With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Luna wants to talk about Frontier

Add KaenKazui on DeviantArt Add KaenKazui on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Luna View Post
    Umm..I went back to check to make sure and Takuya's mom is already talking on the land phone when the scene starts. The mobile phone rings and Takuya says "keitai!" (mobile phone) and his mom does not pay attention so he looks at it and sees the message. To me it really looks like it's not his own phone. Otherwise why would he warn his mom that it's ringing.
    You are right. She is already on the phone. My bad.

I still think it is Takuya's phone, as before Takuya says "keitai" you hear a different ring tone. You hear the ring tone. He yells. You hear another ring tone. He looks at the phone he takes to the digital world.

Considering that we can see Ophanimon phoning everybody else (like the dad in the very beginning and the truck driver) I think his mom just did also get some sort of message from Ophanimon.

Aaa yes that would make more sense. He warns her that her cell is ringing and then his own gets the message after. Cool.

I'm going digital
    Visit DigitalCorp's Youtube Channel
    I started getting turned off after Takuya and Koji were the only ones to get Fusion Evolutions, then Ancient Spirit Evolutions..... why did the others miss out?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCorp View Post
    I started getting turned off after Takuya and Koji were the only ones to get Fusion Evolutions, then Ancient Spirit Evolutions..... why did the others miss out?
    I feel you there. I guess you can compare that with how only Taichi and Yamato got the ultimate evolution in season 1. Same with Daisuke and Ken with Imperialdramon. That's just the power of the google boy and the lone wolf characters.

Though in this case, I'm fine with Takuya and Kouji being the only ones to get Hyper Evolution, but there's really no reason why the other kids didn't get at least the double spirit evolution. Especially since the designs exist. The anime states that Seraphimon's egg ran out of power after giving these two the power for double evolution, but they easily could have used Ofanimon and Cherubimon's eggs to give the power to the other four.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    The math works out and everything. Or, since Seraphimon’s Spirits were Flame and Light, the Ophanimon and Cherubimon eggs could have been of use to the Spirits they had held. Would have livened up the Royal Knights arc, perhaps.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I would have died for seeing Izumi, Tomoki and Junpei achieving their Ancient Forms. Ancient Irismon is definitely one of my favourites designs of all times. In the case of Kouchi, I prefer by far Raihimon over Ancient Sphinxmon (wasn't even confirmed that Raihimon was going to appear in the anime because of following the same design pattern as Ardhamon and Beowulfmon?). It would have been nice that the other four would eventually got their Ancient Forms too at some point. Also Duskmon/Velgrmon coming back as a separate entity and 'Hey! I used to be a bad boy but now I'm reading to put Lucemon in the lane'. And maybe Bokomon and Neemon warp evolving into Mercurymon and KingEtemon (my headcanons) in the final battle...So much potential for a sequel ^_^

You say achieving their ancient forms, but Ancient Greymon and Garurumon only appear in the movie. They were not really Takuya or Kouji, but just the actual spirits that were summoned. Or did I misunderstand ?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    No, I think Shadow Shinji is just saying that he would have liked the kids to evolve to the Ancient Warriors, like they did in the Frontier Battle Spirit game. The fused Spirits are supposed to be stronger than the Warrior Ten members, though.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

We already discussed this briefly earlier, but I was rewatching today and noticed something I had missed before. In the intro of episode 34, the narrator says: "When Kouji's brother Kouichi stepped out to save everyone, Kouji 's digivice split in two."

And also later in the episode, Ophanimon says "Luckily Seraphimon told me where the remaining 5 spirits were hidden and I guided you to them. That's when Cherubimon gave the Spirit of Darkness to a child who had ended up in this world"

However, I believe "a child who had strayed in this world" is the correct translation since she says "mayoi konde" which means to go astray, to lose one's way.​

Anyways! What I want to say is, both these things suggest that Kouichi was not a chosen child. His digivice came from Kouji's (I wouldn't have known if the narrator didn't mention it, cause it's not very clear) and not from his own cellphone (if he had one) or from any personal item of his. Like he wasn't meant to have one. And then Ophanimon saying Cherubimon gave the spirits to a child who strayed into the world suggests that Ophanimon did not plan for this. Nothing suggests Kouichi got a message from Ophanimon. In fact, he mentions "seeing Kouji on the train to Shibuya", indicating it was a coincidence he followed Kouji that day. (But is there really such a thing as coincidence in this world). I doubt Kouichi having an accident and coming to the Digital World as a spirit only was something she would want.

A counter argument to this though, could be how she told Kouji "the mysteries surrounding you will be solved", as if she knew about the whole lost twin thing.(Did she?) Saying the mystery would be solved implies she knows Kouji and Kouichi will meet. And also when Velgemon is about to attack Kouji she tells him to remember who he is, as if she is fully aware of who Kouichi is.

Another counter argument could be that she didn't send a message to Kouichi because she knew he'd be following Kouji to the train anyways. It was just unfortunate that he fell down the stairs. Probably he would have made it to the trailmon if that had not happened?

A counter-counter argument though: She called many children to the Digital World, as if she didn't know which ones would be chosen. She was just hoping five of them would be good. Then why did she tell Kouji about the mystery stuff? Did she actually know that he would be chosen? We don't know if she sent any cryptic message to any other random kid we didn't meet. Why would she bother with Kouichi when the spirit of darkness were with the bad guy, so not available? Or did she go as far as planning for Kouichi to come and be a bad guy if it was necessary, knowing he would be saved later and that he would be needed to "trigger" Susanoomon's evolution? But if that's the case, she could have planned for 4 more kids to come and be Mercuremon and co once they had been purified. Many believe it was meant to be Katsuharu and co but Ophanimon said that only kids who are pure would answer her call and they're bullies so they can't be that pure.. Maybe Kouichi wasn't pure either cause he had darkness inside him?

But I digress and I think too much!
    Last edited by Sapphire Luna; 02-24-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Add KaenKazui on DeviantArt Add KaenKazui on Google+
    I always saw the first episode and what we later saw in Frontier as proof that Ophanimon did indeed not know, who was going to be chosen. She just called many, many children into the digital world hoping some of them might, erm, "sync up" with the spirits (which is what I believe we see, when the kids are in the train and just going over the boarder to the digital world with the H-Spirit-forms appearing over them for a moment).

Which again and again brings me to the question of why exactly with all the many many children, who have entered the digital world, as we later see, often in crowded Trailmons, four of the chosen children were on the same Trailmon and also alone on that Trailmon. That seems awefully coincidental. As well as the fact that for some reason Kouji was completely alone on his Trailmon o.ô"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast