With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Ken's Crest and Digi Egg Have Been "Fate"?

Ain't got no mojo...

Should Ken's Crest and Digi Egg Have Been "Fate"?

The concept of "fate" does play a role of sorts in Ken's arc with him trying to retake his destiny and deciding his own path in life. And since he's the "lancer" of 02 might as well grant him a power that only the gogglehead has as well. It does suit him more than kindness, I feel.

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The concept of "fate" does play a role of sorts in Ken's arc with him trying to retake his destiny and deciding his own path in life.
    No, because Ken's core trait is his kindness and re-embracing same after his MMORPG phase.

That also doesn't really make sense - all the Crests have been about embracing their quality, but this is more Ken saying "screw fate, I do what I want".

And since he's the "lancer" of 02 might as well grant him a power that only the gogglehead has as well.
    Davis has no power or Crest, of Miracles or of anything else.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    And since he's the "lancer"
    thatīs Leomon

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    The concept of "fate" does play a role of sorts in Ken's arc with him trying to retake his destiny and deciding his own path in life.
    No, because Ken's core trait is his kindness and re-embracing same after his MMORPG phase.

That also doesn't really make sense - all the Crests have been about embracing their quality, but this is more Ken saying "screw fate, I do what I want".

And since he's the "lancer" of 02 might as well grant him a power that only the gogglehead has as well.
    Davis has no power or Crest, of Miracles or of anything else.
    I was thinking more on the line of, "I make my own fate" not "screw fate". He's not rejecting it but defining it on his own terms.

Davis had the Digi Egg of Miracles (briefly anyway).

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    I was thinking more on the line of, "I make my own fate" not "screw fate". He's not rejecting it but defining it on his own terms.
    Perhaps. But you could really take any of the 8 main crests and shoe-horn them into the other kids. Matt had "Courage" to accept other peoples friendship. TK "Loved" Patamon. Joe often demonstrates sensible "Knowledge". And so on.

I think Xadhoom hit the nail on the head. The over-arching spoon-fed intention of the storyline is that Ken used to be very kind, and post-Kaizer, was re-embracing that part of him. You can draw other conclusions if you squint hard enough, but again I think its pretty self-evident.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

I'm going digital
    Fate or miracles aren't really a state of being so could be used as crest powers. You could say the same of light but I think what they mean by light is purity and innocence.

Also fate could work for anyone and kindness makes sense for ken.

I'm a Maniac
    Yeah, I am pretty sure that fate/destiny and miracles were meant as concepts outside of the range that crests cover/not associated to personality/human traits.

^ Good point - and I'd been wondering how Fate fit with Wallace as a personality trait...

I'm going digital
    Well golden digieggs didn't follow personality themes it's like wondering how David embodies miracles.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbeemon View Post
    Well golden digieggs didn't follow personality themes it's like wondering how David embodies miracles.
    Well you could say it was a miracle Davis ever got anything done right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast