With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Preview of Tamers Blu-ray Box Art Layouts

Preview of Tamers Blu-ray Box Art Layouts

Another preview of the Tamers Blu-ray Box!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This time we get to see the art rendered out how it'll appear on the actual box (along with a clean look at the show title on the spine.)

The art is being laid out exactly as expected, with the 'primary' Tamers and Digimon on the front, the additional Tamers and Digimon on the back, and Impmon and Culumon on the spine.

It'll be interesting to see how other bits (company logos and potentially the show logo) will be laid out, along with if there will be any kind of slipcover like Adventure and 02 had.

Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, character designer for Tamers (and Adventure, 02, and Frontier), drew the cover.

Update- Another layout preview, this time for the first inner box.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pre-orders are available for the Digimon Tamers Blu-ray box. It will be available April 3rd, 2018 for 53,800 yen. Early versions of the box will include the new Tamers audio drama.

The first link is a CDJapan is an affiliate link that helps the site.
    Digimon Tamers BD-Box
    Digimon Tamers BD-Box Amazon Edition (includes F4 size (8.27 x 12.99 inches) fine board.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Outside Gotham (okay, I meant Chicago, which was filmed for at least TWO of Nolan's Batman films)
    I like the fact that the original character designer that worked on the first four series/seasons had a hand in this.

If only Toei can get him to come back to do character designs for a future series then that would be sweet. I really miss his style.

Ain't got no mojo... Mugenlazlo's Avatar
    Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Tell me Rika isn't drinking beer in that layer.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    Tell me Rika isn't drinking beer in that layer.
    She isn't. That kind of bottle is a common type of packaging for fruit juices and sodas in Japan. In fact, that bottle looks a bit like Manta from that commercial in tri. Also, I'm so sad again that I won't be able to get this BD box too. If only I had like, a million dollars! *laughs*
    Anyhoo, the way that art's rendered on the cover, man, I got the chills. I just wish Chiaki Konaka would go ahead and confirm some kind of sequel to Tamers already. 2018's looking to be a great year for Digimon, either way.