With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Hacker's Memory Livestreams for Game Launch

Hacker's Memory Livestreams for Game Launch

Time for a few more livestreams!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, is a Hacker's Memory livestream.

This livestream on nico will be on December 13th at 8pm (Japan time), just a few hours before the game is out. This will be 3am Pacific on the 13th.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The stream will be a playthru of the opening area of the game with Producer Kazumasa Habu, Scenario Writer Kouji Watanabe, and special guest, anime Director Hiroyuki Kakudou.

They also give a vague 'maybe, maybe not' tease for potential new information.

And that isn't it for livestreams...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Hacker's Memory will also be featured on Denjin Gacha on it's release date at 9pm (Japan time), which will also be streamed on nico. This will be 4am Pacific on the 14th.

Denjin Gacha covers many game related topics, so this will most likely be a general preview of the game.

If you want to import the Japanese release of Hacker's Memory it comes out on December 14th. (Affiliate Links) The Limited Editions are sold out, but we continue to list them in case additional stock shows up (cancelled orders, etc.)
    PS4
    PS4 Limited Edition
    Vita
    Vita Limited Edition

The game is currently scheduled for release in the US and the rest of the world on January 19th.

It's currently up for pre-order at Amazon (affiliate link.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Wow amazing!! Maybe they'll show Hudiemon before the release date

The newest Hacker's Memory Livestream is one of the longest ones we've had so far clocking in at over 2 hours. During that time we got no real news or reveals; like the announcement promised it was mostly gameplay of the early levels and conversations between the guests.

After the introductions the stream started off by showing the new 7 minute trailer for Hacker's memory but after that bit of downtime we got to the gameplay rather quickly. As one could expect from the first few missions of a game, we were introduced to many characters and the core mechanics. One of the most significant parts was of course Keisuke getting his first Digimon partner from a hacker who kept a selection of Child level Digimon in captivity (Habu decided to get a Betamon). Just moments later Keisuke gets into a fight with said hacker and is rescued by Ryuji, who then offers him to join his Hacker group Hudie.

Eventually he also meets Erica in a scene that involves Keisuke getting slapped around with her Keyboard/stuffed animal hybrid for quite a while.

It has long been a topic of discussion how exactly Hacker's Memory was going to tie in to the Original Cyber Sleuth. In the gameplay showed some scenes establishing that the story of Hacker's Memory runs in parallel to the plot of Cyber Sleuth itself, such as Keisuke and Ryoji rescuing Agumon and Gabumon from a Hacker who then gets attacked by an Eater as well as Keisuke and Takumi running past each other in a later cutscene.

It might also be worth mentioning that Keisuke actually upholds the trend of being a mostly silent protagonist; Apart from an opening narration and a few instances of inner monologue he mostly seems to communicate with other characters using an assortment of various punctuation marks.

The gameplay was periodically broken up by lengthy interview segments. In particular (or at least as particular as I can get by understanding a few words per minute) Kakudou and Habu talked about the different approaches to envisioning a digital world, comparing the setting of Adventure with that of Cyber Sleuth as well as how the perception of the internet and networking has changed between 1999 and now. The setting of Tamers was also brought up and V-Tamer received a few mentions as well.
    Later they talked about all the different parallel Dimensions that appeared in Digimon, Wizarmon's home world Witchenly was mentioned repeatedly and at one point Dagomon's world was brought up as well.

The last highlight of the stream was a preview of a boss battle against Arkadimon Super Ultimate that takes place right after the cutscene that we've seen in the various trailers.
    The Battle seemed to be one of those boss encounters that are purposefully designed to be unwinnable: The player's team which consisted of Triceramon, Goddramon and even Olympus XII member Mercurimon was shown to be completely ineffective against the Boss, doing between 0 and 1 damage with each attack before getting obliterated with "God Matrix".
    Last edited by Theigno; 12-13-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Witchenly was mentioned repeatedly? Iím not sure thatís ever happened before. Hopefully, they plan on expanding other portions of the lore through Hackerís Memory.

Thanks for the info Theigno! By the way, I've just seen this pictures on Twitter:

Does anyone know what are the translation of them? I'm particularly interested to know what they are asking about Frontier

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    the 1st question is "goggles are...?"
    left is "essential", right is "i don't mind even if they're not present"

2nd question is "how did you find today's stream?" and 5 options from very good to not good.

Oh thanks Garm!! You are awesome! ^^ What about the last question with the image of Digimon Frontier in the background?

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    ^same as the 2nd, 本日 and 今日 mean the same thing ('today').
    The survey (at least the question linked in the screenshot) isn't Frontier-related.

Ups my bad! Sorry then ^^