With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite Digi-games

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Digimon World 3 was actually MUCH clearer about sign-posting where to go in Japanese. I don't know how anyone can play that game with the terrible English localization.
    I think the EU 2003 one is much better than US. It's Bandai's fault for releasing it sooner in US, it was cut.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    I can't imagine it being worse than ours for it XD

It's weird seeing so much DW3 love in here. I was never a big fan of its story. The concept is nice, but it is one of the worst translations I have ever seen of a game. Not just spelling errors, but sentences so contradictory I had to play the game in Japanese before I finally understood the story.
    Well, I played it in Spanish, never tried the English one. It had some translation errors, but nothing crucial (I can't recall any spelling errors). In exchange, I can tell you that we had a really bad translation of FFVII, to the point that sometimes it was hilarious.

I agree with the rest of the things that you say about DW3, specially the graphics xD, except that I liked it more I suppose :P

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Probably still the first World because of it's atmosphere and environments.
    Though Re:digitize does have overall superior gameplay and comes very close to beating it.

Digimon World 3 was actually MUCH clearer about sign-posting where to go in Japanese. I don't know how anyone can play that game with the terrible English localization.
    Having played it for the first time not long ago, there were a couple of parts where I got stuck HARD. I'm unsure if that was my fault or the game's fault, but it definitely demanded your attention to keep track of where you were going. In that sense I did enjoy it a lot, since you had to intuit your next location, which is more fun than just being flat out told where to go. Weirdly, it had more of a puzzle aspect to it than Cyber Sleuth.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Maybe because you already played and understand the game in its original language and then you compared it?

I beat DW3 when i was 9-10 years old without using guide (i don't know if this is impressive or not, just mentioning it since i can't beat DW and DW2 until 2-3 years later, till i understand the mechanics). English wasn't my first language (so i don't think bad translation really affect much), but i wasn't too bad at English that time, though i do need few help from dictionary. I got stuck quite a long time, twice, not because language, but because it was easy to get lost at certain point and gave up. First one was in Protocol Forest. I can't figure that it's possible to go to the ruins since you can't see your character because the trees are everywhere in that place. I got stuck until my friend randomly walked past the forest and got into the ruin. After that, it was smooth sail until Mirage Desert. Got lost in that desert, gave up by training main 8 ultimate level until they got their signature tech in bost west server and Asuka Sewers, until someday i found Mirage Tower. After that, everything went smooth until the end.

Maybe "where to go" aren't very clear, but if younloves to explore and quite memorized the characters, it was easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12