With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sakkakumon/Sephirothmon map?

I come from the net The Chaos Entity's Avatar

Sakkakumon/Sephirothmon map?

Hey there all - long time no see and all that.

I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to confirm which of Sakkakumon's ten spheres corresponds to which element, would it? No.6 is likely Darkness, due to the Crest of Light being present on it, and the Crest of Light appearing in the sky of the Realm of Darkness...but I'm lost on the others? Any help?

1: ???

3:??? 2:???

5:??? 4:???

6: Darkness?

8:??? 7:???

9:???

10:???

Number placement above so as to help. Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by The Chaos Entity; 01-31-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    I have to ask. Why would you suggest that the Crest of Light is the darkness sphere, as opposed to the Sphere of...Darkness? I know nothing on this topic, but I'm curious on your reasoning.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

I'm a Maniac
    When takuya first evolved into Aldamon he did so in the sphere number 2, which was themed after a church and held seraphimon's data inside, so that's robably the sphere of light. After defeating blackseraphimon mercuremon moves to the last active sphere, which was sphere number 1, which had lots of mirrors in it, so that's probably the sphere of steel.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I've gone through the relevant episodes, and it's actually a little inconsistent. Here's what I got: https://imgur.com/a/qBysh

There's not enough information to tell which sphere is Wood and which is Thunder.

EDIT:
    Here's my guess for the full tree: https://imgur.com/a/X5LGr

Fuller descriptions of the sefirot can be found here (not sure if there's meant to be any correlation with the elements used, but you can see a few connections): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sefiro...Sefer_Yetzirah

EDIT 2:
    So, I thought it would be interesting to do a little digging and make a chart of possible correlations (just for fun, so don't go citing it one the wikis). The Sefirot is usually composed of ten spheres, each representing an emanation revealing the nature of God. Eleven are shown on the usual diagram, but two are supposed to be different sides of the same principle. One of these two, Daat, representing Knowledge, is absent from Sephirothmon. Anyway, in the following chart I've listed the ten elements and the sefirot they theoretically represent based on their position on Sephirothmon. Besides the sefirot I've listed its equivalent in the qlippoth, the negative version of the sefirot (which might make more sense given that Sephirothmon is a villain). In parentheses are phrases including the literal meaning of the sefirot/qlippoth, what it represents, and (in the case of the qlippoth) what the fallen angels associated with it are called. Each qlippoth is also associated with a specific demon, which I've listed for fun along with what any Digimon that are based on that demon.

There are some interesting parallels to be drawn here. My information on the sefirot and qlippoth are derived from Wikipedia; someone with a deeper knowledge of the Kabbalah might explain better than I do. Asterisks note other uses of the sefirot in the franchise.

1 - STEEL
    Sefirot: Keter* (Crown, Divine Will to Create, Infinite Light of the Creator)
    Qlippoth: Thamiel (Duality in God, The Broken, Fearful Light of God)
    Character: Mercuremon / Sephirothmon
    Guardian: Mercuremon
    Demon: Satan (Adversary)
    Demonic Digimon: Demon

* The Zero Unit symbol on Culumon is identified with Keter (Culumon has an attack called Keter Flare), and appears on this sphere of Sephirothmon. Other Digimon with the Zero Unit are Alphamon, Dukemon, ChaosDukemon, Dukemon Crimson Mode, Lucemon, Lucemon Fall-Down Mode, SaintGalgomon, BlackSaintGalgomon, Sakuyamon, and Kuzuhamon.

2 - LIGHT
    Sefirot: Chochmah (Wisdom, Male Light, Divine Reality, First Revelation, Creation from Nothingness)
    Qlippoth: Chaigidel (Confusion of the Power of God, Those Who Go Forth into the Place Empty of God)
    Character: Koji / Wolfmon / Garmmmon / BeoWolfmon
    Guardian: Seraphimon / BlackSeraphimon
    Demon: Beelzebub (Lord of the Flies) / Adam Belial (Wicker Man)
    Demonic Digimon: Beelzebumon / BelialVamdemon

3 - FLAME
    Sefirot: Binah (Understanding, Reason)
    Qlippoth: Sathariel (Concealment of God, The Hairy Ones of God)
    Character: Takuya / Agnimon / Vritramon / Flamon / Ardhamon
    Guardian: Asuramon
    Demon: Lucifuge (One Who Flees Light) / Lucifer (Light-Bearer)
    Demonic Digimon: Lucemon / Lucemon Fall-Down Mode / Lucemon Satan Mode

4 - THUNDER
    Sefirot: Chesed (Kindness, Loving Grace of Free Giving, Love of God, Inspiring Vision)
    Qlippoth: Gamchicoth (Devourers, The Binding Ones of God)
    Character: Junpei / Blitzmon / Bolgmon
    Guardian: Parrotmon
    Demon: Astaroth
    Demonic Digimon: Astamon

5 - ICE
    Sefirot: Gevurah (Severity, Strength, Judgment, Intention, Withholding, Awe of God)
    Qlippoth: Golachab (Burning Bodies, The Ruins of God)
    Character: Tomoki / Chackmon / Blizzarmon
    Guardian: Panjyamon
    Demon: Asmodeus (The Destroying God), Samael the Black
    Demonic Digimon: Lilithmon (sort of) / Deathmon / Zamielmon

6 - DARKNESS
    Sefirot: Tiferet** (Beauty, Balance)
    Qlippoth: Thagirion (Those Who Bellow Grief and Tears, The Revolt of God)
    Character: Koichi / Duskmon / Velgrmon / Lowemon / KaiserLeomon
    Guardian: Duskmon
    Demon: Belphegor (Lord of the Dead)
    Demonic Digimon: Belphemon Rage Mode / Belphemon Sleep Mode

** The Tiferet in Digimon uses a star-like symbol resembling the Crest of Light from Digimon Adventure. It appears on this sphere of Sephirothmon, and also appears on Babamon, Rosemon, and Rosemon Burst Mode (who can use it to attack).

7 - WATER
    Sefirot: Netzach (Eternity, Perpetuity, Victory, Endurance)
    Qlippoth: Harab Serapel (Ravens of the Burning of God, The Fouled Substance of God)
    Character: Ranamon / Calamaramon
    Guardian: Ranamon / Calamaramon
    Demon: Baal (Lord of Darkness) / Tubal Cain (Maker of Sharp Weapons)
    Demonic Digimon: Baalmon

8 - WIND
    Sefirot: Hod (Splendor, Withdrawal, Surrender, Sincerity)
    Qlippoth: Samael (The Desolation of God, The Left Hand, Failed Creation, The Filthy Wailing Ones of God)
    Character: Izumi / Fairimon / Shutumon
    Guardian: Karatenmon
    Demon: Adramelech (Powerful King)
    Demonic Digimon: N/A

9 - EARTH
    Sefirot: Yesod (Foundation, Coherent Knowledge)
    Qlippoth: Gamaliel (Polluted of God, Those Who Flee from God)
    Character: Grotmon / Gigasmon
    Guardian: Volcamon
    Demon: Lilith (Night Specter)
    Demonic Digimon: Lilithmon

10 - WOOD
    Sefirot: Malkhut*** (Kingdom, Humility)
    Qlippoth: Nehemoth (Whisperers, Night Specters)
    Character: Arbormon / Petaldramon
    Guardian: Jyureimon
    Demon: Naamah (Pleasant)

*** Malkhut is the only sefirot that emanates from God's creation rather than God himself. Thus it's somewhat fitting that its element is the only organic element. Armamon has an attack called Malkhut Crystal.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I've gone through the relevant episodes, and it's actually a little inconsistent. Here's what I got: https://imgur.com/a/qBysh

There's not enough information to tell which sphere is Wood and which is Thunder.

EDIT:
    Here's my guess for the full tree: https://imgur.com/a/X5LGr

Fuller descriptions of the sefirot can be found here (not sure if there's meant to be any correlation with the elements used, but you can see a few connections): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sefiro...Sefer_Yetzirah

EDIT 2:
    So, I thought it would be interesting to do a little digging and make a chart of possible correlations (just for fun, so don't go citing it one the wikis). The Sefirot is usually composed of ten spheres, each representing an emanation revealing the nature of God. Eleven are shown on the usual diagram, but two are supposed to be different sides of the same principle. One of these two, Daat, representing Knowledge, is absent from Sephirothmon. Anyway, in the following chart I've listed the ten elements and the sefirot they theoretically represent based on their position on Sephirothmon. Besides the sefirot I've listed its equivalent in the qlippoth, the negative version of the sefirot (which might make more sense given that Sephirothmon is a villain). In parentheses are phrases including the literal meaning of the sefirot/qlippoth, what it represents, and (in the case of the qlippoth) what the fallen angels associated with it are called. Each qlippoth is also associated with a specific demon, which I've listed for fun along with what any Digimon that are based on that demon.

There are some interesting parallels to be drawn here. My information on the sefirot and qlippoth are derived from Wikipedia; someone with a deeper knowledge of the Kabbalah might explain better than I do. Asterisks note other uses of the sefirot in the franchise.

1 - STEEL
    Sefirot: Keter* (Crown, Divine Will to Create, Infinite Light of the Creator)
    Qlippoth: Thamiel (Duality in God, The Broken, Fearful Light of God)
    Character: Mercuremon / Sephirothmon
    Guardian: Mercuremon
    Demon: Satan (Adversary)
    Demonic Digimon: Demon

* The Zero Unit symbol on Culumon is identified with Keter (Culumon has an attack called Keter Flare), and appears on this sphere of Sephirothmon. Other Digimon with the Zero Unit are Alphamon, Dukemon, ChaosDukemon, Dukemon Crimson Mode, Lucemon, Lucemon Fall-Down Mode, SaintGalgomon, BlackSaintGalgomon, Sakuyamon, and Kuzuhamon.

2 - LIGHT
    Sefirot: Chochmah (Wisdom, Male Light, Divine Reality, First Revelation, Creation from Nothingness)
    Qlippoth: Chaigidel (Confusion of the Power of God, Those Who Go Forth into the Place Empty of God)
    Character: Koji / Wolfmon / Garmmmon / BeoWolfmon
    Guardian: Seraphimon / BlackSeraphimon
    Demon: Beelzebub (Lord of the Flies) / Adam Belial (Wicker Man)
    Demonic Digimon: Beelzebumon / BelialVamdemon

3 - FLAME
    Sefirot: Binah (Understanding, Reason)
    Qlippoth: Sathariel (Concealment of God, The Hairy Ones of God)
    Character: Takuya / Agnimon / Vritramon / Flamon / Ardhamon
    Guardian: Asuramon
    Demon: Lucifuge (One Who Flees Light) / Lucifer (Light-Bearer)
    Demonic Digimon: Lucemon / Lucemon Fall-Down Mode / Lucemon Satan Mode

4 - THUNDER
    Sefirot: Chesed (Kindness, Loving Grace of Free Giving, Love of God, Inspiring Vision)
    Qlippoth: Gamchicoth (Devourers, The Binding Ones of God)
    Character: Junpei / Blitzmon / Bolgmon
    Guardian: Parrotmon
    Demon: Astaroth
    Demonic Digimon: Astamon

5 - ICE
    Sefirot: Gevurah (Severity, Strength, Judgment, Intention, Withholding, Awe of God)
    Qlippoth: Golachab (Burning Bodies, The Ruins of God)
    Character: Tomoki / Chackmon / Blizzarmon
    Guardian: Panjyamon
    Demon: Asmodeus (The Destroying God), Samael the Black
    Demonic Digimon: Lilithmon (sort of) / Deathmon / Zamielmon

6 - DARKNESS
    Sefirot: Tiferet** (Beauty, Balance)
    Qlippoth: Thagirion (Those Who Bellow Grief and Tears, The Revolt of God)
    Character: Koichi / Duskmon / Velgrmon / Lowemon / KaiserLeomon
    Guardian: Duskmon
    Demon: Belphegor (Lord of the Dead)
    Demonic Digimon: Belphemon Rage Mode / Belphemon Sleep Mode

** The Tiferet in Digimon uses a star-like symbol resembling the Crest of Light from Digimon Adventure. It appears on this sphere of Sephirothmon, and also appears on Babamon, Rosemon, and Rosemon Burst Mode (who can use it to attack).

7 - WATER
    Sefirot: Netzach (Eternity, Perpetuity, Victory, Endurance)
    Qlippoth: Harab Serapel (Ravens of the Burning of God, The Fouled Substance of God)
    Character: Ranamon / Calamaramon
    Guardian: Ranamon / Calamaramon
    Demon: Baal (Lord of Darkness) / Tubal Cain (Maker of Sharp Weapons)
    Demonic Digimon: Baalmon

8 - WIND
    Sefirot: Hod (Splendor, Withdrawal, Surrender, Sincerity)
    Qlippoth: Samael (The Desolation of God, The Left Hand, Failed Creation, The Filthy Wailing Ones of God)
    Character: Izumi / Fairimon / Shutumon
    Guardian: Karatenmon
    Demon: Adramelech (Powerful King)

9 - EARTH
    Sefirot: Yesod (Foundation, Coherent Knowledge)
    Qlippoth: Gamaliel (Polluted of God, Those Who Flee from God)
    Character: Grotmon / Gigasmon
    Guardian: Volcamon
    Demon: Lilith (Night Specter)
    Demonic Digimon: Lilithmon

10 - WOOD
    Sefirot: Malkhut*** (Kingdom, Humility)
    Qlippoth: Nehemoth (Whisperers, Night Specters)
    Character: Arbormon / Petaldramon
    Guardian: Jyureimon
    Demon: Naamah (Pleasant)

*** Malkhut is the only sefirot that emanates from God's creation rather than God himself. Thus it's somewhat fitting that its element is the only organic element. Armamon has an attack called Malkhut Crystal.
    Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for TMS!

As a huge nerd for Kabbalistic lord, I was curious to see if the spheres had any connection to the Elements (I find it odd, for instance, that Kether isnít light, and that Geburah isnít fire, given that its Qliphah is known as ĎThe Burning Oneí).

Also, as a huge nerd for Kabbalistic lore, I appreciate and understand the amount of information here (even if the non-Digimon parts Iíve known for years), so thank you!

I also wonder if Razielmon isnít meant to be the first in a group of ten/eleven, but thatís another discussion...

One thing about Demonic Digimon is not all of them are virus types. One Digimon I like is Anubimon. It is a vaccine type Digimon that will be perfect for the wind area.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    Keter being Steel makes sense because it's from Sefirotmon's position as a spirit of steel.

Edit: I was going to comment on the extra paths but there aren't as many as I thought, just the ones between Malkhut/Wood and Hod/Wind and Netzach/Water. The other "Extra" ones, the ones that go from Gevurah/Ice and Chesed/Thunder toward where Daat goes are just a reconfiguration of the straight connection between Gevurah and Chesed that doesn't go through Tiferet, since the different proportions of the middle column puts Tiferet/Darkness in the way of a horizontal line between them.
    Last edited by The Golux; 01-31-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Man, if Digimon Frontier actually did something with its kabbalah theme, it would have been a much more interesting show...
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

I'm adopting this as my headcanon, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Man, if Digimon Frontier actually did something with its kabbalah theme, it would have been a much more interesting show...
    Frontier is the saddest season, just on account of how much great potential was wasted.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Talking about that, I've recently saw a Twitter post talking about this same topic:
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

Tierra (Earth), Fuego (Fire), Viento (Wind), Trueno (Thunder), Agua (Water), Madera (Wood), Oscuridad (Darkness), Hielo (Ice), Acero (Steel), and Luz (Light).
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 02-01-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast