With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Adventure Appears in Anime Next 100 Celebration Short Film & Digimon VAs Singing

Adventure Appears in Anime Next 100 Celebration Short Film & Digimon VAs Singing

2017 is almost over!

The year is almost over and 2017 has generally been recognized as the 100th Anniversary of Anime (you may remember a number of polls NHK did earlier in the year for that reason.)

With the year almost over a short film/video called Anime Next 100, featuring clips from 122 different anime has been released and Digimon Adventure is included. No doubt there are other favorites people will recognize.

As for the music...

The song in the video, "Those With Wings ~Not an Angel Just a Dreamer~", is a song sung by 23 different popular anime singers/VAs (there are actually more than 23 since in a few cases they count groups as singular.)

For Digimon fans, there are a few noticeable appearances among the singers...
    Kenichi Suzumura (Kouichi in Frontier)
    Mimori Suzuko (Sora in tri.)
    Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Rei in Appmon)
    JAM Project (many members of the group were friends with Wada Kouji and would often appear on stage with him, perhaps most notably Masaaki Endou.)

There is also a short clip of the song being recorded.

Those With Wings ~Not an Angel Just a Dreamer~ is available on CD with a music video DVD for 1,620 yen (MSRP) at Amazon Japan. (The music video is a video of the song, not Anime Next 100.)

Thanks to shin for translations
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

That's pretty awesome.

It's weird to think that anime is 100 years old now. Hears hoping that it'll stay strong for another hundred!

THe girl that leapt through time, Kimi na wa, Digimon, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Sailor moon, precure, Natsume yuujinchou(which i am surprised about!), Osomatsu, Haikyuu, Speed racer, Dragon ball, Knight of Rayeath(or something??), Love Live!, Crayon shin-chan, Yuyu hakucho, detective conan, cow boy bebop, one piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fullmetal alchemist, Madoka, lupin
    Those were the ones I recognized. I was suprrised Pokemon was so late, and even then it wasn't the firs season.

Pretty crazy it's been a whole century since Anime began. So much of it has touched our hearts. So here's to another 100!

Digimon Adventure tri. part 6, Our Future!
    Coming out May 5th, Children's Day!
    [Art by http://dejitarugeeto02.tumblr.com/]

I come from the net
    That is pretty impressive. It's really interesting that it's been 100 years since anime. Who would have thought it was that long. I almost thought it'd be longer. Nice to see Digimon in this.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    THe girl that leapt through time, Kimi na wa, Digimon, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Sailor moon, precure, Natsume yuujinchou(which i am surprised about!), Osomatsu, Haikyuu, Speed racer, Dragon ball, Knight of Rayeath(or something??), Love Live!, Crayon shin-chan, Yuyu hakucho, detective conan, cow boy bebop, one piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fullmetal alchemist, Madoka, lupin
    Those were the ones I recognized.
    i also recognized black jack, gatchaman, yowamushi pedal, astro boy, ao no kanata no four rhythm, bungou stray dogs, code geass

I was really surprised to see bungou stray dogs on there above other things like yuri on ice, owari no seraph, or even appmon.

When you can recognize a chunk of anime from that video xD lol

Seeing all the singers/va singing together is soo wonderful to see!

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    Woot woot! Here's to another 100 years of anime