With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: 20th Anniversary Mini Card Sets- New Digimon Confirmed Plus Images of Every Card!

  1. #21
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,640
    Craniummon X's arms turned into bones is pretty cool.

    I really like the fabulous radiant hair of Sleipmon. Sleipmon X look less handsome because of that ahoge and thinner hair on its head and ponytail. He grew a horn heh. Sleipmon X's design look like it's streamlined.

    I noticed both have same glowing hairs.... It bothers me...

  2. #22
    Junior Commander Jaybird C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    293
    Turning Craniumon into a skull-knight is actually a very cool idea (and shows the original for kind of a generic waste) that I think suffers from the general X-Antibody self indulgence of pointy edges.

    I am avowedly not a fan of Sleipmon's new design -- it's overstuffed with so much bling and detail that it's hard to take in because every part of him is simultaneously competing for your attention and blurring together. (Totally would've missed that fourth arm if Sparrow Hawk hadn't pointed it out). Is... is his chest doing that Transforming Mecha thing where the more humanoid face pops out of a cavity in the more animalistic head during transformation (cf. Imperialdramon). Because it looks like he's got a horse-head for a chest.
    It's all part of the mystery or whatever.

  3. #23
    I come from the net Garmmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,328
    Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Sleipmon:

    スルトブランダー Surtrbrandur
    niflheimr arrest is right

    Craniummon:

    ヒャズニングワルケ Heodening Walke (Hjašning Walke)
    グランドクリースル Grand Hrethel

    reference:

    Surtrbrandur: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82...83%AB%E3%83%88
    Surtrbrandur means the burned tree of Surtr as the wikipedia said

    Heodening Walke (Walke means war in Polish): https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83...88%A6%E3%81%84

    Hrethel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hrethel
    nice, thanks!
    how did you get 'Hrethel' from クリースル though? From what I know Hrethel is usually written フレーゼル/レーゼル, I know word-initial h is pronounced stronger but I don't think it'll be written as k?

  4. #24
    Junior Commander Nemomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Since You mentioned Polish...

    "Walke" is an incorrect word that also has a typo. In Polish the word for "war" is "wojna". "Walka" means "a fight". If ワルケ was really meant to be a nod to Polish, it should be translated as "walkę" which means "(this/that) fight". Also, personally I would translate "walkę" as ヴアルケー because ワ sounds more like ケー (of course without the -a part in ワ and k- part in ケ) than "w".
    Last edited by Nemomon; 01-12-2018 at 01:55 AM.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

  5. #25
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Since You mentioned Polish..."Walke" is an incorrect word that also has a typo. In Polish the word for "war" is "wojna". "Walka" means "a fight". If ワルケ was really meant to be a nod to Polish, it should be translated as "walkę" which means "(this/that) fight". Also, personally I would translate "walkę" as ヴアルケー because ワ sounds more like ケー (of course without the -a part in ワ and k- part in ケ) than "w".
    since both fight and war in Japan means 戦い, I guess it's still correct to use it that way. Also, anyway, the entire attack name means literally "war of Heodening", which in japanese wikipedia is called ヒャズニングの戦い as I gave the link above. Also I checked google translate pronounciation of "Walke" and it's still spelled "walke" unlike the german word which "w" word becomes "v" in the spelling
    Last edited by DATS24; 01-12-2018 at 02:23 AM.

  6. #26
    Completely digital wildwing64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Billericay, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    862
    Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    I love how each set contains at least one Omegamon card.

  7. #27
    I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,252
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Wow I swear at first glance I thought it was Gaioumon Burst Mode xD Anyways, I'm not gonna lie, I usually prefer natural X-Antibody carriers like Dracumon or Dorumon over the X-counterparts with only a few exceptions, but still Oh My Lord that artstyle is really impressive!!!! And the lore of the X-Digimon being expanded is so dope!!

    Ps. I need that Rasielmon card so bad!!

  8. #28
    Junior Commander Nemomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Also I checked google translate pronounciation of "Walke" and it's still spelled "walke" unlike the german word which "w" word becomes "v" in the spelling
    Right now I'm on a cell and in work, so I can't go into details. If You wish, I will go once I will return home. But since I'm Pole, and for recent 10-11 years I worked (and still am) as a proofreader (of card and board games) I think I know better than a google translate how to pronounce Polish words .
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

  9. #29
    I come from the net flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,007
    Follow flintlock On Twitter
    These new card sets have some great art and it all looks so good but I officiallly have Omegamon and Royal Knights fatigue now and can't bring myself to be excited about them anymore. There was an Anniversary TCG ages ago with a Royal Knights that I picked up so I'm good.

    I do like the new X Antibody mons but only about half the cards in this set interest me so I kind of regret buying it. At least they split it up though.

    I didn't like the last two or three card sets either. I hope this means better sets in the future though.

    Jaybird C Sleipmon always had two heads, lol.
    Last edited by flintlock; 01-12-2018 at 04:18 AM.

  10. #30
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird C View Post
    Turning Craniumon into a skull-knight is actually a very cool idea (and shows the original for kind of a generic waste) that I think suffers from the general X-Antibody self indulgence of pointy edges.

    I am avowedly not a fan of Sleipmon's new design -- it's overstuffed with so much bling and detail that it's hard to take in because every part of him is simultaneously competing for your attention and blurring together. (Totally would've missed that fourth arm if Sparrow Hawk hadn't pointed it out). Is... is his chest doing that Transforming Mecha thing where the more humanoid face pops out of a cavity in the more animalistic head during transformation (cf. Imperialdramon). Because it looks like he's got a horse-head for a chest.
    That's the problem I have with Sleipmon X and I usually really like over designed characters designs.

    It just feels too overstuffed for it's own good. You really can't make out anything from far away. Without a good close up it looks like a mess. Also Sleipmon has always had the MirageGaogamon like head on the chest.

    Though all that being said it, the over design nature of it oddly fitts in with the X-Antibody theme.

    I really love Craniummon X though. For a Digimon that's design came from a generic final boss in World X he's really gone up in the world.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •