With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Translated Interview with Tenya Yabuno About V-Tamer and Early Days of the Franchise

Add Akfly on Discord Add Akfly on Steam
    Wow!! Thanks Garm for both translations (this and the Artbook interview). I think it's really interesting to see how they worked in the past, way back before Adventure aired. I also kinda like Tenya's art, his designs are so different from Watanabe's

Ain't got no mojo...
    Do we even have any good art of Callismon?

Add Grovyle48 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppermon View Post
    Do we even have any good art of Callismon?
    Nope. Just the rips from the manga.

That was a great interview! That was really interesting to read. I love that Habu is exploring under-treaded paths in Digimon.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Thanks so much for translating these Garm. They're really interesting to read.
    Last edited by McGann; 01-13-2018 at 09:05 AM.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Yes, thank you!

It amuses me how many straight-up video game conventions influenced Digimon in its early stages.
    "Remember, kids, it's not important if it's of high quality. Only if it makes money." -Mark Hamill

Thanks so much for translating this Garm. I really appreciate it

Follow Touya On Twitter
    Excellent work, Garm.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Watanabe: We might be the creators, but we did play our products as we worked on them. We just wanted to create a fun product; we didn’t even imagine it would get turned into an anime or a manga series. Not only did we include the Tamagotchi’s Oyajitchi in Digimon as Nanimon, we also modeled Mojyamon after our former department lead, Hongo-san [Takeichi Hongo]; even the Special Move 'Hang On Death’ was named to sound similar to the phrase “Hongo desu” [meaning “This is Hongo”.] (laughs).
    I think this may be an error in the original article like "DeathAeromon." Hang On Death is Jijimon's special attack, not Mojyamon's, so I believe it's actually Jijimon that was modeled on Hongo.

Quote Originally Posted by Touya View Post
    I think this may be an error in the original article like "DeathAeromon." Hang On Death is Jijimon's special attack, not Mojyamon's, so I believe it's actually Jijimon that was modeled on Hongo.
    That's possible, but it may also be a case that they are just referring to 2 different things in a stream of consciousness.

It's hard to look at Mojyamon and 'not' see Takeichi Hongo (it may even be a case that both characters are based on him.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Thanks so much everyone! Being able to spread this for more people to enjoy makes it worth the effort :>

Quote Originally Posted by Touya View Post
    Hang On Death is Jijimon's special attack, not Mojyamon's, so I believe it's actually Jijimon that was modeled on Hongo.
    Yeah I was wondering about that, but I do think both of them have the bearded old man look (haha) so I left it as is; I didn't want to make any changes unless it's clear they're typos, like the overwrite/override thing.

Thanks for the great translation!

After reading it, i have 2 questions:
    1. Habu said that the term 'Tamer' wasn't used in Digimon World. But, i do remember tamer rank being a thing there, so was it called something else in original (japanese) version of the game?
    2. It is said that ch 22 which was AeroV-dramon debut as zeromaru's evolution was released when the manga is already 2 years which means it was 2001. AeroV-dramon also appeared in Digimon World 2 which was released on year 2000. So, AeroV-dramon debutted first in a game and it was designed long time before it appeared in the manga?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast