With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold Mode Being Introduced in 20th Anniversary Pendulum, More Updates Weekly

Cold Mode Being Introduced in 20th Anniversary Pendulum, More Updates Weekly

A 20th Anniversary Pendulum update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A couple of fun bits of news for people looking forward to the new Pendulums.

There will be weekly updates for 10 weeks giving information about these new V-Pets.

We have the first update, which you can see a preview image of above.

Cold Mode!

One of the neat things about the 20th V-Pet was a much faster raising schedule. But this quick schedule meant that if you had to be away for a chunk of time your might miss out on doing what you need to end up with the Digimon you wanted (or even have your Digimon die.)

The 20th Pendulum has a similiar (but not identical) fast raising schedule and Cold Mode will be a way to help you raise your Digimon, regardless of your own schedule.

Cold Mode allows you to effectively put your Digimon 'on ice' when you are busy or unavailable. The Digimon freezes as it is until you remove it from this mode (although it appears an exception to this is health, which will recover if necessary.)

An example they give of cold mode is caring for your Digimon in the morning, putting it in cold mode during the day, and taking care of it again at night. They also reiterate that your Digimon's growth will stop when it's in cold mode.

Amusingly, when you Digimon is in cold mode you see a refrigerator.

They finish by saying this should allow even busy people to take care of their Digimon properly and to please try raising a Digimon with the 20th Anniversary Pendulum.

Next time will be details of Copymon.

If you are interested in getting the 20th Anniversary Pendulum you can find a ton of details, including how to pre-order, here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    This is some of the best Pendulum news I've heard. With work it would mean i can finally raise again!

Ain't got no mojo...
    This is actually a major selling point for me now. I've wanted to raise a Digimon old-school, but I remember the hell that was taking care of my Tamogotchi as a child. With my work schedule, I wasn't worried about ordering one of these.

Now to look into how I can purchase one...

Junior Commander
    Huh... but didn't the Vpet version 20th already have a pause feature? The sleep mechanic was technically that but with a three hour time limit, but you could exploit it as a pause feature.

Still it's nice to see this mechanic return.

sweet! weekly news! up until the end of pre-order.
    will it be on every Friday?
    also, so is it just a pause button?

Follow AKluthe On Twitter Add AKluthe on Facebook Add AKluthe on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueX4 View Post
    Huh... but didn't the Vpet version 20th already have a pause feature? The sleep mechanic was technically that but with a three hour time limit, but you could exploit it as a pause feature.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but sleep time didn't count towards evolution in the V-pet ver. 20th. In the Pendulum ver. 20th sleep time will count towards evolution.

So you're right, there was a pause feature. It was time limited and recovered energy because it was tied to the sleep system, though.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by AKluthe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueX4 View Post

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but sleep time didn't count towards evolution in the V-pet ver. 20th. In the Pendulum ver. 20th *sleep time will count towards evolution*.

So you're right, there was a pause feature. It was time limited and recovered energy because it was tied to the sleep system, though.
    I think I must have missed that point in the previous article. That is some great news!

Plus now it makes more sense to include it.

I come from the net
    This might be the best addition to these ever. Real happy to hear that.

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    I'm already not regretting that I bought both versions. ^_^

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    So does anyone know how much these Pendulums cost or where I can order one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast