With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Disney Purchasing 20th Century Fox

Disney Purchasing 20th Century Fox

One of those times when we have news... but we aren't sure if it'll actually affect us.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the announcement that Disney is purchasing the majority of Fox's entertainment assets it makes us wonder if Digimon the Movie is included and what this may potentially mean.

Various potential deals over the years (without any re-releases of the film that might clarify details) means we aren't 100% sure where the rights to the movie reside at the moment. It may be Fox, Saban Brands, or Toei due to lapsed rights.

Hopefully if Fox does currently have the rights and if they move to Disney after the regulatory review, we see 'something' happen with the movie, even if it's simply Toei rebuying the rights so they could do something with them.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon the Movie was a composite film of the first 3 Japanese Digimon films. In addition, Movies 4 thru 7 were dubbed by Disney as TV films and sort of sit in the same zone of "we don't know what's going on." It's assumed for those films rights either reverted to Toei or were sold to Saban Brands wither other Saban Entertainment related assets they bought a number of years ago (which in that case may mean they reverted to Toei anyways...)

Disney's initial dealings with the Digimon brand came to be due to the purchase of Fox Family Worldwide's assets over 15 years ago.

I think we'd all like a Blu-ray of the film(s) and hopefully even the potential of Toei licensing stuff out for a subtitled release someday.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Visit Flamon's Youtube Channel Add Flamon on Steam Add Flamon on DeviantArt
    I can only imagine the response if they keep that Angela Anaconda skit in a potential re-release.

Lets all just pray that nightmare is gone for good.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I imagine the skit would be treated as something you find in the extras in other DVDs/Blu-rays like how Big Top Scooby Doo has three different episodes on its DVD or the shorts you get with Disney movies.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I come from the net
    I'd cut that short and maybe bury it so far in the extras. But that's just because I don't like that series. This is interesting though.

It was confirmed, the rights now belong to Fox but it's unlikely they'll do anything with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardolindo View Post
    It was confirmed, the rights now belong to Fox but it's unlikely they'll do anything with them.
    No one with any actual knowledge of the rights situation regarding the movie has confirmed anything, and no one we have access to would likely know.

The only places to 'confirm' it are random sites writing junky clickbait articles who have no actual knowledge of who owns what.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.