With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacker's Memory Reviewed in Famitsu

Hacker's Memory Reviewed in Famitsu

Just a bit over a week left for those in Japan!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The next issue of Famitsu in Japan has their review scores for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory and they are VERY good.

The magazine gave both the PS4 and Vita versions of Hacker's Memory 9/9/9/8 (35/40.)

This is a slight improvement on the score that the original Cyber Sleuth received which was 8/9/9/8 (34/40) and should hopefully put any last minute fears to rest that the game doesn't live up to it's predecessor.

If you want to import the Japanese release of Hacker's Memory... (Affiliate Links)
    PS4
    PS4 Limited Edition
    Vita
    Vita Limited Edition

The game is currently scheduled for release in the US and the rest of the world in January.

It's currently up for pre-order at Amazon (affiliate link.)

Thanks to Gematsu and Ryokutya2089 for the scores and Shadow Shinji for the heads up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Add Tavo-Lobo on Facebook
    What a pity that the information was just a score instead of a text review...

But it still seems like the game will not be a copy and paste of the old game: More digimons, change of clothes, new plot, more interesting characters....
    All this new stuff probably kept the score on top

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Only 9 days left!! I cannot wait ​(^o^) By the way, I positively think Hacker's Memory is the Digimon game with the highest score in Famitsu so far!! As far as I recall:
    *Digimon Story got 8/7/8/7 [30/40].
    *Digimon Story: Sunburst & Moonlight got 7/7/7/7 [28/40].
    *Digimon Story: Lost Evolution got 8/8/7/7 [30/40].
    *Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue & Red got 8/8/8/8 [32/40].
    *Digimon World Re:Digitize got 8/8/7/8 [31/40].
    *Digimon Adventure (PSP) got 8/7/7/7[29/40].
    *Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode got 8/8/8/8 [32/40].
    *Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth got 8/9/9/8 [34/40].
    *Digimon World: Next Order got 8/8/9/8 [33/40].
    *Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (3DS) got 8/8/8/7 [31/40].
    and now...
    *Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory got 9/9/9/8 [35/40].

Am I missing anyone?

Wow, better than the original huh? That seems rather uncommon with direct sequels like this. I can't wait for it in English!

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Good stuff. Better than the first? I guess we'll see.

Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish, imo. Cyber Sleuth was great, don't get me wrong, but the story was more driven by the characters than the plot. So improving on either of those points (on top of the gameplay and digimon roster additions) makes for a better game. Good to hear that that seems to be the case.

Red shirt
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    The fact that Japan's getting a two-in-one package that includes an upgraded version of the original Cyber Sleuth might be worth mentioning. Though hopefully, a lot of this review was based around the core Hacker's Memory game on its own merits.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Add Tavo-Lobo on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    The fact that Japan's getting a two-in-one package that includes an upgraded version of the original Cyber Sleuth might be worth mentioning....
    Are they also going to give an update on Sleuth in the American version as well when they launch in the West (that stuff you can change clothes)? Or will it'll be exclusive to Japan?

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Well let's keep in mind that Hacker's Memory is the first Digimon game that has been classified as a "CERO: C" in Japan, that is, it's only recommned for people above 15 years old, so we can expect a very mature and maybe obscure at some points plot line.

In another vein, such an important (and unexpected) news. I've just noticed that the Limited Edition for both PS4 and PS Vita has been sold out in most of the available websites so far, that is, CDJapan, AmiAmi and even PlayAsia. I think it's only still up in Solaris Japan at a higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Well let's keep in mind that Hacker's Memory is the first Digimon game that has been classified as a "CERO: C" in Japan, that is, it's only recommned for people above 15 years old, so we can expect a very mature and maybe obscure at some points plot line.
    I doubt it will have that. If the last game was anything to go by "aimed at adults" translated to "using kanji that younger audiences wouldn't be able to read and having more cleavage on the female characters".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast