With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Updated Social Media and Contact Postbits

Updated Social Media and Contact Postbits

An update for everyone who likes linking to their stuff!

We've made a few updates to the various postbits (the little bits on the left side under your avatar that let you add various sites and social media service links.)

First up, we've removed AIM and MSN Messenger since both services are defunct. Yahoo works differently and is mostly abandoned at this point, but the usernames still work so we are leaving that one for now.

In addition we've removed Myspace and replaced it with Discord. Myspace seemed to just be taking up room.

Due to the lack of an API to integrate Discord in, we've set it to show the DiscordTag/Username. It seemed like the best way to integrate it.

We've also cleaned up the instructions of what to add for each service to make it a bit easier since a few people seemed unsure what to add in the profile section to activate each.

Adding accounts for the postbits can be done by going to your edit profile page and each postbit has a little input box with instructions.

We're considering a few other potential changes:
    Removing Google Plus, due to it's general disuse.
    We've historically left out Playstation while having Xbox since there is an actual way to link to an Xbox account. Based on interest we may just do something akin to Discord for Playstation.
    Ditto for the Switch and 3DS perhaps?
    Yahoo (as mentioned above) and ICQ both still exist, but perhaps due to less usage over time those should be removed also.
    Twitch?

If people have suggestions for others that may be worth adding and dealing with feel free to share.

More stuff coming in the next few days.

Don't forget to join our Patreon or donate which helps the site.

And of course, join our Discord chat server to discuss Digimon and plenty of other things!

Other recent site related updates can be found in our New Year's post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I wouldn't do 3DS as it's getting discontinued this year.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    yea but the 2ds is still going to be in production right?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by vipertongn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    yea but the 2ds is still going to be in production right?
    Looks like you're right.

Can't see it lasting that long though.

I come from the net
    I'd add PSN and Switch but make it low priority. I'm surprised we still had Myspace. And we don't even have Facebook? heh heh I'd maybe drop Yahoo and ICQ bu again, low priority. G+? Same. Twitch? We have Skype so why not. ..Not really connected but still.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    I'd add PSN and Switch but make it low priority. I'm surprised we still had Myspace. And we don't even have Facebook? heh heh I'd maybe drop Yahoo and ICQ bu again, low priority. G+? Same. Twitch? We have Skype so why not. ..Not really connected but still.
    We have Facebook. It's been on there ages.

I come from the net
    ...Wow did I not see that. Oh well, my mistake. I didn't see it mentioned and us still having Myspace may has distracted/confused me.