With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Your favorite Digi-games

  1. #11
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Digimon World 3 was actually MUCH clearer about sign-posting where to go in Japanese. I don't know how anyone can play that game with the terrible English localization.
    I think the EU 2003 one is much better than US. It's Bandai's fault for releasing it sooner in US, it was cut.

  2. #12
    Completely digital Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    896
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I can't imagine it being worse than ours for it XD

  3. #13
    Ain't got no mojo... Akfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Spain
    Age
    26
    Posts
    45
    Add Akfly on Discord Add Akfly on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    It's weird seeing so much DW3 love in here. I was never a big fan of its story. The concept is nice, but it is one of the worst translations I have ever seen of a game. Not just spelling errors, but sentences so contradictory I had to play the game in Japanese before I finally understood the story.
    Well, I played it in Spanish, never tried the English one. It had some translation errors, but nothing crucial (I can't recall any spelling errors). In exchange, I can tell you that we had a really bad translation of FFVII, to the point that sometimes it was hilarious.

    I agree with the rest of the things that you say about DW3, specially the graphics xD, except that I liked it more I suppose :P

  4. #14
    I'm going digital McGann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    425
    Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Probably still the first World because of it's atmosphere and environments.
    Though Re:digitize does have overall superior gameplay and comes very close to beating it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Digimon World 3 was actually MUCH clearer about sign-posting where to go in Japanese. I don't know how anyone can play that game with the terrible English localization.
    Having played it for the first time not long ago, there were a couple of parts where I got stuck HARD. I'm unsure if that was my fault or the game's fault, but it definitely demanded your attention to keep track of where you were going. In that sense I did enjoy it a lot, since you had to intuit your next location, which is more fun than just being flat out told where to go. Weirdly, it had more of a puzzle aspect to it than Cyber Sleuth.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Digimon World 3 was actually MUCH clearer about sign-posting where to go in Japanese. I don't know how anyone can play that game with the terrible English localization.
    Maybe because you already played and understand the game in its original language and then you compared it?


    I beat DW3 when i was 9-10 years old without using guide (i don't know if this is impressive or not, just mentioning it since i can't beat DW and DW2 until 2-3 years later, till i understand the mechanics). English wasn't my first language (so i don't think bad translation really affect much), but i wasn't too bad at English that time, though i do need few help from dictionary. I got stuck quite a long time, twice, not because language, but because it was easy to get lost at certain point and gave up. First one was in Protocol Forest. I can't figure that it's possible to go to the ruins since you can't see your character because the trees are everywhere in that place. I got stuck until my friend randomly walked past the forest and got into the ruin. After that, it was smooth sail until Mirage Desert. Got lost in that desert, gave up by training main 8 ultimate level until they got their signature tech in bost west server and Asuka Sewers, until someday i found Mirage Tower. After that, everything went smooth until the end.

    Maybe "where to go" aren't very clear, but if younloves to explore and quite memorized the characters, it was easy.

  6. #16
    I'm not really into Digimon games,
    but since fighting games are one of my favorites, I'd opted for "Digimon Tamers - Battle Evolution".
    Simple thus fun with perfect original Digimon Series OST playing along with the games.

  7. #17
    Ain't got no mojo... Sapphire Luna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    36
    Visit Sapphire Luna's Youtube Channel Add Sapphire Luna on DeviantArt
    Considering I don't own a PS4 or Vita, would you say it's worth it to get a Vita just to play the Vita games? Are they good enough to justify it? I know this is subjective. They look cool but in the past all Digimon games I've played have been average.

  8. #18
    Completely digital Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    896
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Luna View Post
    Considering I don't own a PS4 or Vita, would you say it's worth it to get a Vita just to play the Vita games? Are they good enough to justify it? I know this is subjective. They look cool but in the past all Digimon games I've played have been average.
    Yes. They're a step above past games.

  9. #19
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    26
    Props to those who said Digimon World 3. I easily agree with that one, as it is still my favorite even today. It's like the best aspects of Digimon World (+DW:NO) combined with DS:CS, and before the latter even existed. Ever since Digimon came out, I've enjoyed the idea of getting to roam freely through the digital world, and DW, DW3, and DWNO do a good job of portraying the digital world in a way that makes sense. But aside from it being a turn-based rpg, which I like in this one, they also don't stick you with giant digivolved forms of your digimon who are supposed to be behind you running off in front of you so you can't see where you are going. I love that even tho they were digivolved in-game, they still retained their rookie forms and followed you around everywhere. Oh yeah, and speaking of digivolution, just that. You could do it any time, including during battle, and not have to go to a room to do it.

    Don't get me wrong, I love that you can have different digivolutions based on certain stats, but Next Order doesn't even let you choose to opt out of certain evolutions unless you block them at the dojo. Still, it is neat they added that. Aside from all that tho, World 3 had a great story, and it didn't feel rushed with story or digivolving, always having to go back and forth between each form, or dragging it on because your partner died and you had to start over cuz now you're no match for the digimon you beat 2 minutes ago. Oh yeah, and you're digimon gotta go to the bathroom. Lol, oh Digimon World. Love it and hate it. Let's just go around kicking some trees instead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •