With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appmon Ranks 8th Place in Preliminary Fan Vote for Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2018

Appmon Ranks 8th Place in Preliminary Fan Vote for Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2018

A Tokyo Anime Award Festival Update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2018 takes place March 9 thru 12 next year.

The event is an international film festival for animation held annual by the Association of Japanese Animation with a number of categories, some voted on by fans, others by a committee of professionals.

The fan voting category for Television Anime of the Year has been of extreme interest to Digimon fans this year.

Digimon fans voted for Appmon allowing it to rocket up the charts to a far higher position than many would have thought possible and voting has now closed.

Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters ended up ranking 8th in the preliminary fan vote in the TV category.

Voting will re-open in mid-January for the finals of the fan vote categories, where all votes will be reset and only the top 10 will be included this time around.

Thanks to a number of people who sent this in.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    That's good news!! Now the real contest begins By the way, Appmon is also competing in the Anime News Network Mega Poll for becoming the Best anime of the year 2017: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/756/

Maybe this one will help to eventually make its way to the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    That's good news!! Now the real contest begins By the way, Appmon is also competing in the Anime News Network Mega Poll for becoming the Best anime of the year 2017: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/756/

Maybe this one will help to eventually make its way to the West.
    It's certainly good news that it's made it to the final vote section, which I'm not sure many people expected.

As for ANN, every anime news site has these types of yearly polls so we don't tend to list them as news. Voting in them isn't a terrible idea if you want to see how Appmon may rank though.

I don't expect either of these will have 'anything' to do with the show coming west in any fashion, especially since that sort of thing has already begun with it hitting France and Toei outright saying the show has been licensed for a number of regions.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Wait... wasn't Appmon in the 6th place? I remember it dropping down one position (to 7th place), but then it quickly regained the 6th.

Follow clanc On Twitter Add clanc on Facebook Visit clanc's Youtube Channel
    I suppose it dropped to 8th when the poll was closed.

It dropped to eighth place in just the last three days before the poll was closed. A friend of mine in Twitter was freaking up and blaming the fandom because of that xD

Ain't got no mojo... selimpride's Avatar
    Ranbu fans made a last push to make their two shows get higher positions. Unfortunately Appmon dropped because one jumped from 12th to 6th. Before Appmon was just struggling with Princess Principal the days prior.

im mad crying because THAT'S MY BABY

I come from the net
    8 is ok with me. I'm surprised it got that far. Compared to some shows on there. It's just nice to see it get that far.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    And isn't 8 meant to be a lucky number in Japan?
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast