With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digivolving Spirits 01 Wargreymon- Breakdown, Scans, Photos

Digivolving Spirits 01 Wargreymon- Breakdown, Scans, Photos

Who doesn't love shipping delays?

The first figure in the new Digivolving Spirits line, Wargreymon!

Released at the very end of November in Japan and the US in the middle of December, Digivolving Spirits 01 WarGreymon is the first in a series of Digimon figures that hearkens back to one of the primary toy lines of the franchise.

Being the first figure in the line, they've decided to go out of their way to effectively 'remake' one of the more popular figures from the line, and to do so from scratch (the figure was popular enough that in the USA they were making a recolored version of it thru the end of Tamers run.) The WarGreymon Digivolving Spirits figure has visual similarities to the old figure, but nothing of the original figure's actual design or mold remains.

The scans went mostly fine, minus that the box is slightly slippery to the touch. This meant that it kept trying to slide while the scanner was running. I had to rescan elements of the box multiple times, along with finding things to hold it in place.

First up, the packaging.

The scan of the front of the box is at the top of the article. A photo of the front is included here.

The front of the box has a clean style to it with some nice flair. The logo for the line has been a combined English/Japanese logo since we first saw it, and just below is the name of the figure (along with his lower form and the part of the franchise he's from just above.) Having the number underneath so huge is no doubt to help it stand out well on a shelf side by side with future figures.

Up in the top left corner we also get a reflective Diecast Evolution 'plate' that they're putting on figures in the line to show off it having diecast metal. The bottom right corner has company logos, along with the Digimon Adventure logo.

The high point of the front has to be the new artwork by longtime Digimon designer Kenji Watanabe. The artwork of Agumon and WarGreymon is designed to have little touches and flourishes based on the figure itself (most notable being what we can see of WarGreymon's shield being curved like Agumon's head.)

The front of a box is the first thing you see when you get a toy, and this one truly looks great.

The sides of the box feature the different forms of the figure, along with bits of the artwork that go past the front of the box.

A nice touch is the eight crest symbols on the right side of the box with Agumon.

The top has the logo, along with silhouettes for the figures. Very basic and nice.

The bottom has various legal and informational details.

The only notable difference between Japanese and US figure stock is here. Bluefin, the US distributor for Tamashii products, including Digivolving Spirits, has added a small label with various information they need to incldue.

The back of the box features various text and logo touches from the front, along with some nice images of the figure itself.

Most of the text is in both English and Japanese, and the small amount that isn't is the basic profile information for Agumon and WarGreymon that we've all seen a number of times.

We also get a small preview of the second figure in the line, MetalGarurumon!

When the top of the box is opened there are flaps on either side.

The left flap shows WarGreymon, along with a crest of courage symbol. This is included with cut guidelines in case they decide to do a campaign in the future that requires proof of purchase.

The right flap features Agumon! Agumon is asking buyers to fill out the survey that's included with the instructions.

There is one more flap actually...

There is a small flap on the top of the box that folds behind the back of the box. All it has is a little bit of text...

Agumon, Warp Evolve~! Wargreymon!!
    A 100% unnecessary touch that most people will likely never even notice. But it's a very fun thing to have there.

Then we have the instruction sheet included.

The instructions are a single sheet printed on both sides, folded in half twice.

The instruction sheet is in Japanese, but with key bits in English.

The survey that was mentioned is a link to an online survey instead of an actual physical form to fill out.

One touch that is nice is where they sketch outlines and slightly white out areas they are talking about it to make it extra clear what parts they are referring to.

The instructions overall appear reasonably clear, but I wish the whole thing was translated.

As for the figure itself...

I was going to take various photos, but since it's been awhile since the release of the figure and there is already a thread for it with some good photos (with more hopefully to show up as more people get their figure in) I recommend looking there. I doubt I could do better at the moment. In the future I'm looking at improving the setup I use for photographing this type of thing...

But I couldn't help myself to take a few from the figure still in the plastic shell once I removed that from the box.

Packaged as WarGreymon, but not 100% transformed yet (a few pieces are closed for more solid shipping) the first thought on seeing the figure is how impressive it looks.

Removing the front of the shell lets you more clearly see the figure. And when you see the plastic, the metal, and the paint... it just looks fantastic.

My resolve will likely weaken and I'll take more photos at some point

WarGreymon is a great start to the line, and of course, despite only one figure being out, we have details of many others.

MetalGarurumon, Diablomon, and Angewomon are already up for pre-order.
    Alphamon will likely go up for pre-order soon.
    And we've seen prototypes and/or art for: AtlurKabuterimon, HolyAngemon, Garudamon, Lilymon, Zudomon, Dukemon, and Ouryumon.

I'm looking forward to all of them to be honest.

The images can all be found in the gallery.

The scans are small compared to the master scans I did (the work and backup folder structure for the scans and photos are just a touch over 10 gigs.)

Lots of Digimon stuff is coming out soon and supporting us via our Patreon or donations would be greatly appreciated so that we can do more breakdowns and improve the site. Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the figure.

If you want to discuss the figure itself there is a discussion thread here.

Also, prior to the release of the figure, Tamashii put up information regarding the production of the figure, which we've translated:
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon Design Process and Production Images, Part 1
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon Design Process and Production Images, Part 2

If you want to get the figure Digivolving Spirits Wargreymon is still available to order (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate link):
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA

Alphamon was recently announced as figure #05, but there are no pre-order details for him yet.

Thanks to garm for some translated details.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow LookItsR3 On Twitter Add LookItsR3 on Discord Visit LookItsR3's Youtube Channel Add LookItsR3 on Steam Add LookItsR3 on DeviantArt
    Damn, that's pretty neat. Used to have a transforming WarGreymon as a kid, this is definitely plucking at the nostalgia strings for me. Got a severe lack of Digimon merch on display rn, may have to pick one up for myself

I should be getting mine on Wednesday
    thanks amazon

I come from the net
    That is really nice. Thanks for the pictures Marc.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I've been in the forum for 3 years, and I really appreciate the job you guys from WtW do. This is in fairness the best Digimon site in the Internet, and you have my total respect for that. But I need to do a suggestion here. I mean, wouldn't be more wise to save the funds of the site in order to do a breakdown of some other precious items like the Digital Monster Artbook Ver.1~5&20th, that truly provides interesting information about the creation of the Digimon itself and so much more, instead of this kind of more rehashed figures or the never-ending tri. products both in Japan or overseas, such as dubbed DVD, limited editions, and so on!? Just a thought.

Splurged on the Complete Memory Set, so I've had mine for a few weeks.

Definitely a fun figure. The clear plastic feels a bit more brittle (probably is) so I've half a mind to get the original just so I can play around with the transforming feature more. But it's brilliantly designed, if a little specific in certain areas; less for kids than adult collectors, if that wasn't obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I've been in the forum for 3 years, and I really appreciate the job you guys from WtW do. This is in fairness the best Digimon site in the Internet, and you have my total respect for that. But I need to do a suggestion here. I mean, wouldn't be more wise to save the funds of the site in order to do a breakdown of some other precious items like the Digital Monster Artbook Ver.1~5&20th, that truly provides interesting information about the creation of the Digimon itself and so much more, instead of this kind of more rehashed figures or the never-ending tri. products both in Japan or overseas, such as dubbed DVD, limited editions, and so on!? Just a thought.
    I'll spend my personal funds on what I want to. I spend reasonably large amounts on the site as it is (more than I reasonably should to be honest) and if I want to buy myself a figure, I will.

I didn't buy it to scan it, I bought it and it was sitting behind me and I decided 'eh, why not' and went ahead and scanned the packaging.

As for donations, I attempt to have them go to what the person wants whenever possible, and despite you asking numerous times about if we'd do the artbook in the last month, the handful of people who donate have donated hoping I'll be able to do other things.

You find it interesting and want it done. Plenty of people don't, and you bringing it up and over again, both publicly and privately doesn't change that.

You don't get to decide what's important or 'interesting' enough. If a donator or a Patreon supporter has their own personal concerns, they are always welcome to get in touch with me. It isn't that hard to get in touch with me after all (and people who donate seem pleased with where the money goes in general.)

As it is, not going to do it. I have other things to spend my limited funds on at the moment, as opposed to buying a book that I'd have to disassemble and then spend days working on (since as I mentioned above, people who have donated don't really seem to care about the book.)

If someone wants the artbook done they're welcome to donate and I'll see what I can do to make it happen based on available funds.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    If someone wants the artbook done they're welcome to donate and I'll see what I can do to make it happen based on available funds.
    damn right man you tell him!, to be honest I've been here off and on without an actual account since the last site i was at closed down and redirected me here, and always loved seeing the new digimon news no matter what it is, especially if its toys, games and the anime
    still praying for fusion 2/season 3 if that random wiki mention is right, anyway good job and
    " I appreciate you now isn't that just great!"
    Last edited by MarcFBR; 01-07-2018 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Shortened quotebox

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Marc my apologies if you got offended somehow, it wasn't my intention at all. Maybe I misunderstood how the site works. I mean, I thought all the breakdowns, scans, etc. were purchased with the funds that the site have because of donations, etc. I have never thought some (or all) of them were bought entirely by you, so again I'm sorry if I sounded out of place here. I was also convinced that the page had a limited resources and you guys should decide which products to acquire and which ones not, and if that was the case, I was just suggesting that maybe there are some ones more important than others (the last Digimon Artbook we had was in 2009 if I recall correctly, and as I mentioned before, this one contains really valuable information for Digimon that would be great to know, just saying). Again if there's a way to donate without using PayPal, I'll be more than glad to make my contribution

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I thought all the breakdowns, scans, etc. were purchased with the funds that the site have because of donations, etc
    It does not work that way, and even if it did, you don't get to decide for everyone else what is interesting enough for their money.

I was also convinced that the page had a limited resources and you guys should decide which products to acquire and which ones not
    We do have limited resources, and we do decide what to get and what not to. I have little interest in spending my money to pull apart a book and spend hours working on it. Donators have generally been disinterested in it also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast