With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Digimon Story Game Being Developed

New Digimon Story Game Being Developed

A nice pre-Hacker's Memory surprise!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In a new interview, Producer Habu goes over a few recent Digimon game related details, such as the PS4 ports being made for an international audience, but he also brings up that a new 'non' Cyber Sleuth Digimon Story game is being made.

Perhaps even more interesting, based on what he says, it appears this title might have been begun development before Hacker's Memory (or at least roughly concurrent.)

It appears part of Hacker's Memory being produced was that the new title would take a longer period of time to make, and they wanted to make sure Digimon fans would have a new game to play without an extended wait time, or as he puts it "not dampening the fansí enthusiasm."

Exciting news to have the next game confirmed (even if details are slim) before the current one is even out!

How's everyone feel about it sounding like the next game will move on from Cyber Sleuth?

If you want to import the Japanese release of Hacker's Memory it comes out on December 14th. (Affiliate Links)
    PS4
    PS4 Limited Edition
    Vita
    Vita Limited Edition

The game is currently scheduled for release in the US and the rest of the world on January 19th.

It's currently up for pre-order at Amazon (affiliate link.)

Thanks to 4gamer and Gematsu for the info.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

is sounds really good if they telling us they making a now game before they release hacker memory i hope they will add a lot of new mons

Add saifors on DeviantArt
    Glad to see it move on from Cyber Sleuth, from the interview it kinda sounded like Habu basically now considers Story and Cyber Sleuth as separate, and the next one being a STory Story could mean a return to the battle system of the previous Story, which I'm all for as the battles in Cyber Sleuth were really boring and uninspired IMO.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    The future is looking up. Add 100-150 new dudes and we're reet.

HM can help fund it too.

This is excellent news! And it'll be nice to have something to point to when people are "the Digimon franchise is dead...!" Don't worry, guys, looks like we're safe for another year.

It'll be interesting to see what form the Digimon Story series takes from here though. There's really only been two engines made for it over the course of 6 games. I wonder if it will take a radically new approach to turn-based combat? Maybe it'll give us some really cool new evolution mechanic? Maybe it'll be Appmon- and Tri-focused? So many possibilities.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Sweeeeeeeet! Love Cyber Sleuth, but it really does feel like they already told the big story they wanted to. Hopefully the next one will a bigger digital world focus. More importantly, but much less likely, I hope that it's being developed directly for the PS4. A much larger, higher quality game would be great.
    Last edited by Vaioumon; 12-08-2017 at 04:43 PM.

I come from the net
    Happy to hear about this. I wonder how it will be. Haven't been able to play the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Sweeeeeeeet! Love Cyber Sleuth, but it really does feel like they already told the big story they wanted to. Hopefully the next one will a bigger digital world focus. More importantly, but much less likely, I hope that it's being developed directly for the PS4. A much larger, higher quality game would be great.
    If you are waiting for a new "World" game, wont happen, apparently last world game was next 0rder so the cyber space thing seems to be more attractive they even used it for appmon but who know, maybe they will just globalize both story and world games in one single game, i mean DIGIMON WORLD 3 is a Story game like modern ones, same with data squad etc.

I really hope the next game is based on xros wars, the game on DS was very very fun, shame, was released only in japan and well on DS...

As much as I love the Cyber Sleuth series, I'm ready for Hacker's Memory to bring it to a close and move on with brand new ideas.

I must confess that I haven't played any of the older Story games, so I'm real excited to see what they make next.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    They were saying that they're dropping Vita to focus on PS4 and that HM is only on Vita because the first one was and they didnt wanna leave Vita players behind for that

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    This is excellent news! And it'll be nice to have something to point to when people are "the Digimon franchise is dead...!" Don't worry, guys, looks like we're safe for another year.

It'll be interesting to see what form the Digimon Story series takes from here though. There's really only been two engines made for it over the course of 6 games. I wonder if it will take a radically new approach to turn-based combat? Maybe it'll give us some really cool new evolution mechanic? Maybe it'll be Appmon- and Tri-focused? So many possibilities.
    He mentuioned wanting a Olympus XII game, so it's probably that

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast