With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacker's Memory General Discussion

Hacker's Memory General Discussion

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory is out

This is a general thread to post thoughts, questions, etc. that don't need their own thread and don't make sense for news threads.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's recommended to play the original Cyber Sleuth first, but it doesn't appear to be entirely necessary (although various elements may be less clear if you don't.)

The Japanese version on PS4 includes the original Cyber Sleuth, the international version will not.

If you want to get the game in the US:
    A physical PS4 copy can be bought at Amazon (affiliate link.)
    A digital PS4 copy can be bought from the Playstation Store.

If you want to import the Japanese release of Hacker's Memory it's out at this point (Affiliate Links) The Limited Editions are sold out, but we continue to list them in case additional stock shows up (cancelled orders, etc.)
    PS4
    PS4 Limited Edition
    Vita
    Vita Limited Edition

Updated- It's out in the US, so updated the post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

First of all: is this an spoiler-free topic? Or can I talk to my heart's content?

Ain't got no mojo... selimpride's Avatar
    I liked how Hacker's Memory addressed the issue some fans had with Suedou's reboot, tragic while it was. It was a nice subversion that is typical of reset buttons in other medias where people get their happy endings, which happened in CS but of course not in HaMe. Totally caught me off guard.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled View Post
    First of all: is this an spoiler-free topic? Or can I talk to my heart's content?
    Spoiler tags can be used for anything real spoilery.

Quote Originally Posted by selimpride View Post
    I liked how Hacker's Memory addressed the issue some fans had with Suedou's reboot, tragic while it was. It was a nice subversion that is typical of reset buttons in other medias where people get their happy endings, which happened in CS but of course not in HaMe. Totally caught me off guard.

This is what I liked the most of the game: while CySlu was an heroic, epic story, HaMe is a tragedy. The tale of the mortal beings caught in the middle of battle between heroes and gods...

Ain't got no mojo... selimpride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by selimpride View Post

This is what I liked the most of the game: while CySlu was an heroic, epic story, HaMe is a tragedy. The tale of the mortal beings caught in the middle of battle between heroes and gods...
    It was a Greek tragedy with characters trying to escape their fate. Supposedly the last boss song begins with Carmina Burana by Carl Off. A fitting song for what transpires throughout the whole course of the game and the ending.

Looking forward to playing this next month, but quick question: can Hudiemon only evolve into what's on wikimon?

For what I've seem on forums topics, yeah.

Ain't got no mojo...
    The japanese PSVita version also includes the original Cyber Sleut.

Indeed. A version of CySlu that includes not only the new digimon in HaMe, but also revised stats and attack animations for all digimon. As well as the other goodies HaMe has to offer (as accessories for the main chara and the digimon). Pretty much, its basically a revised edition of CySlu. I hope they include those revisions for the localized game as well, as a patch update or something.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast