With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Studio Wanpack Closing

Studio Wanpack Closing

Well, this is a big negative for anime fans in general...

Studio Wanpack is closing.

Studio Wanpack was a rather large animation studio in Japan, doing key animation and in-between work for shows so numerous over their nearly 25 year history I couldn't even start to list them.

Studio founder/representative Hirotsugu Yamada passed away recently and it appears the studio won't be staying open without him.

Wanpack was rather large and the arms of it's animators went all over the industry, including Digimon. They're credited as having done animation and production work to some degree on: the 2nd Tamers movie, Xros Wars and Hunters, tri. Parts 3, 4, and 5, along with Appmon. (A few sites list them as doing Part 2 instead of 3. Their own site lists 3.)

Information from Ashita and SakugaBlog were used as background information on the studio above.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Pimsan On Twitter Add Pimsan on Facebook Add Pimsan on DeviantArt Add Pimsan on Google+

Digimon Tri, Future

SO wait, what will happen to the last Tri movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Pimsan View Post
    SO wait, what will happen to the last Tri movie?
    Little to nothing realistically.

By this point they'd be clos to the end of production for Part 6, and Wanpack wasn't used very heavily overall for tri. (less than 60 cuts total), with the number getting very low for Part 5. Their own website lists that they only did 9 cuts in tri. Part 5. There are single episodes of Xros Wars where they did more than they did for all of tri. combined. As another example, there is an episode of DB Super where they did over 150 cuts.

The concern wasn't really for tri. Wanpack did a 'lot' of heavy lifting type work for the industry on the whole. Most, if not all, of the animators should be able to find new jobs, but there are no doubt a bunch of shows that air weekly that used them, and who knows the strain that'll put on things in general for the industry.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    That does suck. I hope everything can work out for those involved.

Red shirt
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    Are there any cuts in particular (from any Digimon series) that they're known for doing? I never look too much into this sorta thing, but this thread's piqued my curiosity.