With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Toei Channel Airing Digimon Adventure

Toei Channel Airing Digimon Adventure

A fun little surprise for those in Japan...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Adventure is going to air in Japan on the Toei Channel.

The schedule for this reairing of the series appears to be setup to maximize the ability for fans to be able to catch the series on TV.

It starts with a special preview 'off schedule' airing of episode 1 on Sunday, February 4th at 6:30pm (all times for Japan.)

After that, the normal schedule begins on Monday, February 5th with episodes 1 and 2.

Each Monday, at 7pm, 2 episodes of Adventure will air in a row.

The next Monday, those same 2 episodes will air again at 8am.

If you miss the second airing on Monday, one final airing of those 2 episodes will be done that same Friday at 8am.

The schedule makes it reasonably easy for those in Japan to stay caught up, even if they don't record their shows (3 periods over nearly two weeks to watch an episode, and if you fall back to a Friday repeat, you can catch back up a few days later by watching a Monday repeat, and then the 'new' Monday airing.)

The schedule for the Toei Channel only currently goes up to episode 16, but the program page mentions they plan to air all 54.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

So is it going to be remastered episodes they air or...?

Quote Originally Posted by dgmn View Post
    They do not list it as being in HD.

The 'remaster' was an upscale from composite videotape to HD. They generally only air the BD-Box versions on TV as previews for the box itself, but honestly, a TV airing of that version isn't really worth the effort.

They could surprise people and air the BD upscale, but I can't imagine they'd put in the effort, nor would there be much benefit to do so for various reasons.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmn View Post
    They do not list it as being in HD.

The 'remaster' was an upscale from composite videotape to HD. They generally only air the BD-Box versions on TV as previews for the box itself, but honestly, a TV airing of that version isn't really worth the effort.

They could surprise people and air the BD upscale, but I can't imagine they'd put in the effort, nor would there be much benefit to do so for various reasons.
    Yeah, that is true i doubt they will air the BD remaster, because there will be no point or gain for them, for example if they sold it for around "400", why would they then air it for "free" on tv.

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    Hopefully, Adventure airing in Japan again means that Hungama or Cartoon Network in India (forgot which of them currently owns the rights to Digimon) makes a new Hindi dub. It'd be a fanboy's dream come true, I tell you! Even if there is egregious censorship, which is to be expected.