With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portal

Agent Provocateur lost in thought's Avatar
    Follow lost in thought On Twitter Add lost in thought on Discord Visit lost in thought's Youtube Channel Add lost in thought on Steam

Re: Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Amara
    RSS is built into SMF by default. N00bs.
    Now, what's your point? Just because it may or may not be built in doesn't eliminate any facts or pretenses to waiting until Jita makes a decision about it; which is when the possibility of having it either flourishes or doesn't. Just because we have it doesn't mean it's going to be used.
    Follow me on Twitter. Or don't. I wouldn't blame you, no one really needs that kind of negativity in their lives.

Ain't got no mojo...

Quote Originally Posted by Terriermon Fan
    Looks nice and spiffy. It's the same as the one we had in to old forum. Nice job. =D
    Not exactly - the one/two thing(s) I used the portal for is gone: "# New Announcements", so I know whether to go straight to the forums or scroll through the announcements.
    My Webcomic: Waves of Re-Entry

Follow gerjomarty On Twitter Add gerjomarty on Steam

Yeah, just here to say nice portal page Orangutan. I like it much better than the old one. The 'View Unread Posts since last visit' link at the bottom is a particular favourite, thank you for including it.

Follow lost in thought On Twitter Add lost in thought on Discord Visit lost in thought's Youtube Channel Add lost in thought on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Izkata
    Not exactly - the one/two thing(s) I used the portal for is gone: "# New Announcements", so I know whether to go straight to the forums or scroll through the announcements.
    If you're meaning threads/thread replies, from the recent topics column-- it displays 16 --total. If you're meaning thread/thread replies specificly from "Announcements", it shouldn't be a problem to display the most recent of which, but they're already displayed as news.

If neither is what you're talking of, don't hesistate to go ahead and elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by gerjomarty
    Yeah, just here to say nice portal page Orangutan. I like it much better than the old one. The 'View Unread Posts since last visit' link at the bottom is a particular favourite, thank you for including it.
    I am glad you're happy with it, though I am still not 100% happy with the unread posts box. I am considering rewording the request down there, but when I added it I couldn't think of anything better than what is already there.
    Follow me on Twitter. Or don't. I wouldn't blame you, no one really needs that kind of negativity in their lives.

Completely digital

Unread posts is OK. Could also use "View new posts". Doesn't matter too much to me since the results are what we wanted. The rest is just semantics.
    If it isn't in the cards, it doesn't matter.

Ain't got no mojo...

Quote Originally Posted by Gear Orangutan
    Quote Originally Posted by Izkata
    If you're meaning threads/thread replies, from the recent topics column-- it displays 16 --total. If you're meaning thread/thread replies specificly from "Announcements", it shouldn't be a problem to display the most recent of which, but they're already displayed as news.

If neither is what you're talking of, don't hesistate to go ahead and elaborate.
    There was a counter at the top that displayed the number of new announcements since your last visit.

On a side note, if I visit the site and don't look at all the "new post" threads, the old board would mark them all read anyway (so it only counted "new since your last visit" threads as ones with new posts), but this one doesn't. Is there a setting for that?

Ain't got no mojo...

.........I also don't see a way to edit my post.

I wanted to edit in the clarification, "New threads in the announcement forum, not new posts" to my last post.

There was a counter at the top that displayed the number of new announcements since your last visit.

On a side note, if I visit the site and don't look at all the "new post" threads, the old board would mark them all read anyway (so it only counted "new since your last visit" threads as ones with new posts), but this one doesn't. Is there a setting for that?
    As far as the counter goes, I am not sure about one. Certain do-able, if not a tad redundant. As far as making it work like the old forum, there is no option for it, but again-- if Jita wants it, I'll see what I can do about it.

.........I also don't see a way to edit my post.
    Can't, atleast here. Dropped down from Jita, only mods, smods, and admins can edit their posts here.

I wanted to edit in the clarification, "New threads in the announcement forum, not new posts" to my last post.
    New posts in this announcement forum are listed as news. The most recent of which are displayed on the portal page, hence why it exists.

Ain't got no mojo...

Quote Originally Posted by Gear Orangutan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Amara
    RSS is built into SMF by default. N00bs.
    Now, what's your point? Just because it may or may not be built in doesn't eliminate any facts or pretenses to waiting until Jita makes a decision about it; which is when the possibility of having it either flourishes or doesn't. Just because we have it doesn't mean it's going to be used.
    WTF? Just USE it. I mean, if you want to aggregate a feed then no one can STOP you using it. http://wtw-x.net/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml and if you want to qualify that by choosing a number of posts and which boards simply add in board and limit variables.

Quote Originally Posted by crack whore
    WTF? Just USE it. I mean, if you want to aggregate a feed then no one can STOP you using it. http://wtw-x.net/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml and if you want to qualify that by choosing a number of posts and which boards simply add in board and limit variables.
    This has to be the most retarded reply I've yet seen on these boards, seriously, can you not read?

Of course I am not going to "just use it", it isn't my forum to make that choice with. It's Jita's forum, and every modification I've made, and every option, forum, permission, and every other thing I've done has been directly asked for by him; with a variable of freedom as to how the results are.

Also, you know who would stop me? Jita. If Jita doesn't want it he would turn it off, and I am not about to just go and make changes without his knowledge, or turn features on without his knowledge, or, for that matter, his direct want of it. There is no justification for doing that, least of which you telling me to do that since I don't own these forums, or the domain-- I am just the tech guy, and for the client I do as I am asked.

Understand this: As I've said before, I will not make choices for this board ever without the prior conscent of Jita. I neither have the authority or the right, and I am not about to betray the trust Jita has in me to do a decent job for the community, by doing things behind his back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast