With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Staff Q and A Livestream

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Meh...I feel totally cold about Apocalymon, but it could be worse. Sure I was expecting for Apollomon or BelleStarmon so bad, but nevermind probably next time.

There are many interesting tidbits of information. As for the Digimon dying when their human partners die too I guess it would make sense to some extent...but what about Offmon? Also, in the manga of Digimon Xros Wars, which presumably happens time after the events of Adventure/02/tri., Tailmon is still alive and actively looking for Wizardmon in the Multiverse, so we can assume that Hikari is somehow still alive in the form of Homeostasis? Even more, can we assume that only Tailmon is alive by this time from the original eight (thirteen having also 02 and tri. into account)?

Talking about Digimon Frontier, I think this could also indicate that Raihimon was meant to appear in the anime at some point? But in all fairness, Daipenmon and RhinoKabuterimon aren't exactly "humanisitic" at all xD In my headcanon, Volcamon, Blimpmon, Mermaidmon and Wisemon are the Fusion Forms of the antagonists, while their respective Ancient Forms work perfectly fine too as such.

Now I'm really wondering what exactly are the DigiGnomes and the D-Reaper...maybe something similar to Gennai, Rhythm or Luche? Same as Vitium or the Eaters? Lots of questions on this issue.

Technically, Offmon didn't had a "human" partner. And Xros Wars manga happens in 2012 (time of the human world). So, Hikari is not even in her thirties yet.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    This technically spoils Tri part 6 lol cuz if Tai was dead (I mean we already know he isn't) Koromon would cease to exist rather than crying about Tai "being dead"

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    My headcanon is that this interview is not canon because a baby dying unceremoniously off screen is too awful, jfc.

It's easy to ignore tri when you watch 02 though and nothing like this happened on screen so it's not that bad. But damn that's harsh. Lol.

Muur 02 has an epilogue that shows all the kids alive and grown up too. Everyone's alive, even the 02 kids.

what about Zeromaru? he was also Tai's partner digimon right?

Apocalymon huh? I was really convinced we were going to get Ophanimon FM, but Iím totally okay with this.

Iím having trouble wrapping my head around the idea of the Digimon partners dying if their human partner does. If this happens in a series where Digimon get reborn as eggs, wouldnít it just be temporary? Does the human partner dying somehow make this rebirth impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post

Muur 02 has an epilogue that shows all the kids alive and grown up too. Everyone's alive, even the 02 kids.
    That's why I said "we already know he's not dead" lol

But I guess for those who haven't seen 02, it technically spoils :P

I come from the net
    If the human partner dies, his/her digimon partner dies along, but it will reborn as the wild digimon therefore its "original digimon partner self" personality died?

Heh Apocalymon. I can imagine its evo requirement needs two of random Dark Masters. But still I cannot imagine how.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    If the human partner dies, his/her digimon partner dies along, but it will reborn as the wild digimon therefore its "original digimon partner self" personality died?

Heh Apocalymon. I can imagine its evo requirement needs two of random Dark Masters. But still I cannot imagine how.
    Digimon already have a chance to lose all memories upon being reborn. For example Merukimon murdered Biyomon over and over until he forgot about Kristy in Data Squad (maybe it's different in the sub?). Marcus later thinks the same thing has happened to his Koromon when he's reborn but Koromon retains his memories.

Gostumon is another who doesn't retain his memories upon being reborn.

I come from the net
    Yeah but I thought it pointed at Adventure series, that Pipimon? Or that comment was too vague... So it is up to our imagination...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast