With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tri. Parts 4, 5, and 6 Showing in US Theaters Dubbed in English

I come from the net
    I'm happy to hear about this. If only I had someone to go with and one to go to.

This is cool to see, but what a bizarre strategy skipping movies 2 and 3 like that. It's nice to see that this will be in a theater near me again, I really didn't care for movies 4 and 5 but a dub can only improve them so I might make a point of going to see both.

Also, I was kinda hoping they would shorten movie 6's name to 'Future' and minor as it is, I'm glad they did.

This is so exciting!! It was amazing to see it in theaters last time, so I'm glad these will get the same treatment. Hopefully the dvd/blu rays won't take as long to come out afterwards like for the first movie though, I felt like that took forever.

Also, they have the run times listed for the movies too. Part four is 1 hour 40 minutes, part five is 1 hour 50 minutes, and part 6 is two hours which I'm sure includes all the bonus stuff too. Hopefully that means that part 6 might actually be around Confession's length and it's not just a lot of extras! (though who knows.. maybe it's just a place holder, but considering Toei is involved too, maybe they already know how long it'll be)?
    Mimi Tachikawa fanboy and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Togemon View Post
    Also, they have the run times listed for the movies too. Part four is 1 hour 40 minutes, part five is 1 hour 50 minutes, and part 6 is two hours which I'm sure includes all the bonus stuff too. Hopefully that means that part 6 might actually be around Confession's length and it's not just a lot of extras! (though who knows.. maybe it's just a place holder, but considering Toei is involved too, maybe they already know how long it'll be)?
    I would assume it's a place holder, as they're unlikely to have an extra edited 9 months early.

They likely just put 2 hours on it for now as that's a time they can certainly fill and provides a good rounded number.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagaren Gao View Post
    This is cool to see, but what a bizarre strategy skipping movies 2 and 3 like that.
    I though Tri Part 3 (English) was broadcasted in theatres too. It seems I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    This is cool to see, but what a bizarre strategy skipping movies 2 and 3 like that.
    I though Tri Part 3 (English) was broadcasted in theatres too. It seems I was mistaken.
    It was shown at some kind of event prior to second movie even releasing.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiU0706 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    It was shown at some kind of event prior to second movie even releasing.
    There was a single screening at Anime Expo 2017, the same event where Part 2 was being sold early.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Well hot damn. I figured (especially after Joshua Seth's tweet) that they'd do one more theater showing, but all three is a nice surprise, and I'm amazed they've planned it all this far in advance. I missed Part 1 in the theater, so I definitely want to catch at least one of these; not sure which yet, but Future is looking good for it.

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    Yippee! This is awesome news! Hopefully this means we'll be getting Part 4 on DVD by next Easter. Really gotta start saving up some cold hard cash. Also, those theatrical posters look wicked. I could totally get behind them.

Visit Tsurugi's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Very exciting.

A bit strange that they cut out the "Our" in Part 6's title but whatever.
    Actually it makes sense considering all the previous Tri movie titles were all one word. They probably wanted to stick with the naming scheme set by what came before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast