With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Digimon Evolution Line Gaps

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    Something new would be nice. I use Tekkamon there sometimes (and with the mega being alternately zanbamon and tactimon). I guess if you wanted you could make Zanbamon a perfect-level for it.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Tangentially related to the discussion on Grumblemon's origin, here is a video on Thor and Loki meeting the latter's namesake to give you an idea of what trolls are like:
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 01-13-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I come from the net
    Oh so there are types of Trolls. The small one and the giant ones... Hmm GigasTrollmon then?

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Yeah mythologically speaking, Trolls are really diverse as a species in part thanks to the term itself being one of several applied to the jötunn such as the aforementioned Śtgarša-Loki from the video. Olegmon's red shadow Surtr is also named after one of these jötunn.

The jötunn and by extension trolls can vary wildly in appearance from being exceedingly beautiful to alarmingly grotesque. Look up the work of John Bauer whenever you get the chance, he does really good illustrations.

The disposition of trolls can likewise also vary wildly depending on the story though a common trait is that they'll turn to stone if exposed to sunlight.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I come from the net
    Oh right. Jotunn. Frost Trolls. I know that much about them. I have heard of the sunlight thing before.

I was thinking that even though XV-mon's accepted line goes through Paildramon and Imperialdramon, it would be nice if he had his own singular evolutions. V-dramon has had his line for a while, and Stingmon in the last few years got Jewelbeemon and BanchoStingmon. Not really a "missing evolution gap" situation, but it would be welcome. The un-creative part of me is thinking "XYV-mon" and "XYZV-mon".

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    I made an XVdramon and Eclipsedramon for XVmon (as well as CaesarAquilamon and Simurmon for Aquilamon and PanzerAnkylomon and Tarascomon for Ankylomon, and GranVespamon for Stingmon>Jewelbeemon before BanchoStingmon was a thing).

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678