With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Staff Q and A Livestream

Digimon Staff Q and A Livestream

Just about time for a livestream

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The previously announced Digimon Staff Q and A livestream begins in just a few minutes at 1am Pacific time.

We aren't necessarily expecting much in the way of big news from this livestream, but will be posting screenshots and thoughts as the event is running.

It will be livestreamed on both nico and Youtube.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

It will be hosted by Koji Watanabe (writer for Digimon games) and Kazumasa Habu (Digimon game producer.)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Guests for the 3 different talks include Kenji Watanabe (longtime Digimon designer), Volcano Ota (project head/director of the team that created Digimon), Hiroyuki Kakudou (director of Adventure, 02, X-Evolution, along with various other positions for much of the animated history of the franchise), and Chiaka Konaka (series composer and writer for Tamers.)

Updates- It's begun. These updates will be more random 'thoughts' as the event goes then more formally written out bits.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

I won't be able to add much on the questions being asked since I don't speak Japanese, but we will attempt to add that later if we can.

In addition, the nico stream is buggy and cutting out at random and the Youtube stream has yet to actually begin.

The Youtube stream has started up a few minutes into it.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Director Kakudou has brought papers with him from his personal collection.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Included is what appears to be a map of File Island, an early script (or a proto-series bible), along with various early versions of the Digimon Adventure logo!

Some bits of what's being said thanks to onkei!

In Adventure, Palmon was originally written as male.

Watanabe comments that Digimon has a lot of things that aren't explained wwww it's all left to the imagination

Volcano Ota and Kenji Watanabe wanted the Digimon in the animation to stay evolved.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In past interviews it's been mentioned the staff was told to use fortune telling to decide on character's names. Kakudou pulled out yet more paperwork, this time showing a printout of the fortune telling program that was used to help decide on Jou's name. He also comments that as far as he's concerned, Jou ended up going to the university he wanted to attend.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They're discussing the new Pendulums a bit.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

And Digivolving Spirits.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

I thought maybe the information about an audience was wrong, it turns out the audience was just being ultra polite to hear everything said. A shikishi by Kenji Watanabe was pulled out, and appears a number was pulled to give it to an audience member.

That appears to be the end of Part 1, which was about the earliest days of the franchise.

At the moment they are showing a Hacker's Memory trailer before Part 2 begins.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Part 2 begins and has Chiaka Konaka join Kakudou and Habu. Koji Watanabe got everyone coffee before rejoining.

Habu comments to Kakudou and Konaka that their talking on Twitter is like stepping on dominoes setup to fall.

Konaka originally wrote as Yamaki on Twitter because it was easier for him to write that way (as a character.) After overseas (outside of Japan) fans noticed him he decided to properly 'reveal' himself to avoid any misunderstandings that might arise.

Kakudou and Konaka talk about AI quite a bit, and they are also answer various questions.

Konaka mentions that the Digignomes and the D-Reaper are not AI, even though they are man-made. What conclusions or thoughts we are supposed to think up based on that information appears to be left to us?

Konaka also seems to imply that Impmon originally didn't really want to evolve. This apparently why he was unwilling to put up with his partners? He doesn't clarify further what he actually means.

Kakudou says that while it wasn't clearly said, when a human dies, their Digimon also dies. This was 'shown' in 02 because we don't see what happens to Pipimon after Oikawa dies.

Konaka comments that he said he wasn't going to answer questions, but overseas fans on Twitter keep asking him (and he apparently can't resist.) Everyone laughs at this.

According to Konaka the reason Renamon was concerned about Impmon in the digital world was because despite all that had happened, a bond had formed.

Kakudou goes back to his prior comments about what happens when a human dies. When the Digimon dies, there is no effect on the human (at least seen thus far.) When the Digimon dies in the digital world, they are reborn and the relationship begins again from scratch.

He also mentions that when a Digimon dies in the human world there is no telling what happens.

Volcano Ota has hopped into the background and is watching and interacting with the proceedings.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

He's jumped off camera and back on a few times.

Ota jumped in at one point based on a joke Konaka had made. Konaka wanted to know why the host of the Digimon card game tournament Ruki was in was wearing armor. Volcano Ota jumped in asking if he had heard his name.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

They go over the Tamers Blu-ray Box and show the packaging.

Part 2 ends with a giveaway of another shikishi by Kenji Watanabe!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

And Ota has snuck to the back again this time with Kenji Watanabe!

They go to another Hacker's Memory trailer before Part 3 begins.

Part 3 begins!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Konaka has left and Volcano Ota and Kenji Watanabe have rejoined the table.

The person who inspired the creation of Victory Uchida is apparently in the studio, but Habu tells him not to appear on camera because seeing his real face might crush the dreams of children.

They show off an Omegmon shikishi by Kenji Watanabe to give away and then put up a screen explaining how to win the Omegamon shikishi.

They also show off the Hacker's Memory guidebook and the newest V-Jump...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

I believe Ota makes a joke about the cover and how Digimon seems to look different now? (The joke being that Goku is on the cover.)

They're talking about Digimon ReArise, and are discussing the retweet contest being run for the game.

Konaka has reappeared! And I think Ota is hiding?

Habu says they didn't have chooseable gender in Hacker's Memory because they wanted to focus on characterization.

A lot was discussed in this section and hopefully we can get more translated details later.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The last Digimon from the retweet campaign for Hacker's Memory is a bit of a surprise!

Apocalymon!

They show off one more shikishi being given away...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Betamon (and a tiny Wormmon if you look closely) for Hacker's Memory!

And the stream is over!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We'll add more translations if/when possible.

I'll also add more screenshots of the event later.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

So we are going to get Apocalymon as a Digimon in Hacker's Memory. I can not wait for him to come out.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

those 10k RT were worth it after all

Red shirt
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    Sadly, I was lost for most of it. I was hoping I'd know enough Japanese to at least catch the gist of what they were saying, but half the time, I couldn't even make out what the current topic was. T_T

Some of the fan questions they chose to answer were pretty interesting, though. One of them brought up Holy Digitamamon, and another one asked about the Fusion Hybrids that have yet to be revealed. For the latter one, I think there was some explanation about the protagonist Hybrids being designed to look more humanistic than the antagonists, thus they didn't consider Fusion Forms for the latter or something to that effect (though a lot of the commenters were calling them out on this explanation, noting how only Aldamon, Beowulfmon, and Raihimon seem to resemble of mixture of their Human and Beast forms). Fortunately, Habu brings up how expansion's always a good thing, and it's nice to see somebody reminding the people in charge that these things still need to debut 15 years later, so hopefully something will come of this in the near future. There was also a question about Magna Garurumon, something about its model in next 0rder and its separated form... I couldn't follow most of that either, but I am curious to know what was said there.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    The last Digimon from the retweet campaign for Hacker's Memory is a bit of a surprise!

Apocalymon!
    Not that surprising. Honestly, it was one of my top guesses for the bonus Digimon. After all, they did say there would only be one other apart from the Ryudamon line, and as highly requested as Apollomon and Millenniumon are, they unfortunately have other Digimon heavily tied to them (Mil needs Chimeramon, and while Apollomon probably could've debuted without its evolution line, much like Dianamon did in the previous game, I doubt they'd put him in while not giving us the chance to fuse it into the newly hyped Grace Novamon). With that in mind, Apocalymon did seem to be the most logical choice for a stand-alone (and it helps that it has a model from previous games ready to use).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 01-27-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Damn at the comfirmation that when a human dies their partner goes with him. I always headcannoed that but now we have it official and it's kinda depressing.

Not too fussed about Apoclymon but a new guy is a new guy. Wonder if he'll be Ultra.

Yamato San it's too bad the fans were being so harsh, since we got the first new X Antibodies in over a decade this year, lol. It'd be great if they took that as a sign people wanted to see even more stuff like that for other concepts that were abandoned over time.

I hope someone who understands Japanese can explain some other questions that were asked eventually.

I can't wait to see Apocalymon in game. I hope his proportions look right. His design in 3d makes his body look so tiny lol. I hope they do more stuff like this and DLC in the future. I was really sad that the new Next Order, 20th Anniversary and Tri Digimon didn't get in.

Add saifors on DeviantArt
    Apocalymon is nice, I was rooting for Apollomon personally but this Apocalymon is cool too (How are they gonna handle his size though?)
    The lack of gender choice in Hacker's Memory makes sense IMO, Keisuke feels much more like a character with a personality than CS' self-insert MC.
    Lots of other interesting bits, hope more get translated.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Damn at the confirmation that when a human dies their partner goes with him. I always headcannoed that but now we have it official and it's kinda depressing.

Not too fussed about Apoclymon but a new guy is a new guy. Wonder if he'll be Ultra.
    Except that didn't happen with Oikawa's Digimon. So i'm taking that with a grain of salt.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Damn at the confirmation that when a human dies their partner goes with him. I always headcannoed that but now we have it official and it's kinda depressing.

Except that didn't happen with Oikawa's Digimon. So i'm taking that with a grain of salt.
    They literally said his Digimon is now dead and that's why we don't see him again. Homeostasis/King Drasil probably have to manually delete them which is why he was around a few seconds longer than Oikawa.

Hell yeah! Apocalymon, baby! Armageddemon, Apocalymon, and Arkadimon SU dream team of world ending monstrosities, here I come!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast