With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What seasons would you like to see sequels to

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Season 5 seems like the one most ripe for a continuation. The power-vacuum created by Yggdrasil stepping down as king would be interesting to explore. And there are plenty of extended cast members to achieved higher forms and Burst Modes if that's something they wanna do. The Banchos, Olympians and Demon Lords. It'd be good.

I'd like Appmon to get a film/OVA, but I like where they left things story-wise.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Add KaenKazui on DeviantArt Add KaenKazui on Google+
    Appmon. Mostly Appmon.

I mean, I love Tamers, but spending ten years writing down my own continuation, I just do not want an official sequel, as no matter how good it would be, I would be bummed, that I could no longer fit my own sequels into the canon.

Appmon deserves a sequel. It was such a great show and has some potential for another season. And be it just to see those characters again

Call me crazy, but I kinda do feel like seeing a continuation of the Xros Wars/Hunters crew. Just make it a better story than the vapid plot Hunters had and we're good.

I am surprised that they didn't capitalise on a certain plot point towards the end in the meta-verse. Seriously, the Watch Maker dude not only being Bagramon but also being able to bend space to bring the other heroes over didn't get used at all for any other cross-over appearances in the franchise (like Mirei does in Cyber Sleuth). *Shaking my head...*

Follow AguChamp On Twitter Visit AguChamp's Youtube Channel
    I think a sequel for past seasons could be neat... but I personally would prefer new seasons. I think the only reason I felt Adventure 02 worked was because it split off with new characters, a new dynamic, and developed on an somewhat unexplored world.

I feel Appmon could work the best, but I can't really think of a proper way to expand on what's established, but who knows.

That said, I really don't like the idea of a Tamers sequel. It'd be cute to see something like an epilogue or short revisit, just to see how life has changed since the Digimon incident. But let me be honest, the idea of more Tri really deters me. I'm not saying they couldn't make a good story, but I honestly wouldn't risk it. Tamers ending was honestly about as sound as I wanted, and I don't see the potential in a full on sequel.
    If anything, even a spinoff would be a better choice than a sequel.

Digimon stories of recent appear built for single stories, and I feel making a sequel for a TV series can be a sloppier process than say a Video Game, which are stories practically built for continuations.
    Expect Regret.

Follow XDragon On Twitter Visit XDragon's Youtube Channel Add XDragon on Steam Add XDragon on DeviantArt Visit XDragon on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Call me crazy, but I kinda do feel like seeing a continuation of the Xros Wars/Hunters crew. Just make it a better story than the vapid plot Hunters had and we're good.

I am surprised that they didn't capitalise on a certain plot point towards the end in the meta-verse. Seriously, the Watch Maker dude not only being Bagramon but also being able to bend space to bring the other heroes over didn't get used at all for any other cross-over appearances in the franchise (like Mirei does in Cyber Sleuth). *Shaking my head...*
    Mirei is in like...everything, CS, Next 0rder...HM...

I was all stoked for a Xros Wars next season until hunters came out. They really kicked the bucket with that one. The more I think of it, the more potential Savers has. McGann's right, there are so many new areas to explore, so many avenues to go.
    Currently Raising:

20th anniversary V-Pet (Alphamon Version)
    Biyomon and Gazimon

Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel Add Solomon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Kingbeemon, the idea of digimon vs aliens could actually be jackpot for the series, whether it be a sequel of Tamers or a brand new series. What I'm afraid they start milking the series and ruin it like they did IMO with tri.
    Personally, I think the idea would be a bit too far-fetched imo. Though seeing Digimon battling each other just above Earth's atmosphere on the edge of space would be a pretty badarse scenario.

As much as I love Tamers and would be super happy to see those characters again, Tamers was pretty much perfect and I'm kind of scared of them making a less-than-stellar sequel and souring me on Tamers. The drama CDs and my own fanfic more than satisfies my need for any Tamers continuation.

Appmon is also great and had a good ending, but I feel like there's a lot of AI-related stuff they could write about, and I would especially love to see them explore Yuujin's character more. The ending brought up just as many questions about his existence as it did answers. Like, philosophical questions even, about what it means to be human, and our relationship with increasingly advanced artificial intelligence. On the other hand though, the Applidrivers have already fought a Book of Revelation-style Apocalypse, so I'm not sure what a sequel could possibly do to up the ante. Perhaps, like with Tamers, my desire to see these characters again is best served by my own fanmade content.

Cyber Sleuth (both stories) turned into a series would be great too.

Add RestInPain on Facebook
    Really want to see Tamers get it's sequel. I want to know were they truly-Spoilers. But yeah Tamers and Savers need it the most.

I'm going digital
    @bwg it might be cool if done right if it's like Pacific rim I think it would be cool.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast