With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan Pitches

Ain't got no mojo... CrimsonMarvel's Avatar
    Add CrimsonMarvel on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    CrimsonMarvel, I merged your posts. Please avoid double posting in future.
    Oh sorry, I didn't notice I had double posted. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I got none of the mojo's

Banned
    Add Solomon on Discord Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel Add Solomon on DeviantArt Add Solomon on Google+
    Although it may be unlikely by now, I kind of wish there were PSP games for each of the series, just like what Adventure got.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Although it may be unlikely by now, I kind of wish there were PSP games for each of the series, just like what Adventure got.
    I never got to play the PSP game, maybe they'll release games for each series on the ps4 some day.
    I got none of the mojo's

Ain't got no mojo... rsccooperinc's Avatar
    Add rsccooperinc on DeviantArt
    Anaklusmos04 on DeviantArt had a really cool idea a few years back, but I can't find where he wrote it down. It was something about a group of Digidestined who had Digimon based directly on their biggest character traits/negative emotions, like fear, anger, pride, and disgust. I think the Digimon gained power and new Digivolutions based on the way the Digidestined learned to control their emotions. I may be projecting my own ideas a little bit in their, but I definitely would like to see this expounded on. I definitely would love to see the Digimon of Pride utilize the Crest of Love, the Digimon of Fear, Courage, and the Digimon of Anger, Friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by rsccooperinc View Post
    Anaklusmos04 on DeviantArt had a really cool idea a few years back, but I can't find where he wrote it down. It was something about a group of Digidestined who had Digimon based directly on their biggest character traits/negative emotions, like fear, anger, pride, and disgust. I think the Digimon gained power and new Digivolutions based on the way the Digidestined learned to control their emotions. I may be projecting my own ideas a little bit in their, but I definitely would like to see this expounded on. I definitely would love to see the Digimon of Pride utilize the Crest of Love, the Digimon of Fear, Courage, and the Digimon of Anger, Friendship.
    That's a neat idea. Reminds me of the idea I had about a group of DigiDestined whose crests were focused on their negative traits/emotions, and could only reach the perfect level when they come to terms with/get over them.
    I got none of the mojo's

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    I've had this concept for a bit, it's called something like Digimon: Reload. One of the biggest themes in the series is history. The Digital World is very fleshed out, with varying cultures and historical eras. Digimon are individuals, with their own names distinct from their species. In a normal Digimon's lifetime they grow from Baby I to Perfect, Ultimate is a stage achieved by few through extra criteria.

The story starts with 3 teenagers. Kotaro, an anti-social and grumpy computer coder who gauges his interest of a subject by how much it'd help him. Akiko, the daughter of a high class family who is determined to set herself apart and make a difference in the world. And Alain, a Brazilian-Japanese boy who has grown up as an outcast and chosen to bury his problems within himself. The three sort of friends discover an odd tomb-like cave within the forest one day, and meet their eventual partner Digimon inside: Impmon, Geramon(new), and Blademon(new).
    After fighting a crazy Yaksamon also within the tomb, they learn a little about the Digital World. There was a great cataclysm that tore holes in reality, materializing parts of the Digital World into the Human World. Artifacts are found further within the tomb, known as D-Loaders, which eventually allow the Digimon to reach Adult level.
    There is a fourth character, Shinnosuke, who partners with another Digimon survivor in the tomb, Dorumon. They fight against Digimon who are "Artifacting" into the human world, encased like fossils until they break free and have lost all sense of self due to the cataclysm.

I've actually spent years on refining this story, and there's a bit of development to it, but around the 13ish episode mark, a sort of conspiracy theorist hacker group known as SABER intentional tear open a path between the two worlds in order to contact Digimon but the effects of the tear severely damage part of the Digital World leading an army led by BlackWarGreymon to appear and seek vengeance.
    The humans are able to make a deal with him, to have Digimon and their partners enter the Digital World to plead with different Kings of the Digital World to call off the attack. It's at this point when the history really comes into play, and you get to see how the Digital World is and all it's cultures.
    The great cataclysm that was causing Digimon to appear in the beginning of the series took place decades ago in the Digital World, with it's effects still occurring in the human world. By the time SABER rips a hole in the realities, the Digital World had been rebuilt from the cataclysm and is on in a new great era, but the hole almost completely destroys the Dragon Lands, and also slows down the Digital World's time progression, making the worlds much closer in time.

During the time spent in the digital world it becomes clear that the partner Digimon are reset versions of great figures from the past age, and must reconnect with their old selfs to unlock their full power. There is an additional tamer who is added during the time in the Digital World, and 2 more additions towards the end of the series.

Without too much more unnecessary info, here's a basic arc outline.
    1-12, "Artifact Digimon arc". Fighting against random mindless digimon who emerge from stone cocoons. Adult levels are unlocked.
    13-22, "Digital World arc". Travelling through the Digital World to seek favor with the Kings. Perfect levels are unlocked.
    23-35, "King Platina arc". After being separated by Nahumon, the tamers must reunite and defeat the members of the King Platina who wish to take over/destroy the Human World. Alain's D-Loader is damaged, and a new foreign tamer named Carlos appears; partnered with a Felismon, who takes over as team leader for a time. Ultimate levels are unlocked
    36-48, "Demon Lords arc". An ancient evil from before the cataclysm is unleashed upon the Human World. Returning to their old home, now infested by demons, the digimon and their partners must defeat the 7 Great Demon Lords and rediscover themselves. Two new tamers, Rina and Ide join. Super Ultimate modes are unlocked.
    49-52, "Chrono Grim arc". The conspiracy responsible for the hostile Platina Kings and the release of the Demon Lords is revealed, and attacks both worlds. The Digimon and their partners and the armies of the Kings fight in a all-stakes war against Chronomon and Grimmon.

Oh yeah, another major theme with this series is that it's not the humans who are chosen, it's the Digimon. The Digimon are the chosen ones, and the humans are their partners, with the purpose to push the Digimon to higher levels.

Ain't got no mojo... rsccooperinc's Avatar
    Add rsccooperinc on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarlite View Post
    1-12, "Artifact Digimon arc". Fighting against random mindless digimon who emerge from stone cocoons. Adult levels are unlocked.
    13-22, "Digital World arc". Travelling through the Digital World to seek favor with the Kings. Perfect levels are unlocked.
    23-35, "King Platina arc". After being separated by Nahumon, the tamers must reunite and defeat the members of the King Platina who wish to take over/destroy the Human World. Alain's D-Loader is damaged, and a new foreign tamer named Carlos appears; partnered with a Felismon, who takes over as team leader for a time. Ultimate levels are unlocked
    36-48, "Demon Lords arc". An ancient evil from before the cataclysm is unleashed upon the Human World. Returning to their old home, now infested by demons, the digimon and their partners must defeat the 7 Great Demon Lords and rediscover themselves. Two new tamers, Rina and Ide join. Super Ultimate modes are unlocked.
    49-52, "Chrono Grim arc". The conspiracy responsible for the hostile Platina Kings and the release of the Demon Lords is revealed, and attacks both worlds. The Digimon and their partners and the armies of the Kings fight in a all-stakes war against Chronomon and Grimmon.

Oh yeah, another major theme with this series is that it's not the humans who are chosen, it's the Digimon. The Digimon are the chosen ones, and the humans are their partners, with the purpose to push the Digimon to higher levels.
    I like this a lot, especially with all the thought put into it. It'd be cool to see the focus on the Digimon as the chosen instead of the humans. Although, it does seem like they hit Ultimate/Mega a bit too early. I know for me, waiting for the Ultimate/Mega form in a game takes forever(like Susannoomon, Armageddemon, and Mastemon in my current playthrough of CS:HM) but the fact that it takes until the near end of the story is actually more satisfying than if I had them any earlier, cause then I would be stuck with an unchanging(yet awesome) partner until the end. I guess the fact that the Digimon in your story do get Super Ultimate forms as well, but that does seem a bit early too, and seems to leave a little desired at the very end in the way of change. One final push of power within the very last part of the story(like Aang's Avatar Form unlocking in ATLA) always makes for the best point of climactic peak. This is totally my opinion, btw. I see that you've been working on this for a while and have probably had thoughts on this already.

-------
    On a separate note, I really would like to see a Marvel styled retcon/retelling of Adventure 01. For those not familiar, Marvel has kept its stories relevant/fresh by retelling origin stories or significant parts of Marvel history while adding to/changing significant details to make the stories fit with the present or to make them easier to understand.

I think Adventure 01 is great, but it does leave a lot to be desired. I think a comic/manga retelling of the original story could bring a lot more to the original story. Reworking and adding to the scenery and the designs, fixing some of the character traits of the DigiDestined by giving some more solid dialogue(in both Japanese and especially English), as well as some more established backstory from the beginning. Some more sprinkled lore and some refined details would really improve the story.

I thought it was interesting how Miyako, Juri and Eri got a male partner Digimon. I would like to see a boy with a female Digimon too someday.
    And maybe even one day we'll get a goggle girl instead of a goggle boy? Though maybe they wouldn't want to risk that since a female main character is almost always (wrongly) viewed as anime for girls and Digimon is shounen after all.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarlite View Post
    I've had this concept for a bit, it's called something like Digimon: Reload. One of the biggest themes in the series is history. The Digital World is very fleshed out, with varying cultures and historical eras. Digimon are individuals, with their own names distinct from their species. In a normal Digimon's lifetime they grow from Baby I to Perfect, Ultimate is a stage achieved by few through extra criteria.

The story starts with 3 teenagers. Kotaro, an anti-social and grumpy computer coder who gauges his interest of a subject by how much it'd help him. Akiko, the daughter of a high class family who is determined to set herself apart and make a difference in the world. And Alain, a Brazilian-Japanese boy who has grown up as an outcast and chosen to bury his problems within himself. The three sort of friends discover an odd tomb-like cave within the forest one day, and meet their eventual partner Digimon inside: Impmon, Geramon(new), and Blademon(new).
    After fighting a crazy Yaksamon also within the tomb, they learn a little about the Digital World. There was a great cataclysm that tore holes in reality, materializing parts of the Digital World into the Human World. Artifacts are found further within the tomb, known as D-Loaders, which eventually allow the Digimon to reach Adult level.
    There is a fourth character, Shinnosuke, who partners with another Digimon survivor in the tomb, Dorumon. They fight against Digimon who are "Artifacting" into the human world, encased like fossils until they break free and have lost all sense of self due to the cataclysm.

I've actually spent years on refining this story, and there's a bit of development to it, but around the 13ish episode mark, a sort of conspiracy theorist hacker group known as SABER intentional tear open a path between the two worlds in order to contact Digimon but the effects of the tear severely damage part of the Digital World leading an army led by BlackWarGreymon to appear and seek vengeance.
    The humans are able to make a deal with him, to have Digimon and their partners enter the Digital World to plead with different Kings of the Digital World to call off the attack. It's at this point when the history really comes into play, and you get to see how the Digital World is and all it's cultures.
    The great cataclysm that was causing Digimon to appear in the beginning of the series took place decades ago in the Digital World, with it's effects still occurring in the human world. By the time SABER rips a hole in the realities, the Digital World had been rebuilt from the cataclysm and is on in a new great era, but the hole almost completely destroys the Dragon Lands, and also slows down the Digital World's time progression, making the worlds much closer in time.

During the time spent in the digital world it becomes clear that the partner Digimon are reset versions of great figures from the past age, and must reconnect with their old selfs to unlock their full power. There is an additional tamer who is added during the time in the Digital World, and 2 more additions towards the end of the series.

I imagine you put a lot of thought and time in this story, it's really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Luna View Post
    I thought it was interesting how Miyako, Juri and Eri got a male partner Digimon. I would like to see a boy with a female Digimon too someday.
    And maybe even one day we'll get a goggle girl instead of a goggle boy? Though maybe they wouldn't want to risk that since a female main character is almost always (wrongly) viewed as anime for girls and Digimon is shounen after all.
    I imagined something like having both a goggle boy and goggle girl.
    I got none of the mojo's

Follow Drac0rex On Twitter
    A new digimon series that takes some of the best attributes from the past, but combines it with actual networking and cyber security concepts for educating kids, teens, and adults on computers! There is a lot of opportunity in the Digimon franchise to teach people about technology in a fun and engaging way without being a preachy educational piece. Keep the best things about the show up to this point (characters, action, digimon of course) and just enhance! I wouldn't be in the profession I am without Digimon, and it could be an even better doorway for so many coming generations!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast