With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Digimon Revealed for Nightmare Soldiers in the 20th Anniversary Pendulum

I come from the net DarkTamer Steph's Avatar
    Add DarkTamer Steph on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    Shadramon!? 8D He's one of my favorite armor Digimon!!!
    He was the only armor I really used in my old D-3!

I'm so excited that Phascomon is in!!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiGrader View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Updated with a list of the Nightmare Soldiers from Bandai's twitter.
    Thank god they do not use two space for new fresh or in-training. They even add newer divimon troopmon from xros wars (wonder if it is the numemon of this egg) I assume Shadramon twill add more to the debate of what impmon's champion form supposed to be.
    Great to see Phascomon's entire line is in. Also, lol at Shadramon. They really should just grit their teeth and design a transition stage between Impmon and Baalmon. My strong suspicion (as I mentioned earlier) is that Boogeymon and Phelesmon were designed as Impmon's Adult and Perfect forms. Boogeymon is after all a comedic cowardly devil Digimon and Phelesmon is a cocky badass demon covered in leather and straps. Their profiles confirm that Boogeymon evolves into Phelesmon. Their release date (the very tail end of Tamers era/early Frontier) matches up. My guess is that Bandai got cold feet at the last moment as Boogeymon and Phelesmon are overtly demonic in a time when the series was expanding its market in the United States and Europe. Impmon is a cutesy baby demon and Beelzebumon is only vaugely demonic. Boogeymon and Phelesmon look like they came out of 18th-century European illustrations of devils. My guess is that they heard about the West's obsession with fearing occult themes in kids' media and decided a heroic Digimon couldn't be seen being marketed as turning into a stereotypical cartoon devil. This scenario ends with us finally getting Baalmon but no Adult form so far.
    Last edited by e105zeta; 02-12-2018 at 11:03 PM.

I come from the net DarkTamer Steph's Avatar
    Add DarkTamer Steph on Facebook
    Boogeymon and Phelesmon were absolutely the Adult and Perfect stage for Impmon-Beelzebumon. It was nixed in the Pendulum Progress where they used Devimon and NeoDevimon.

As for Baalmon, I would see him evolving naturally from Wizarmon.

I come from the net The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    He has. Impmon => Wizardmon => Baalmon => Beelzemon has been used before.
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

I find it weird that they also decided to use Metal Empire's Choromon and Caprimon for the early levels of Nightmare Soldiers. The original NS Pendulum had Mokumon and PetiMeramon.
    Other than that, it's a pretty interesting bunch.

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kintang View Post
    And saving money to whatever 2nd wave color they'll throw at us...just in case.
    This is the question, in my opinion. They could just go transparent body, like the 1.5, or they could go with a Digimon themed coloration like the V-Pet 20th. Will be very interesting to see. Personally, I am concerned that some of the alternative color chocies they could do might be a little gaudy and too out-there for the Pendulum Series. Unlike the V-Pets, the Pendulums have always had matching frame and buttons, so a three-color design like the second wave might not work. Ugly toys are my fear.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I will just say YAAAY Phascomon, Porcupamon, Astamon and Belphemon all together!! This is just awesome ^^ Also DarkKnightmon and Baalmon!! The Silver Black is definitely my choice. Only missing any Frontier Digimon but hey it's okay. I wonder if Troopmon will be the new Bakemon a la Digimon World 1 That would rock so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ShikaSS View Post
    I find it weird that they also decided to use Metal Empire's Choromon and Caprimon for the early levels of Nightmare Soldiers. The original NS Pendulum had Mokumon and PetiMeramon. Other than that, it's a pretty interesting bunch.
    Kind of surprised they didn't just invert the colors of two Baby-stage Digimon and market them as "all new" for the bonus Nightmare Soldiers egg, heh.

Junior Commander
    Really wierd. Donít know how to feel about ME babies and I wonder how we will unlock Darkknightmon?
    Glad to see Phascomonís line, but Iím a bit disappointed in Impmonís case.

I wonder if the adult lines are:
    Phascomon > Porcupamon
    Shadramon
    Impmon > MadLeomon
    Troopmon

Still super hyped for the SB Pen though
    Last edited by RogueX4; 02-14-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueX4 View Post
    Really wierd. Donít know how to feel about ME babies and I wonder how we will unlock Darkknightmon? Glad to see Phascomonís line, but Iím a bit disappointed in Impmonís case. I wonder if the adult lines are: Phascomon > Porcupamon Shadramon Impmon > MadLeomon Troopmon Still super hyped for the SB Pen though
    The lines all probably converge. Pendulums really don't have dead-end evolutions like the Digital Monsters do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast