With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 20th Anniversary Mini Card Sets- New Digimon Confirmed Plus Images of Every Card!

I come from the net
    Did somebody notice that Alphamon's new attack with three orb glowing? Unless if it's switched from the usual 1st attack to the second attack, never mind then.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by BantyoStingmon View Post
    the overprotagonism of certain digimon (alphamon and omegamon) is in my opinion killing this franchise who have more than 1000 digimon to choose.
    On the contrary, those certain characters are popular and their merchandise tends to sell well, in turn keeping the franchise alive. Much like the plethora of WarGreymon figures out there. Like it or not, that's just how it is \_(ツ)_/

Follow XDragon On Twitter Visit XDragon's Youtube Channel Add XDragon on Steam Add XDragon on DeviantArt Visit XDragon on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BantyoStingmon View Post
    the overprotagonism of certain digimon (alphamon and omegamon) is in my opinion killing this franchise who have more than 1000 digimon to choose.
    On the contrary, those certain characters are popular and their merchandise tends to sell well, in turn keeping the franchise alive. Much like the plethora of WarGreymon figures out there. Like it or not, that's just how it is \_(ツ)_/
    To follow up with this, Pokemon, another franchise based on monsters features an electric rodent as its mascot and the driving force behind merchandise. They also have a fire breathing red dragon and a blue and black furry like creature

It helps to have a representation of a brand, Omegamon, Alphamon and WarGreymon are the faces of Digimon, so why wouldn't they be featured?
    Last edited by XDragon; 01-12-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    Currently Raising:

20th anniversary V-Pet (Alphamon Version)
    Biyomon and Gazimon

I think the coloring and shading, plus the energy effects and ugly background make the designs look busier than they actually are. Compare it to Ulforce Vdramon, Dynasmon and other Xantibodies. The contrast and stark shadows are so gaudy! Anyone else know what I mean? I hope we get 3D models or lineart in the future. I actually like these guys a lot more than the originals but there's something a little off about them. I hope I warm up to them because I was so excited for these.
    Last edited by flintlock; 01-12-2018 at 02:30 PM.

I come from the net
    Yeah I know what you mean. I think both Sleipmon X and Craniummon X are bit unique compared to other Royal Knight's X forms because, that with the interview translation said to go easy on heavy detailed arts could affect the art style of that two like Jaybird C's post about the general X-Antibody self indulgence of pointy edges. Honestly those two are standing out because of their ghost transparent hair aura thingy and their weapons didn't get upgraded that emits lightsaber glowing instead. In fact, I felt like both shares same "traits" for themselves rather than other Royal Knight members. Might be that "protective guardian" vibes they gave off probably?

Quote Originally Posted by Paruseruru mafubu View Post
    Almost all X Antibody Digimon have those glowing green stones somewhere on its body (horns, armor, forehead, etc.). Its called "As'ma Green" if I recall correctly. Named after the artist designing the X Antibody Digimon, As'maria. Black War Greymon X Antibody has a red version of it.
    Took an interest and looked it up -- "As'ma Green" is Kenji Watanabe's name for the glowing green armor-lights that As'maria kept incorporating into his designs for Chronicle. They aren't universal, but they're more common at the Mega level.

That said, these two wear their Green like it's going out of style.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    I think the coloring and shading, plus the energy effects and ugly background make the designs look busier than they actually are.... The contrast and stark shadows are so gaudy!
    I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding the contrast -- it's present equally across the board, giving you nowhere to direct your gaze because the design wants it everywhere at once.

Also, Sleipmon's pose is awful. Dude looks like he's got three arms and five legs because the remaining limbs are positioned in exactly the wrong locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Honestly those two are standing out because of their ghost transparent hair aura thingy and their weapons didn't get upgraded that emits lightsaber glowing instead. In fact, I felt like both shares same "traits" for themselves rather than other Royal Knight members. Might be that "protective guardian" vibes they gave off probably?
    Their weapons have been upgraded -- Sleipmon's bowstring and arrows are all made of light and the Claiomh Solais is extra spikey and Green. And I don't actually mind the glowing fireball hair -- that was actually the last thing I noticed (and I actually quite like such things done well -- Sakuramochi, the artist for the fan-based Digimon Infinity, does such energy effects beautifully, for example).
    It's all part of the mystery or whatever.

I come from the net
    I know. I'm cool with the light arrows of Sleipmon X since it's infinite ammo for him which is epic. I wonder if that bowstring and arrows being made up of glowing lightsaber actually or obtained Holy element since Sleipmon is Holy Knight also Kudamon wears Holy ring. Hard to tell which because Sleipmon uses fire and ice element at once.

Yeah they are upgraded that's because I felt like it's more of modified weapons just because, you know it lacked glowing lightsabers... Still, I'm actually disappointed about one certain thing for Sleipmon X's bow. It's not equipped on its arm anymore, right now handling bow takes efforts... I hope that bow still can be equipped to its arms somehow... It's good thing those arrows are pure light so no efforts in firing arrows plus no stress is plus for me!

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Sleipmon:

スルトブランダー Surtrbrandur
    niflheimr arrest is right
    I looked into it a bit more since i've been wondering about this;
    The wikipedia page is referencing the word 'surtarbrandur', Icelandic for 'lignite', a kind of rock, which is as you mentioned referencing Surtr. But it is spelt with an A (surtarbrandur) which doesn't fit the katakana (and they pronounce the final 'dur' with a proper [u] vowel instead of the way we pronounce it in English).
    Apparently 'brandr' is also Old Norse for brand/firewood though, so maybe Surtr Brandr could work but I don't think it would've been written as ブランダー.. Japanese often omits the Norse word-final r.
    The picture is also tiny so there's also the possibility it could really be 'plunder', so I think I'll just wait for bigger pics.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    since both fight and war in Japan means 戦い, I guess it's still correct to use it that way. Also, anyway, the entire attack name means literally "war of Heodening", which in japanese wikipedia is called ヒャズニングの戦い as I gave the link above. Also I checked google translate pronounciation of "Walke" and it's still spelled "walke" unlike the german word which "w" word becomes "v" in the spelling
    I wouldn't trust google translate pronunciation..having native speaker input is best, but if not I find wikipedia's ipa pages for the various languages quite helpful (if there aren't already dictionaries with the ipa online).
    According to Ainz on Wikimon it's 'Waltz', and i really should've thought of that since Craniummon had a waltz attack too haha.

lol I didnt know Sleipmon have 4 arms until you pointed it out

I come from the net
    Whoa those sure are X-Digimon. Really nice. Good sets of cards there. Really nice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345