With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In which countries was Digimon Frontier aired?

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter

In which countries was Digimon Frontier aired?

After knowing about this new, I've just learned that Digimon Frontier, the fourth season of the anime, was originally aired in less countried than I thought at first. For example I assumed it was broadcasted in France back then, but I was wrong. On the other hand, I can tell that it was released, at least, in Japan (original), the USA, Germany and Spain. Since in this forum there's people for all around the world, in which of your countries was this season released in the first place and in which form (true to the original, minor changes, censored, straight to DVD, etc.)?

By the way, can we all agree that Frontier has the dopest English opening ever??

Thanks for reading guys. Have a nice day

All of digimon except Appmon air in indonesia.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Add Tavo-Lobo on Facebook
    Here In brasil aired in the channels: Fox Kids, Rede Globo, Jetix, Disney XDand Rede TV (in that order)
    They didn't censured anything (Even the Lord knightmon have a male dub).

It aired in Mexico and most of Latin America on the Fox Kids network, in the U.S. Fox Kids was only a block but in Latin America it had it's own channel that ran 24/7. It aired in uncut in it's original Japanese form, but some names were taken from the American dub, same with the other seasons. Funny that you mentioned Spain, because there are always two Spanish dubs for majority of shows that are dubbed one for Latin America and one for Europe, so there's two different Digimon Frontier's dubs in Spanish, one that aired in Latin America and the other in Spain.

I like the American opening, it's definitely one of the most memorable openings that's up there with Power Rangers and other shows. Here is the Latin American opening.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    We were skipped in the UK

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Yup. And despite this, I distinctly remember seeing the D-Tector in an Argos catalogue back then.

As I recall we also didn't get Data Squad until a few years after it already aired in the US.
    Last edited by wildwing64; 12-08-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Ain't got no mojo... ZeedMillenniummon89's Avatar
    Follow ZeedMillenniummon89 On Twitter Add ZeedMillenniummon89 on Steam
    Frontier aired in Israel on Fox Kids and later Jetix dubbed into Hebrew after Adventure, 02, and Tamers (Data Squad wasn't dubbed until the more recent ZOOM re-airing although there may have been a Jetix run that just doesn't have any proof, ZOOM also aired a Fusion dub). It was dubbed from the English dub like the other seasons's Hebrew dubs. They even dubbed A World for Us All for the opening.

An Arabic dub aired on Spacetoon after Adventure, 02 and Tamers (Data Squad was never dubbed, Fusion aired on MBC3 but was dubbed from the English dub). Dubbed from the Japanese dub like Adventure, 02, and Tamers also were. The name was changed to Abtal 'Al Digital (The Digital Heroes) as with all seasons except for Fusion. Not sure about if there were cuts/edits and what they were but I do know they changed everyone's names to Arabic names and changed the Digimon's names (that is another standard procedure they did with all seasons, again except for Fusion). They dubbed Fire for the opening and Innocent for the ending, not sure about An Endless Tale.

(I'm an American and grew up with the English dub but I'm knowledgeable about the international dubs)
    If the world's past is destroyed, then history can be altered. Heheheh... Digimon data will be sent from the future world to the world of the past, to create my new world... Hahaha! Won't it be fantastic? All human, Digimon, and network data will be transformed into a world that exists for my sake! Fwahahaha!

Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    It aired in Germany (just like the first three seasons, Savers (which was the most censured dub we got based on the japanese version) and Fusion S1 (based on the US version and only the first 30 episodes, as far as I know - might be wrong though).

From the first four seasons Frontier got the leasts reruns, though.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Yup. And despite this, I distinctly remember seeing the D-Tector in an Argos catalogue back then.

As I recall we also didn't get Data Squad until a few years after it already aired in the US.
    We got games too. I remember getting Battle Spirit and being confused.

When did we get Data Squad? I think I first saw it in 2010 on Kix

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    All of digimon except Appmon air in indonesia.
    Event Hunters?? Wow that's really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    It aired in Mexico and most of Latin America on the Fox Kids network, in the U.S. Fox Kids was only a block but in Latin America it had it's own channel that ran 24/7. It aired in uncut in it's original Japanese form, but some names were taken from the American dub, same with the other seasons. Funny that you mentioned Spain, because there are always two Spanish dubs for majority of shows that are dubbed one for Latin America and one for Europe, so there's two different Digimon Frontier's dubs in Spanish, one that aired in Latin America and the other in Spain.
    Exactly! I was aware there's also the Latin America dub, but since it's the same for many countries, I wasn't sure in which countries it was aired, and in which ones not. It's funny now that you say so, cause I know many Latin American fans that claim they prefer the Castilian Spanish dub over the Latin American one, which is something really uncommon in both ways. I have only seen the one from Spain, but I can tell the voice acting and effects are top-notch (And I'm not only talking about the Zoe's climax during her Beast Spirit Evolution) hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post

We got games too. I remember getting Battle Spirit and being confused.

When did we get Data Squad? I think I first saw it in 2010 on Kix
    OMG that's really misleading...and amazing in some sort of way!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast