With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Luna wants to talk about Frontier

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Interesting. What materials are you referring to, specifically?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'm going digital
    @kagex are you saying for other evil spirits that's not their true firm but one molded by cherubimon?

And what material says this?

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I'm not too sure there's anything that says so. Kage has a bad habit of liberally inventing fanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingbeemon View Post
    @kagex are you saying for other evil spirits that's not their true firm but one molded by cherubimon?
    No, they are. Remember the scene where we saw all ten Human Spirits and Ranamon/company among them? And/or the bit where their eggs were colorcoded to their Human Spirit (Ranamon's blue, Mercury's lime-green and spotted)?
    Last edited by Xadhoom; 01-17-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Red shirt
    I would have to look it up again, as there is frankly a lot of supplementary commentary by the creators for Digimon, both in official stuff and in interviews.

I do however distinctly recall being introduced to it by someone else to back up this point.

However it must be said some of the supplementary stuff we are best off ignoring though.

Like that one interview about Taichi and Hikari in Adventure...............

That is something I think we can all agree is better off being being put in a Big Box Labelled NOPE! and shoved away somewhere to be forgotten.

But in any case talking about this reminds me, does anyone know if was it ever confirmed that someone else was supposed to be pulling Lucemon's Strings and was intended to be the True Big Bad before being cut for time, or was that just a Persistent Rumor from back in the day?

That was one of many bullshit rumors about Frontier by a certain person years ago.

Red shirt
    That was one of many bullshit rumors about Frontier by a certain person years ago.
    Good to know.

Honestly after awhile with no confirmation I had just chalked it up to the X Stuff coming out and people going a little crazy over GranDracmon's Profile.

Ain't got no mojo... Sapphire Luna's Avatar
    Visit Sapphire Luna's Youtube Channel Add Sapphire Luna on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by KageX View Post

Like that one interview about Taichi and Hikari in Adventure...............

That is something I think we can all agree is better off being being put in a Big Box Labelled NOPE! and shoved away somewhere to be forgotten.
    I don't know what you're referring to and I am both intrigued and scared to ask but I don't tend to believe weird stuff without valid sources.

And about Lucemon, I instead heard that the series was supposed to end after beating Cherubimon. And then when they were given the okay for more episodes they came up with Lucemon pulling Cherubimon's strings. But I've never heard of a higher villain after Lucemon. Surely Lucemon was enough and there was no need for more.

Yeah, I'm sure Frontier lasted exactly as long as it was intended to last.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Lucemon was hinted as early as before episode 10 (forgot which ep) and even he's "silhouetted" in the opening. Story of him also brought several times in the show, so it's really a stupid rumor. There's also the fact that before Frontier, they always make Digimon series to run for about a year, even until now (counting Hunters as extension of XW).

About why Ken the one who did that, i can only give technical reason. First, Ken and the Frontier kids appeared in set along with Yamato and Grani, in "episode segment" you would call "further evolution/gimmick evolution from other heroes" part of the crossover, so it would make more sense and is a nice transition from 02 side to Frontier side. Also it may be just so Ken's VA got more line to do. Why Ken and not others? Maybe because there's not so many selection since even Agumon(Savers) and V-mon were totally mute since their VA are absent (although they got Savers' Agumon VA 2 episodes ago..).Did Ken need to go to Frontier first? I don't think so, remember that the goggleheads (and Masaru) are already seen together, so it's possible that all the xrosovering characters were gathered first before they were scattered around digiquartz.
    Last edited by Idiysar Almond; 01-19-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Ain't got no mojo... Sapphire Luna's Avatar
    Visit Sapphire Luna's Youtube Channel Add Sapphire Luna on DeviantArt
    Another question: what happens if the kids get scanned? When Digimon get scanned, they turned back into Digitama, but what happens to kids? Do they disappear forever? Do they get sent back to the human world? Kouichi is an exception since his body was never in the Digital World.
    Another question would be, why didn't the Royal Knights attempt to scan the kids at all? If their goal was to defeat them, surely scanning them would prevent the kids from coming back again and again?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast