With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Evolution Line Gaps

Digimon Evolution Line Gaps

Based on the game developer interview, what Digimon Evolution Line Gaps would you like to see in any media (anime/game primarily) be expanded upon?

Personally, I do not mind the Four(/Five) Holy Beasts being Ultimate-only per say, but I would love to see the Ultimate Forms of Deva like Cherubimon and other forms as well (like Caesarmon/Seesarmon being so similar to Caturamon that it can be its Adult form).

Olympos XII seems like they might get expanded in the next game. Too bad they have not established a very organized group of Digimon based on the Zodiac.

Do you think that that the Ancient Warriors should have a full line? Any others that come to mind?

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    i don´t think those you mentioned are per-se gaps in evo lines, they are just stand alone megas who could evolve from a couple of other digimon.
    but generally yes, there are some gaps that REALLY bother me, like Revolmon-MagnaKidmon, Tortomon-Eldoradimon, Ogremon-Titamon, Penmon-Daipenmon, Swimmon-MetalPiranhimon.
    aswell as the lack of Megas for almost complete lines like Gekomon or any of the Monzaemons.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    I thought the cardgame implied regular Digimon evolved into the Ancient Digimon. Like, MetalGreymon>AncientGreymon, Dobermon>AncientSphinxmon and we have a regular Wisemon, Volcamon and Mermaimon. That works fine for me. The rest of the spirits never got child forms like Flamon and Strabimon, fusion spirits for the evil spirits except Mercuremon, Impmon never got a unique adult and perfect, and I wish we had a whole new unique line for the Holy Beasts in tri. I hope we get a Wizarmon>Mistimon ultimate for a videogame one day like RustTyranomon too because I don't really like Wisemon. I loved adventure Wizarmon too much so I can't see him as a Piemon lol. I agree a lot with MasterofTartarus' post too, especially Monzaemon and Gekomon, except I disagree about Swimon because Swimmon was made for the Accel with Neptunemon so I think they were made to fill in the aquatic Digimon gap. Swimon>Rukamon>Whamon>Neptunemon.

Also all the recolours whose lines or related mons never got matching recolours, and x antibodies that missed an evolution. Especially orange WarGrowlmon, YukiAgumon, etc. And PlotmonX> TailmonX>nothing>HolydramonX and GomamonX>PlesiomonX

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    BlackSeraphimon isn't a Fusion Spirit, it's a Mega.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I consider it the Steel Fusion equivalent, since it was formed from Mercuremon plus Sephirothmon in the card game.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    In the card game yeah but in the actual story it was made from Mercuremon using Seraphimon's data.

I'm a Maniac
    I wonder why they do not bother with filling gaps in this franchise. Their various designs are so sparse that filling in gaps could produce tons of new designs.
    However, there is always the risk that most of these designs would turn out to be like the hackmon or zubamon line, where each stage is just a bigger and more complex variant of the previous one with no individual identity.

edit: One step in the right direction would be to finally release illustrations of all the digimon whose existence we actually know about, like Earthdramon, Technodramon, the various digimental evolutions, creatures that were only used in the manga, and other obscurities. There are so many mons that they could start using more often without even coming up with new ones.
    Last edited by Grimmon; 12-30-2017 at 04:13 AM.

I would like a new mega for Floramon-Kiwimon-Blossomon. Lotusmon and Rosemon are a bit too humanoid for that line imo, and while Ceresmon works I feel it fits Delumon better.

I'd also like to see an ultimate and mega for Kunemon-Flymon. Kuwagamon and Kabuterimon are so dominant as insect digimon while I feel Flymon gets their leftovers for evolution lines.

Apart from that I agree that the Devas getting their own megas would be nice

I would like to see the Jupitermon evolution line on screen. When he starts out of with Aegiomon and go to each of his Aegiochusmon forms.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    i don´t think those you mentioned are per-se gaps in evo lines, they are just stand alone megas who could evolve from a couple of other digimon.
    but generally yes, there are some gaps that REALLY bother me, like Revolmon-MagnaKidmon, Tortomon-Eldoradimon, Ogremon-Titamon, Penmon-Daipenmon, Swimmon-MetalPiranhimon.
    aswell as the lack of Megas for almost complete lines like Gekomon or any of the Monzaemons.
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    I thought the cardgame implied regular Digimon evolved into the Ancient Digimon. Like, MetalGreymon>AncientGreymon, Dobermon>AncientSphinxmon and we have a regular Wisemon, Volcamon and Mermaimon. That works fine for me. The rest of the spirits never got child forms like Flamon and Strabimon, fusion spirits for the evil spirits except Mercuremon, Impmon never got a unique adult and perfect, and I wish we had a whole new unique line for the Holy Beasts in tri. I hope we get a Wizarmon>Mistimon ultimate for a videogame one day like RustTyranomon too because I don't really like Wisemon. I loved adventure Wizarmon too much so I can't see him as a Piemon lol. I agree a lot with MasterofTartarus' post too, especially Monzaemon and Gekomon, except I disagree about Swimon because Swimmon was made for the Accel with Neptunemon so I think they were made to fill in the aquatic Digimon gap. Swimon>Rukamon>Whamon>Neptunemon.

Also all the recolours whose lines or related mons never got matching recolours, and x antibodies that missed an evolution. Especially orange WarGrowlmon, YukiAgumon, etc. And PlotmonX> TailmonX>nothing>HolydramonX and GomamonX>PlesiomonX
    Like I mentioned, I do not really mind stand-alone Ultimates like the Holy Beasts, but I prefer completion for them like if Andiramon have a full line, I would want a full line for the rest or at least Ultimates for each. For Ancients, there are Wisemon, Mermaimon, and Volcamon which can easily be the Perfects for the three corresponding Ancients, but that is kind of my point, we do not have a corresponding ("feels right") perfects for the rest. For the Olympos XII, Apollomon and Dianamon have a full line and Jupitermon has a partial line, so seeing the completion here would be cool as well. I like completion and equality when evolution lines are concerned and I do not really mind Jogress being extra too much.

When it comes to Wizardmon and Piedmon, I agree. I have considered the Piedmon line to be Dracmon --> Sangloupmon --> Matadormon --> Piedmon. I would like to see a full line for Wizardmon, Sorcerimon, and Witchmon. A Digimon anime centered around Mystical Beings-based Digimons would be really cool.

When Spirit Digimons are concerned, I would like to see the Child equivalent of the less (like Flamemon and Strabimon) and the Double Spirits of the rest (I know that there are the Ice, Wind, Thunder, and Darkness ones unused). I wish that EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon would have been Double Elements (like Rival Elements) rather than Five Elements to see the rest.

I can see the point about Hackmon and Zubamon. Although, I would prefer to have that than none at all.

I am cautiously optimistic for the next game.
    Last edited by Digimon'sDigitalWill; 12-30-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast