With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Staff Q and A Livestream

Apocalymon! NOICE.

What I wouldn't give for a toggle for "Creepy Mode" but I know that's not going to happen. Still, that's a huge get.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    Apocalymon, yeah kinda expected that.
    probably the SU digivolution of the dark masters,
    his model will be interesting, i kinda expect a miniature humanoid while moving and in-battle with his torso being more prominent in the animation of his signature and outro.

I wonder if that "if a human dies, their partner dies" rule, only applies to adventure. I can't imagine it applying to Tamers as well. Especially since they went on to talk about how digimon can be reborn if they die, which wasn't the case in tamers.

This was a really interesting read. Konaka must really love his terriermon lol I notice he brought it with him on the interview and he has pictures of it posted all over twitter

I know that not everything has been translated yet, but is there any mention of the so-called "prospect" for new/upcoming digimon game(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    I wonder if that "if a human dies, their partner dies" rule, only applies to adventure. I can't imagine it applying to Tamers as well. Especially since they went on to talk about how digimon can be reborn if they die, which wasn't the case in tamers.
    I think so, especially since it was Kakudou speaking. And I'm glad too, because I really do not like that trope. It makes it feel like the Digimon partners aren't their own person, that they exist just for their human, and that the relationship is closer to "Master and Slave" than equal partners. And... yeah, I guess that is pretty much how it works in Adventure-verse, but that's why it's not my favorite

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    It makes it feel like the Digimon partners aren't their own person, that they exist just for their human
    They were literally created to be the partners of the digidestined. Most of them anyway. There's a few exceptions. I'd imagine Meicoomon for example wouldn't die if Meiko died. Then again, maybe being bonded as a partner even if you didn't have one upon creation causes it.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled View Post
    Technically, Offmon didn't had a "human" partner.
    Bummed.

And Xros Wars manga happens in 2012 (time of the human world). So, Hikari is not even in her thirties yet.
    How do you know that it takes place in 2012? And if so, why then again Hikari appears by the end of the manga as Homeostasis herself?

I'm not really sure if the "Partner Digimon dies" whenever his/her human partner passes away is canonical only in the Adventure-verse or overall instead, but I kinda hate that fact. I mean, I personally prefer to think that Digimon are kinda of independent from their human counterparts; that's mostly why I love the characterization in Xros Wars and Appmon.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Now protecting their partner at all costs makes more sense lol. Cuz if they die, the Digimon is fucked but if the Digimon dies? eh just hatch the egg.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    How do you know that it takes place in 2012? And if so, why then again Hikari appears by the end of the manga as Homeostasis herself?
    Well, for one thing, we don't know for sure that that is Homeostasis. And there's no reason Hikari has to be dead in order for Homeostasis to look like her.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    And Xros Wars manga happens in 2012 (time of the human world). So, Hikari is not even in her thirties yet.
    First of all, because the manga gives us a date: 20XX. Second, the manga gives a plot importance to the building of the Tokyo Skytree. In chapter 12 or 13 they even used it as a reference for the date (as they traveled back in time to a period the Skytree was still being build). The Skytree was finished in 2012, that means the manga starts (and end, thanks to time-traveling shenanigans) in 2012.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast