomon, and Felix Beaumont, a young man from France whose partner is a Liollmon (25).

Ideally it would be around 50 episodes, with 5 twelve episode arcs.
    Arc 1 is getting to and building a community in the digital world. Push back from the Digimon natives, etc.
    Arc 2 is a civil war within the group that is only quelled by the appearance of the test subjects.
    Arc 3 shows one of the test subjects trying to go all Digimon Emperor, and most of their friends abandoning them.
    Arc 4 deals with the sudden and unexpected arrival of more humans, since they're out of time.
    Arc 5 is the resolution, dealing with the sudden big bad (who, despite any hints in the plot, is NOT Yggdrasil), and ends open endedly because there is still much more to discover with this world.

I come from the net
    Whoa. That is a nice pitch Really well wrote and thought out. Really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Whoa. That is a nice pitch Really well wrote and thought out. Really impressive.
    Thanks. I'm an aspiring author, this is what I do lol.

I come from the net
    Welcome. That explains it. You actually can write and I can't. Hope writing works out for you.

Ain't got no mojo... CaptainBanzuke's Avatar
    Follow CaptainBanzuke On Twitter
    Hereís an idea for a new Digimon Nintendo 3DS game that would make waves in the current fandom climate. Itís an idea that Iíve been tossing around in the olí noggin for, oh, letís say thirty-five minutes now. Itís a fresh idea, and Iím coming up with the bulk of it as Iím typing this out, but follow me through it and I think weíll get to something concrete. I trust you. Stay with me.

Itíll be somewhat of a throwback to the original Digimon World. Not in the way that Next Order went about it, but thatís because this wonít be a spiritual sequel of sorts, itíll more be a long and vigorous nod to the franchiseís history. Think Yokai Watch, Digimon World, Medabots, all smashed together, laid out nicely, treated with respect, topped with a little kiss on the forehead.
    You play as you, a young boy or girl (sticking to JRPG norms) living in 1999 Odaiba: Odaiba is a great setting, especially for a Digimon product, and the exact same can be said about the year 1999. Digimon, the Virtual Pet, exists as it does in our world; the real world, and itís a smash hit. Obviously. Your character has his or her own Digimon. They love taking care of it, they love when it Digivolves, they love when it wins battles, and they have a little whinge when it kicks the bucket. Now, you (the character) were not around for the original Digimon D-1 Grand Prix back in 1997, but you hear word of a SECOND D-1 Grand Prix that is set to be held a few months from the beginning of the game. Obviously you want in.
    The story, overall, will be pretty basic, but thatís not a problem because basic is often good. We can build off of basic, and if we do the fundamentals correctly, the rest will fall into perfect place, and THIS is why I chose to pitch this game for the Nintendo 3DS: The top screen will be your main focus. It will be where your character is seen walking through the streets of a cartoonish Odaiba, it will also be where you talk to NPCs, interact with other Tamers (who you will then engage in battle), and everything else youíd do in a game of this type. The bottom screen though, and this is the most exciting part; the bottom screen will simply your Digimon: Digital Monster.
    It will look like an original Digimon Virtual Pet, and it will act as such. It will have all the functions of your standard physical Digimon, including a dot sprite version of your partner. You will feed it, you will train it, you will take care of it, and it will Digivolve accordingly. When you come into contact with another Tamer, their Digimon will appear on the top screen, the two devices will connect, and a battle will ensue. You do not control the battle. You just raise your Digital Monster the way you think most effective and hope for the best. There WILL be things like individual stats and what not that will change according to how much you train your partner, how many battles theyíve one (alternative version of EXP), and what kind of Digimon they are, but Iím thinking we keep that to mostly a minimum. That mechanic will just be used to allow a players to raise the Digimon well enough so that tougher battles arenít just decided by luck, making the game seem mostly unfair. Iím open to suggestions though.
    The below image is one I edited using screenshots from the Nintendo 3DS game Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters and the mobile application Digimon Unlimited. This is to show how the game will be laid out.

As far as the bulk of a story goes, Iím thinking the game mostly revolves around you training for the D-1 Grand Prix, eventually entering and winning it, leading to the end of the game. New game plus, by the way, will be that youíre awarded a D-1 Grand Prix limited edition Pendulum with a bunch of new Digimon to raise. I should also mention that the Digimon Iím thinking should be made available in the game didnít necessarily have to be featured in the original release, and you can choose a unique Digitama everytime your partner dies. Once again, a lot like Digimon World.
    Anyway, story: The first act of the game will be you mostly learning the ropes as the player. Youíll battle Tamers around town, raise a few different Digimon, get to know the NPCs, and begin understand the overall story. You hear whispers of people battling a mysterious Tamer, and their Digimon being corrupted, forcing them to ditch their device and buy a new one. As the game goes on, you hear more and more of this, and it starts to worry you. There are rumours that the mysterious Tamer is training up to enter the D-1 Grand Prix. Hey! Thatís just like you!
    Our ďevilĒ friend eventually confronts you towards the end of Act 1. He has a Keramon (you can see where Iím going with this), and you battle. You lose, and youíre forced to buy a new Digimon. This is where we give the play an opportunity to choose their own colour of Digimon. Weíll give the option to customise. This leads into the second act which is, essentially, a series of tournaments leading up to the D-1 Grand Prix Finale. Youíll battle your way through qualifiers and what not. We will also give the option to wander around town and battle random Tamers. This is so if a player cannot beat an opponent in the tournament, they can keep training, and raising new Digimon so as to make winning slightly more achievable. There will be an option to replay battles and whatnot, we canít just stop a player from winning the D-1 Grand Prix, itís literally part of the story. Battles during this part of the game, by the way, are best of 3. You can understand why.
    Storywise, Act 2 will reveal that the antagonist of the story lost the 1997 D-1 Grand Prix, and is a little bit of a sore loser, so heís been training and training just to get ďrevengeĒ on those that beat him last time, and win the D-1 Grand Prix once and for all. His Digimon, though, through this process was also corrupted, which is why it now bricks other devices after winning a battle. You do not face him again this Act.
    Act 3 is short but big! You enter the final tourney of the D-1 Grand Prix. Battles during THIS part of the game are best of 5. Eventually you come to face the enemy, and that particular battle will be determined via best of 10. By this point in time he will, obviously, have a Diaboromon. Like I said earlier, weíre going to tweak the Digimon for the sake of a more enjoyable game. I know you couldnít reach Mega (Ultimate) level with the original V-Pet released, but you also couldnít raise a Diaboromon so letís just run with it.
    Throughout these 10 battles, you interact with the antagonist quite a lot. This is to build not only character depth but story depth. In fact, most battles (in the tournament or otherwise) will be sandwiched with dialogue to help fill out the world and the story of the game. I feel like thatís something Digimon World did really well, and it would be a good idea to replicate that here with a game like this.
    100% for sure, the game will have cameos from real-life personalities, with the most prominent being that of Volcano Ota who will M.C. the tournament as he did in reality. The end of the game will have you, the protagonist, winning against the antagonist and also winning the 1999 D-1 Grand Prix tournament. Both of your devices will brick after this battle, but youíve come to understand this character across your 10 battles, so you actually hand your D-1 Grand Prix Limited Edition Pendulum over to him. He eventually accepts and, hey, youíve just made yourself a friend!
    The tournament is now over, and everyone leaves to continue on with their lives. The antagonist is nowhere to be seen, but you donít think about it too much. As youíre about to leave Tokyo Big Sight, which is where Iím saying this tournament will be held, you are approached by Volcano Ota, though this time heís not in character. He explains that what you did for the antagonist is the exact embodiment of what Digimon stands for: Community, Friendship, Fun, Youth, everything! You did something really nice, and you deserve to be rewarded, so he gives you a DIFFERENT Limited Edition Pendulum. Congratulations! The gameís story is now over.
    Like I said earlier; there will be lots to do in the after game, and now that you have your Pendulum youíll be allowed access to a bunch of new Digimon. As far as extra content goes, youíll raise new Digimon, battle new Tamers and enter into fan tournaments and what not. Once youíve beaten the story, itís more about you just proving youíre still the best on the streets. Like it may have been when you were a kid.
    Now, like I said when I opened up this Pitch meeting; itís still fairly rough, and thereís a lot to be filled out, but itís not too bad overall. Iím not sure where Iím going to post this, if at all, but letís say I choose to chuck it onto Tumblr, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter (somehow), etc; if thereís a comment section, I want all opinions. Help me fill in the blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird C View Post
    Just had a small idea that I was kicking around:

AU/Sequel -- Oikawa Yukio recruits Daisuke, Iori, and company (Takeru and Hikari optional) in order to defend the Digital World he cares from external threats; he utilizes them as a task force designed to eliminate encroaching threats from other dimensions, because he intends to be more proactive than Homeostasis, whose plans don't take effect until the Digiworld is actively in the middle of a crisis. (Focuses on: (1) utillizing sheer versatility of armors, and (2) exploring dimensions outside the Digital World like the Internet, Dark Ocean, Dream World, Wendimon's dimension, Nacchan's dimension, etc.).
    This sounds like an amazing idea actually.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234